A Jar of Love

A Jar of Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Of all the times she's messed with me, it's pay back time little sister." Chaeyeon grinned mischievously as she placed a glass jar filled with colorful heart-shaped love notes onto her male co-worker's desk. "Hopefully the both of them will finally confess after this." Chaeyeon stood back up to admire the jar when she felt an arm wrapped around her shoulders and she turned to face her other male co-worker, Minhyuk. "What are you doing, Yeon?" He asked with a knowing smile. "Are you playing matchmaker without me, hmm?" "Maybe. Or not." She smirked as Minhyuk pouted. "You know how much I wanted to set them up since I found out Chaewon also liked Hyunwoo a week ago." "Too bad. Won teased me yesterday and so I'm just finally getting her back before everyone else arrives."

"Teased you about what?" Minhyuk asked curiously as Chaeyeon averted his gaze. "Don't worry about it." She then looked at him again. "Why are you here so early?" "I have to prepare the coffee and the refreshments for the meetings today." He then gave her a hard look. "Now, Yeon, don't change the subject. What does Won keep teasing you about, hmm? It must be something juicy." "I said don't worry about it, Hyuk. You don't need to know." She elbowed him away, but Minhyuk held onto Chaeyeon tighter with a laugh as the female tried to get out of his hold. "Tell me, Yeon, tell me!" "No. Now get off of me." "No. Tell me!" "No. You can't keep that big mouth of yours quiet." "That's not true, Chaeyeon." "Yeah it is, Minhyuk." A cough from behind them interrupted their playful bantering.

The duo immediately stopped what they were doing and slowly turned to face another co-worker of theirs. "Oh, hi there, Hoseok. What's up?" Minhyuk greeted the male coolly. "What are you doing here so early?" Hoseok briefly glanced at the duo with his gaze lingering on Chaeyeon's a little longer before directing them back to Minhyuk. "I need to touch up on the notes for the meetings. Mr. Kim wanted me to add some other things he wanted to discuss at the meetings." Hoseok explained then met eyes with Chaeyeon who then immediately averted her gaze elsewhere. "What are you guys doing here so early in the morning? The both of you usually arrived later." His eyes returned to look at Minhyuk. "I'm in charge of preparing the refreshments and coffee this week." Minhyuk explained as he wrapped an arm around Chaeyeon's shoulders to pull her closer to him.

"And Chaeyeon here came to play mat-" "Uh, I came to find the file that Hyunwoo wanted me to work on for this month's sales report." Chaeyeon interjected interrupting Minhyuk as she knew that Hoseok was best friends with Hyunwoo and didn't want the male to know that just in case he blurted it out to Hyunwoo or something. "Haha, yeah, that's it." She looked about on Hyunwoo's desk and grabbed a random manila folder off his desk and held it in her grasp. "Here it is. Okay, bye. Have a great morning, Hoseok." She smiled weakly at Hoseok as she took a hold of Minhyuk's arm from around her shoulder and led him away brushing pass Hoseok. "C'mon, Hyuk, let's go." "Um, okay. Bye, Seok. See you later at the meeting." "Okay, bye guys." He waved at the two a bit puzzled.

Once Chaeyeon and Minhyuk were in the elevators and heading to the floor beneath where Chaeyeon's department was, Minhyuk shot her a knowing look. "What, kid?" She asked the male who smiled even wider. "I think I know now what Chaewon was teasing you about yesterday." "No, you don't." "Oh yes, I do." "No. You. Don't." Chaeyeon glared at the male in hopes he would drop it, but knowing Minhyuk, he wouldn't of course out of his own pleasure. "Oh. Yes. I. Do." He sang before continuing in a normal speaking tone, but there was a twinkle in his eyes. "Does it involve a dark-haired and super muscular looking bunny that we just met a moment ago?" "Shh, shut up!" Chaeyeon hushed him as she flapped the file at his face. "You shut up, Jack Frost, or I'm making sure you get cucumbers in every meal." "You wouldn't dare?" "Wanna try me?"

