Unexpected Love

VERSHA (Unexpected Love)

(Author's POV)

Party isn't right choice for Vernon. But he forced himself to follow Kyle, his best friend who was being invited by Williams family for prom night.

Along with matchmaking for their daughter with a son of conglomerate family. His name is Aron Kwak.

Vernon held himself to keep on patient to let the girls who kept stared at him, while held their glass filled with liquid coloured reddish violet, grape sparkling juice.

They stared at him unstoppably to stare at Vernon, although his face was being covered by masquerade silver coloured. Which it seemed similar with his armor steal that he used on his elbow, his wrist and his shoulder. Based on dress code for that night was actually as a knight.

"Kyle, I can't stand here anymore!"  Vernon whispered discomfortly to Kyle because he got so many stares on him by unknown flirty girls who wanted to talk to him.

That night, Kyle who wore his vampire costume as his dress code for his costume, which was white t-shirt covered by black tuxedo and he wore black trouser. Either his light brown contact lens in his eyes, as his face covered by black masquerade. 

Kyle just waved lazily bis hand to Vernon as he kept make himself busy to talk with his close friend, but Vernon never knew him.

Vernon and Kyle were two young man in 23 age, who had tied their friendship since they were kids.

Kyle who seemed enthusiastic to enjoy and follow the party only wanted to see Aron Kwak, also some of his relations of Williams as a  oble family from England.

He felt lucky about his sister, Kyla wasn't here. If Kyla was here, she would drag Vernon to taste kinds of food. So she wouldn't feel that bored. She disliked party place just like Vernon did. But as long as food avails. Actually it would make Kyle so mad if he caught Kyla who loved to consume sweets. However, she needed to take care for her weight body.


Sometimes both of Vernon and Kyla could be so compete. That's why Kyle trusted on Vernon to take care for Kyla, but Vernon never thought to date Kyla. He had assumed Kyla as younger sister for him.

After Kyle finished with his friend and let Vernon stucked inside his boring atmosphere, that guy with vampire figure embraced Vernon who seemed very bored and felt discomfort with the situation in the ballroom. 

"Why do you want to meet with that son of conglomerate so much?" Kyle seemed not surprised by the way Vernon reacted it when his mood just got ruined.

"Well you know I am from business administration major on college, right? I heard he is a part of young businessman. So it could be counted as a chance of mine to get a job." 
Vernon had known since so long about Kyle who wanted to have and join to the other business, but to make a dream come true isn't easy.


Kyle could only work as an admin in a small company temporary. With almost enough salary! But, of course Kyla wants it more!

"You can also start your business by selling your famous brand shoes." Stated Vernon carelessly. He sprightly took a glass of grape juice from the lady who past with a tray.

"I'm bored to do it. I also want to try to join to big company!" Vernon didn't answer it anymore, then he just sipped his grape juice.

"Well it could be counted as... I want to find a girl to know each other."

"There are so many girls. If you can, you should talk to them to know them, instead of let me to face them." Vernon pointed to the girls who had just stared at Vernon with flirty stares. It actually made him not really comfort with it.

"Why must be them? Weren't they keep on staring you?" Vernon just shrugged.

"Don't deny it that way Vern. If you keep being like this, when will you have a couple? You always cold whenever you face girls, since senior high school." Vernon is indeed such a cold typical. Most girls in his school liked him, unfortunately he never gave any chance to one of them.

"It's just I don't know how to face them. I don't even know what should I say to them. All this time I ignored-"

"It's not because you don't know it. But, you indeed don't like all of them." Kyle cut his statement.

"Try to be warm and friendly guy! I'm sure you will find a girl that you like. Tonight, if you can." Kyle said as he sipped back his grape without he cared about Vernon's cold reaction.

Someone above the stage has just made a clinking sound of the spoon that knocked the glass as the hosts. 


There were a couple of husband and wife, Brad Williams and Sonna Williams.

"Good evening to all ladies and gentleman. I would loved to say thank you for presents and based on invitation, your existence such a meaningful to be presented for us. So, we.."

"Wow! There must the parents of the girl that will be paired with Aron Kwak, right?" Kyle nudged Vernon softly.

"You're right. The life of nobles."

That American guy got absolutely bored to hear the speech as the core of the event. So, Vernon told Kyle that he had to walk around to calm down on his mind.

