a taste of victory

a taste of victory
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jongdae was bored. It wasn't often that he found himself bored, but there had been a lull to their activities, which meant he and the other members found themselves back home at the dorms with some free time on their hands. 

 

Head pillowed against Minseok's stomach, he looks up and stares at the boy who is totally engrossed in some kind of game app on his phone. 

 

Jongdae heaves a dramatically long suffering sigh.

 

"Minseok-ah!" Jongdae whines nuzzling his boyfriend's stomach. 

 

"Yah! Don't do that!" Minseok scolds pinching Jongdae's side. "You made me lose!" 

 

"Out of the twelve of us, who do you think is the best kisser?" Jongdae asks suddenly, ignoring Minseok's glares. 

 

"I--what?" Minseok stutters and looks at Jongdae with his face scrunched up in utter confusion. "Is this like a trick question? Like do you really want to know, or is this just for me to say I think it's you to boost your ego?" Minseok is genuinely confused. Jongdae squawks unattractively, affronted by Minseok's words.  

 

"First of all, rude. I don't need any kind of ego boost. I already know first hand that my kisses make you a flustered mess" Jongdae states with a smirk, "but really, I'm curious. Who do you think might be the best kisser?"

 

"Kyungsoo" Minseok says without any hesitation. "He's got really nice, plump and soft looking lips, and I'm sure he's one of those firm but thorough kissers. You know, the ones that will pin you down, or hold your face while pressing his lips to yours firmly and just kiss the living daylights out of you?" Minseok clears his throat feeling his face flush with color and looks down at Jongdae who is smirking up at him with a raised eyebrow. "You asked!"

 

Minseok rolls his eyes and shoves Jongdae off of him. 

 

"So you say Kyungsoo then, interesting" Jongdae hums and once again finds his spot against Minseok's stomach. 

 

"What about you then?"

 

"I was going to say you" Minseok snorts and looks down at Jongdae who is fiddling with the hem of his shirt, "but, Baekhyun hyung" Jongdae admits looking up at Minseok with a sheepish smile. 

 

Minseok gives him a knowing smirk and laughs when it's  Jongdae's turn to roll his eyes. 

 

"You still like my kisses the best though, right?" Minseok asks leaning down to press his lips to Jongdae's in a soft kiss. He goes to pull away but Jongdae whines and brings up his hands to pull him forward and coaxes his lips to part. 

 

"Well" Jongdae begins after pulling away, "I guess, since I haven't kissed Baekhyun hyung" 

 

He laughs heartily when Minseok once again pushes him off of him, and the bed for that matter. The older boy goes back to his precious game and forgoes paying attention to his whiny boyfriend. 

 

 ✨

 

"Why is Jongdae hyung asking the members who they think is the better kisser of the group?" Tao asks Minseok from his spot on the table. He's having a bowl of cereal when Minseok pads in sleepily into the kitchen to pour himself a cup of coffee. 

 

Jongdae had burst into his room, hopped on his bed and had asked him who he thought was the best kisser in EXO. 

 

"He calls it collecting data, I call it having too much free time" Minseok yawns and Tao giggles slightly. 

 

"Who did you pick, hyung?" Tao asks once Minseok takes a seat across from him. 

 

"Uh, Jongdae of course" Minseok lies his cheeks tinting pink. He clears his throat and takes a long sip from his coffee. 

 

"Liar" Tao says laughing with great mirth, "Jongdae hyung whined all night about how you picked Kyungsoo hyung over him" 

 

"Yeah, well he picked Baekhyun, so we're even" Minseok counters. Tao laughs clapping his hands delightedly at this brand new information, Jongdae hadn't mentioned who he thought was the best kisser. "Who did you pick?" Minseok asks curiously. 

 

"I picked myself, of course" Tao tells him as if it's obvious, which yeah--it is. 

 

"Of course you did" Minseok chuckles. 

 

 

Now, to be fair, and to Jongdae's defense, this whole thing had started out of boredom and stupid curiosity. However, because of his mischievous nature, the whole thing kind of turned into something he wasn't entirely expecting--it was in no way surprising though, the turn out of events. 

 

Besides, if anyone's to blame, it's Minseok. 

 

 

"Are you done collecting data?" Minseok jokes a few days later as Jongdae plops down next to him on his bed. 

 

"Yes!" he exclaims, "can you believe--you, Kris and Baekhyun hyung were the most picked? Kyungsoo and Tao had equal votes" Jongdae reveals. 

 

"Tao would be really upset to hear that" Minseok says off handedly and shaking his head with a chuckle, "he was sure everyone else would pick him. Not to mention, he bet no one would pick Kris"

 

"He did?!" Jongdae laughs looking at Minseok, who in turn nods. 

 

Jongdae gets an idea then, and a wicked smile blooms on his face. 

 

"Interesting"

 

"Yeah--wait, Jongdae no" Minseok warns sitting up. 

 

"What? Don't what? I haven't even done anything!" he says throwing his hands up in defense, but the wicked smirk he's sporting begs to differ. 

 

"I know that look, and nothing good ever comes from it. Whatever you're thinking, stop" Minseok says making him roll his eyes. He sighs and droops his shoulders in fake defeat. 

 

Jongdae did not in fact stop. 

 

 

"So" Jongdae starts off, and Kris quirks a brow at him. "I finished collecting my kissing data. Would you like to know who won the most votes for best kisser?" He asks casually. 

 

He and Kris are in the midst of a Mario Kart race, while some of the members are out playing soccer. Jongdae thought it would be the perfect time to "set things in motion".

 

"No, not really" Kris says in a slightly bored tone. He turns back to the screen and proceeds to drop banana peels all over the race track. 

 

"Really? Because you got a lot of votes" Jongdae tells him in hopes to peak his attention. 

 

"Of course I did" he says, and Jongdae can't say he didn't expect that much. 

 

He should've started off with Tao, he was easier to provoke and he'd probably have barged out of his room and confronted all of the members right then and there. 

 

However, Jongdae really just wanted to stir up some trouble between Kris and Tao--which is why he figured he would try Kris first. The man is quite cocky, and that coupled with that big mouth of his, Jongdae figured he'd get him to say something that he could possibly use to instigate a fight between them. 

 

Now, to anyone who didn't know Jongdae, they'd think he's some kind of sadistic who got off from starting between his friends and fellow members (which okay, maybe he was a little bit, but that isn't the point). The point was, although this whole thing had begun because he was bored, it'd had led him to an amazing opportunity. That which was maybe he could get Kris and Tao to stop with their weird antagonistic flirting, and maybe actually like date or at least a bit closer to that stage of their 'relationship'. 

 

Honestly, Jongdae was just tired of the UST they oozed anytime they were in the same room--which, it was literally every single day. So could anyone really blame Jongdae?

 

"It's funny" Jongdae starts, "Tao swore no one would pick you. He was more than sure he'd be the one with the most votes" he says. 

 

Kris pauses the game and looks at him lifting an eyebrow. 

 

"First of all, Tao is pr

Please log in to read the full chapter