It's A Surprise

Music, Style and Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sheba

She was so angry, So embarrassed and surprisingly, to her dismay, . As she walked through the dimmed corridors of the studios she tried to recollect what just happened to her. She doesn't remember drifting off in the studio corner but she surely remembers coming back to reality. She realized that the music stopped playing and was slowly waking up only to see a man standing over her staring into her face. He was gorgeous and she knows that many would think he wasn't polished enough or didn't fit the exact beauty standard of Korea but he was gorgeous to her. His dark eyes filled with curiosity. It would have been fine if only he wasn't standing over her while she was so vulnerable. It made her feel so uncomfortable. 

Sheba shook her head to erase the memory. Now she just wanted to go home. She hurriedly past the front desk and muttered thank you in Korean to the receptionist. As she exited the front of the building she gathered her jacket closer. It was only natural that her driver was there waiting. 

"Why can't all men be this reliable" she muttered to herself. She could see her breath in the cold as they created small clouds that evaporated swiftly as she entered the toasty car.  She started to rub her hands together as she tried to bring them back to body temperature. She nestled next to the car window and the car started to move off. He was going to take her home. There was no discussion needed.

Sheba could feel him observing her in the rearview mirror. He seemed to notice something was off but knew it wasn't something to ask about and Sheba never soothed his concerns. 

The humming of the engine and the movement of the scenery allowed her mind to wander back to the studio. Sheba felt the heat on her cheeks as she remembers the man pulling her to him. She could tell by the shock on his face that was never his intention but hell, what did she know? Men can be so smooth it could have been a move he used on a plethora of women. It didn't change the fact she couldn't get him out of her head. He was slender but sturdy. She could smell his light perfume, a musk that had slightly faded and mixed with his own natural scent. His body heat warmed that scent that tickled more than her nose.  "Biology is weird like that" Sheba thought.  She knew nothing about this man except that he was a flipping freak who seemed to have a thing about invading the space of sleeping women whom he doesn't know.

And yet she was utterly attracted to him

To be fair, She also knew that his lashes were long. His skin was smooth and seemed soft to the touch.That his breath smelt of mint. That his lips looked like they made for her s....

"And there it is!" Sheba thought "Flipping biology and loneliness" 

"Miss, we are home" Sheba driver stated softly. She was so lost in thought she was startled by his voice and gave a slight jump. 

"Oh! Thank You. I, um, will be going. Tomorrow morning then."

Sheba exits out the car and swiftly enters the lobby of her apartment building. Luxury is an understatement here. Rich modern decor and warm lighting accented by gold hardware. The lobby ceiling was high with glass chandeliers and white marbles floors with flecks of gold designed by the worlds best. White leather couches and white porcelain tables trimmed with gold provided the residents and their guest a place to converse.  Sheba is more or less down to earth as a child raised by a millionaire father can be but there are some things she couldn't deny.  She loved the visuals of luxury. She let out a sigh of relief as she stepped into the elevator and made her way to her apartment.  

S

Please log in to read the full chapter