A good blind date

Bangtan drabbles

Pairing: vkook 

Rating: none I guess?

 

Taehyung was nervous. He didn't know what to expect. His mother has arranged a blind date for him. He didn't want to go but he had to. He didn't wanna disobey his mother. He had finished college three years ago and now was working at an architecture firm. He had a good salary, a nice apartment and he liked his work. Life was just fine. He just didn't have this one thing, a relationship. Not that he tried though, he was married to his work. He was a workaholic. Why Not? He loved what he did. But his mother thought it was a lame excuse and he should just get married. Taehyung sighed as he waited at the table of a fancy looking resturaunt. Fancy people everywhere. He didn't like it.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

Taehyung looked up to see a boy standing at the other side of the round table. "Yes?"

 

"Are you Kim Taehyung?" 

 

"Yes. Yes I am." Taehyung cleared his throat. The boy looked like a college student. 

 

"Oh..I believe our mothers wanted us to meet."

Taehyung looked at the other with a shocked expression. But this boy was too young! How can his mother set him up with someone who isn't financially stable. He shook his head and gestured for the younger male to sit down. 

"Let me introduce myself. I'm jeon Jungkook. Age 22, in my last year of college, fine arts major."

 

The boy looked pretty confident. Taehyung cleared his throat and introduced himself. "Kim Taehyung. Age 27, working at BTS constructions."

 

"Nice to meet you Taehyungshi." The younger of the two smiled, showing off his cute bunny teeth. He's cute.

 

"Nice to meet you too." 

 

There was an awkward silence. Luckily the waiter came and asked them their orders. "You like steak?" Taehyung asked when the others eyes had lit up after spotting steak in the menu. 

 

"Everyone likes steak." Jungkook answered as a matter of factly to which Taehyung chuckled. 

 

"Don't you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend? How'd you agree with your parents in this? Just curious." Taehyung began after the food had arrived. "College life is like a peak point of life. You gotta enjoy everything in it because after that life isn't fun anymore."

 

"I am enjoying life." Jungkook said after taking a bite of his steak. "But I'm not in a relationship. Umma asked me to go so I did."

 

"And you agreed on seeing an old man."

 

"You're only four years older. Does it make much of a difference?"

 

"Hmm I heard it right then."

 

"What?" Jungkook looked up from his plate at stared at the other.

 

"Fine arts students do have flexible thinking."

 

"For a guy who is 27 you sure think old." 

 

"I can't help it. I'm an old soul." Taehyung shrugged.

 

"You didn't look like one in the picture."

 

"Picture?" Taehyung raised his eyebrows.

 

"Didn't your mother show you my picture?" Jungkook frowned a bit to which Taehyung shook his head slightly. "Do you know that our mothers are friends?" Taehyung shook his head again. "Are you aware that this isn't a blind date? But an arranged marriage."

 

Taehyung's mouth hung open as he stared at the other. "And you're ok with that?"

 

Jungkook shrugged. "It's not like I am in a relationship. Might as well do what umma says."

 

"Mama's boy."

 

"Look who's talking." 

 

Taehyung clicked his tongue and shook his head. "Well if we got to know each other you have to pay me some respect."

 

"Like calling you hyung?" Jungkook scruched his nose. "Not a cool sight."

 

"No I meant keeping your bratty remarks to yourself." Taehyung groaned and the other laughed.

 

"Come one ajussi. You need to loosen up a bit." 

 

"There you go again!" Suddenly Taehyung's phone started ringing. He picked it up.

 

"Umma.. "

 

"How is it going taehyungie. Did you like the surprise?" 

 

Taehyung looked towards Jungkook, who smirked. "Yeah definitely a surprise."

 

"Aren't you happy? You got your wish come true."

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

"I didn't tell you this and you would've forgotten by now but.. " His mother began.

"When you were 5 and Jungkook was a year old. You said you wanted to get married to him."

 

"I did that!?"

 

"Yes you did. You used to hower around him and protect him all the time. But then we moved to Seoul and you two didn't meet. You were a crying mess." She chuckled. "Remember the Mrs. Jeon? The next door auntie who backed wonder brownies? His son kookie, you used to call him. He's sitting right infront of you right now."

 

Taehyung froze and looked at Jungkook. A few blurred memories came rushing back to him. Was that kookie 

 

"Don't lose the opportunity son. Jungkook's mother And I waited so long for this moment."

 

Taehyung mumbled a few more sentences into the phone and then looked towards a confused looked Jungkook.

"Now that we have finished our food. Wanna go out on the drive?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Let's go on a proper date. Get to know each other."

 

Jungkook blinked a few times but then nodded. He looked cute when he's confused. Taehyung got up paid the bill despite Jungkook's protests. They both walked to his car. "Where's your car?"

 

"The driver dropped me here."

 

"Ok get in." Taehyung opened the door and Jungkook got in. "Does the driver take you to college too?" 

 

"I take the subway."

 

"Uh?"

 

"I don't have a car yet."

 

"Well. I'll be the one dropping you and picking you up from college form now on." 

 

"Huh?"

 

"You heard me." Taehyung looked towards Jungkook who looked flustered. "Where is the snarky brat who kept insulting me a few minutes ago?" 

 

"You're sudden change if behaviour made me shocked." Jungkook said a matter if factly. He opened his mouth to say something else but he didn't know what to see.

 

"Well then I'll be more positive from now on." Taehyung smirked and drove away.

 

...