He took a step and past some ladies who still guided some snacks, foods, drinks, as one of the lady offered it to him but Vernon just smiled and shook his head politely.

"No, thank you.."

He lost his appetite after his mood changed. If only Kyle was not his best friend, he would leave Kyle here and go home to sleep. Vernon kept surround the room that seemed like a living room. He stared at it carefully.


But, he found that opened living room from further and he could see slight as the shadow of the aquarium in front of him. The aquarium seemed so long as it almost close to the gap to enter that room, Vernon thought he would peep on it.

But, he remove away his thoughts as the shadow of the girl that coincidentally watched the fishes were swimming in that aquarium. Vernon slightly could see her through the glass of the aquarium. She's beautiful.

He could see it from the way she smiled. Her face was being covered with her white masquerade with decoration of blink around her masquerade.

At first, her eyes on the fishes, but now that surprisingly mysterious guy replaced her eyes to stare to.


Vernon didn't know what kind of the thing that had just affected him. But, Vernon didn't even blink his eyes to face that opponent gender creature.
There was only the question about,
"What is she doing in William family's living room?" Even if he forgot to count how long he had stared at that girl without blink. The beat of his heart was very unusual. As it was just like that, Vernon smiled slightly to her.

The girl smiled back at Vernon and again his heart beated so fast. The warm feels came into his chest when she smiled back to him.
"Are you looking for something inside that aquarium, sir?" Vernon shocked as he quickly turned his head to one of the lady. He became stuttered to answer as he made such a simple lies to answer. He thought that he just got caught by the lady like he planned to steal the fishes of the aquarium.

 

"No. Nothing. I was just... Watching the fishes!" Vernon forced his giggle, then he went back to the previous position. Vernon took a deep breath slowly but the girl has just gone!

"Where is she?" He slightly shocked, as Vernon saw to the gape to enter the room without door.

 

But, when he was about to get into, he heard the steps as it apparently was that girl. She stared at Vernon as she just got to the room from the balcony, Vernon didn't even know where she went through because she could be here from the balcony. How? It seemed so weird.

Vernon took a glance to that spacious balcony so he thought that girl probably went through the door in that opened living room, which was connected with balcony.

The thing that was actually confussing Vernon, that mysterious girl who seemed like an angel ran after she faced Vernon. As Vernon ran to chase that girl who wore an ordinary white gown. But, she looked beautiful, graceful with it as Vernon found that dove wings on her back like an angel.
  
"Hey, wait!" As it had seen from behind, she had a long straight hair with brownish colour as half of her hair was being tied untightly with white ribbon. He didn't even understand why should he chase her.
But, he won't stopped, in fact he past the crowd of the guests who seemed busy to talk, dance, etc. Luckily, that boring speech had just ended up so Vernon wouldn't make unrest thing with that girl, by running as childish things. Fortunately, that girl didn't use high heels so she could run easily.

Vernon tried to breath out as it sounded uncontrolly, while he held both of his thighs. He felt tired after he chase that mysterious girl until he found a garden of this house.

 


See!

Even the garden looked so big and large with green grass walls around around. All the grass walls were tall enough to protect this house from thief to try to get into this house.

"She's weird. Why did she run away just like that? Now where did she go?" Vernon straightened his body with his head still went round and round to find that girl. Then, he caught the figure of her who was just sneaking into the "room" between the green walls. As the room shaped like the room full of leaves. That guy took his step and entered to the "room of leaves" which was a bit dark but the moonlight and a few of garden lamps shone inside.

He found that girl who was backing him with that dove wings.

"Why are you even here?"  Asked the girl with flat reaction. She sounded a bit cold and sharp. Vernon didn't answer it as he didn't know what he wanted to say.
"I.."
"You know, you don't have to stalk me because I just want to leave this place. As soon. As possible." That mysterious girl cut his sentence with a tone that sounded like she felt upset. As her accent sounded wasn't clearly American. Vernon just realised that she was a British conglomerate who lived in America.

"Excuse me?" Vernon knew she wanted to leave this party. He had the same thoughts as her. But, what did she mean from the last sentence? Was she the only guest who felt excommunicated by the other guests? Or..

"Because this is the place where I'm living and where I supposed to leave." Vernon nodded slowly and gulped. He totally understood that girl was the daughter of the hosts. 

She, what?! The daughter of the hosts!?

"Okay, so what makes you have a thought to leave your own home?" It was very hard to read that mysterious girl because she covered her face with that mask.

 

She just walked around and past through Vernon as she said nothing. At first, Vernon wanted to hold that girl so she wouldn't run anymore, but for a seconds she turned around.

"I don't want to be paired...."

Since both of them got anxious and bored towards the party. Vernon and Shannon Cressida Williams decided to danced at Gazebo which was near postern door of Williams house. 

Her name sounded gorgeous and the middle of her name, which had the meaning behind of mythology from Shakespeare creation.

 

 

 

 

As the music from the house inside could be heard at the outside as accompanist for them to dance.

Vernon thought how stupid he was because he didn't realise that he just chased a daughter of Williams family, who would be paired with Aron Kwak. 

"I have told them that I really object thia matchmaker. But, they forced me with reason of the goodness for family name. I have no choice except obey it." 

"Are they living in 80s era? Even if forced matchmaker is still apply for them." Thoughts from Vernon. 

"But, when my mum and dad started tbeir speech as the opening of this event. Suddenly I felt like a fool. I chose to not to follow of what I want and always depend on my parents." He knew how bitter Shannon felt that she should be forced to marry the sin of conglomerate. But, there was no love from Shannon for that guy named Aron Kwak.

"I understand.. Every marriage that will be done should be based on love that we have. Also the power of trust to keep relationship and build a family." Shannon nodded in agreement at his statement.

That's impossible for Shannon to marry Aron without the love, even though there would be a life guarantee for Shannon and her future children.

"They always think that... Love isn't always giving happiness." Shannon said as she smiled bitterly.

"So that's it. Life is full with bitter and sweet, tears and happiness, either love and hate. Life is beautiful, isn't it?" Shannon nodded as her smile turned to sweet

"If the love will not always give us happiness, but mostly love bringsthe shade how sweet life is." Vernon smiled as he never smiled that way before after he heard that sweet and poetics words of Shannon. As it sounded like she restated it from Shakespeare romantism poetry.

They stopped their movement of the dance and began to stare each other, as it started from Vernon. It made Shannon hard speak up of what she felt. About something was circling around her heart.

 

Is it impossible for a cold guy like Vernon to fall in love instantly? He couldn't stop to stare at Shannon who seemed nervous and gugup because of his stares, Vernon could feel his heart beated as it kept on going, Shannon could feel that warm sense on her cheeks along with her heartbeat.

 

Both of his hands were being lift up to her face, Vernon intend to open her white mask but quickly Shannon took a step back away from him. And, again.. She ran from that guy.

"Okay, where are you going?" Vernon chuckled as he chased Shannon who ran circling the garden.

Both of them laughed and Vernon still chase her, while surroundes the spacious garden. As they could feel the wind in the night blew their skin, which it gave cool sensation. 

Shannon who was still running but she stopped immediately because Vernon wasn't behind her anymore. 

"Vernon? Vernon.. Where are you?" Her head went round and round to find that tall guy. But, then his presence was surprisingly her by gave  back hug for Shannon and Vernon pushed her softly to the corner of the wall of the house, near the Gazebo.

"I got you." Vernon smiled satisfied as his voice sound soft and deep, which it was very calming to be heard through her ears. His effort wouldn't be failed to take the masquerade off of Shannon's face.

He softly opened it and her hand followed automatically to open his silver masquerade also. They stared each other after the mask had been opened from each of faces, they seemed awkward to see their real faces each other.

 

Vernon was more preferring to see Shannon without masquerade. She was so gorgeous and sweet even more. If her face was being covered with the mask, she would be look a like mysterious and cold girl.


She got that couple brown eyes, those eyes were not really big, pointy nose and slightly chubby cheeks. 

How adorable she was!

The first impression of Shannon towards Vernon was.. Vernon was more handsome than Aron Kwak, he got that strong jaw and sharp chin. He had pointy nose also, couple of hazel eyes that could make the girls drown in love to him.

Shannon seemed like she doubt to say of her impression towards his face.

"Hmm... I'm absolutely sure that the women might be drown to you." She whispered in British accent as it tickled Vernon's ears. He loved that deep and nasal voice with that accent.

 

How y it was!

"Why do you think so?"

"Well you have beautiful eyes. Most women can't get over this look. But I thought you seemed so cold." Shannon was right. No need to know him more but she knows the figure of Vernon, which is easy to be guessed.

"What if I say men will drown to you easily?"

"May I know the reason why did you think that way?" Shannon asked the same question as Vernon did it before.

"Because the way you talk is very adorable and.." Vernon had not finished with his words as he made his face close to Shannon's. 


The close distance between them was being accompanist by the silence and the sound of heart beat from each other.
"And.. What?" Shannon asked him again and ditched the silence between her and Vernon.

"And... Crushable?" As Vernon got his "destination" by kissed Shannon on her lips. But, then when they had their kisses for a seconds, a limousine just came to the house area. Luckily, Shannon had not closed her eyes and she slowly pushed Vernon.

"They're coming!" Shannon said a bit panic and Vernon could see it through her face. Slowly Shannon pulled Vernon to leave that place and move to the grass walls and they hid inside the room of leaves. So, her parents, Aron Kwak and his parents wouldn't see his future wife with another guy.


In fact, Shannon's parents didn't know the existence of their daughter.

Shannon was still peeping through the gap of the green walls to see Aron was there. He seemed like he was ready to meet Shannon in there. And, also she found her parents along with her bodyguard greeted Kwak's family.

But, then Vernon was suddenly turning back the position of her body, as he continued his unfinished kisses with Shannon because of the Kwak family's  limousine broke the moment between them. "Cursed you limousine!"  Vernon cursed on his mind.

Vernon slowly stopped the kissed after he crushed her pretty lips.

 

"You don't have to care about someone that will never care about you. It is better for you to follow your heart. Isn't that what you want?" Shannon had not answered it yet but then Vernon went back to 'attack' her lips with his intimate kisses.

 

Although, both of them had just knew each other, Shannon and Vernon had been stucked and felt comfort to stick together.

All this time Shannon and Vernon had never been felt this heart beat before. They had never been like this. It was their first time to fall in love to each other.

When the love grows inside each hearts without estimate time. As it made Shannon think that she would be better to spend her night to kissing with Vernon instead of being forced to dance with Aron. With the fakeness that she had prepared and pretend to be happy in front of Aron and his parents.

That girl really enjoyed his kisses which was starting very smooth, as it turned to be more passionate. Shannon was almost lose her breath. She stopped the kisses to control her breath and her heartbeat, as for Vernon did the same thing as her. Vernon realised that he couldn't control himself. 

Their forehead met each other. Skin to skin. Though, Vernon still kissed Shannon on her cheek, her jaw and randomly his lips moved to kiss her chin. As he went down to kiss her tiny shoulder skin. She moaned softly and lift her neck when Vernon also gave one peck to her neck.

 

Vernon lifted up his head to kiss her lips as it deeper than before. It was their first kiss that would never been planned before. Even if their meet wouldn't be planned. Either fall in love. It was such unplanned and unexpectedly to fall in love with someone new.

Vernon ended up the kisses before he did something cross the line. His eyes still stucked on Shannon, as Shannon slowly opened her eyes. They smiled each other with her hands were still on his chest, as his hands were circling around her waist.

"This knight has just rescued me me."
Said Shannon and chuckled whilst she touched the armor steal on his chest. 

"I do think so." Vernon smirked.

"At least, I feel so lucky to have you right now." Shannon totally knew that she broke the rules, but she was happier to be with Vernon. As the guy grabbed her hand and kissed it softly. 

"Only for tonight! You can hide from them with me."

"How about tomorrow?" Shannon asked in hopefully. Vernon was being silence for a seconds to think the best answer. He was worried about his decision. It was like he had just taken the girl who should become the wife of someone else. 


Vernon thought how evil he was, however Shannon was the future wife of Aron Kwak. But, Shannon already chose Vernon.

"If your parents still force you. I will go there to face them and to make sure them." It might be weird for someone like Vernon to do that because he had never been in relationship before.

But, now he would try for it, even though it had such a big risk.

"Then, what if they will reject you?"

"I will take you away from here." Vernon said with his serious stares, but Shannon wouldn't give up to make sure about him.

"What if they found me and punished me? What would you do?"

"I'd rather die to prove how great is my love for you." Shannon got dumbfounded after she heard that. That girl chuckled.

"But if I die, with whom you'll be?"
The question was actually confussing him. 

She was right. If he died, with whom she would be? Vernon gave his hug for the first time for Shannon. He held her back like he had never been hugged before.

"I'd rather to die with you.." He whispered.