Minhyuk contemplated on Chaeyeon's threat and shot her a sly look. "I'll take my chances." Chaeyeon groaned. "Don't you dare say anything." Chaeyeon now began smacking Minhyuk with the folder just as the elevator's doors opened revealing two more of their co-workers on the other side. "What did Minhyuk do this time?" The shorter of the two co-workers asked. "I didn't do anything, Kihyun." Minhyuk defended himself before speaking again. "It's just that I finally found out who Chaeyeon has been crushing on-" "No, please don't, Minhyuk. I'll buy you a vanilla latte for the next two months." "Okay." Chaeyeon let out a relieved breath, but widened her eyes as Minhyuk still spilled the beans. "She's been crushing on someone for the past two years."

"You agreed with my bribe of vanilla lattes!" Chaeyeon cried in disbelief as she hit Minhyuk with the manila folder. "Traitor." "Sorry, it just slipped." Minhyuk shrugged although a ghost of a  smile graced his lips. "Oh, you mean Muscle Bunny?" Hyungwon smirked as Chaeyeon stared at the taller male in shock. "I'm right, aren't I?" Hyungwon grinned as Kihyun looked at the male. "Should you really be saying that to her right now?" Hyungwon shrugged with a playful look. "Does it really matter?" "How?" Chaeyeon asked before her jaws dropped in complete disbelief upon realizing the nickname he had called Hoseok by. "You read my diary, Hyungwon?!" Chaeyeon then rushed out of the elevators and ran after Hyungwon who took off immediately upon hearing the words coming out of .

"I'ma kick your face, Hyungwon!" Kihyun and Minhyuk could hear Chaeyeon screaming in the distance with Hyungwon laughing in his response. "If you can actually reach it, Yeon!" "I'll just knock you down and stepped on it instead!" "She's lucky that there's barely anyone here." Kihyun remarked with a smirk as Minhyuk agreed with a loud laugh. "She still has a good hour or so before everyone else shows up." The duo then heard a few crashing sounds and then several groans a moment later. "Let's go see what kind of damage is done." Kihyun threw a thumb in the direction of the noise. "Mr. Kim doesn't want any more incidents with the workers going through for the month." Minhyuk laughed remembering why. "Especially after that disaster with Jooheon and the broken window where he crashed his remote control airplane through it and it hit Changkyun last week." "Yeah, that's exactly why."

~~~~~~~

Chaewon entered Starship and greeted the receptionist with a warm smile while flashing the employee ID in her direction. "Thank you, Miss Lee. Have a good day." "The same to you, too, Seola." Chaewon headed towards the elevator and smiled upon one being free after pressing the button. Once she stepped inside, she immediately pressed the button to close it upon recognizing a face walking towards the same one she was in and she didn't want to see him again this morning. Chaewon believed that luck was on her side this time around as she let out a relieved breath before seeing a hand shooting out to stop the elevator's door from closing. Chaewon watched as Hyunwoo entered the elevator with her while he shot her a slightly annoyed look. "I know you heard me, Won." Chaewon just gave him an aloof look before turning her eyes elsewhere.

Hyunwoo continued to stare at her while Chaewon continued to ignore him while moving a good distance away from the male. "Chaewon, look," Hyunwoo began as Chaewon slightly side-eyed him when he moved closer, but didn't say anything to him. "Um," Hyunwoo trailed off not knowing what to say, but later found himself unable to do so when the elevator's door opened. Chaewon moved away as she noticed the other co-workers filing in causing her back to hit the wall and a second later, Hyunwoo was slightly pushed up against her. "Sorry, Chaewon." Hyunwoo apologized, but Chaewon was too focused on trying not to think of how close their proximity was and didn't hear him speak.

The other co-workers were still filing in into the small space which caused Hyunwoo to turned his body around to face Chaewon while he held out an arm towards the wall near him. "Hyunwoo, what are you doing?" Chaewon asked him with widened eyes as Hyunwoo simply looked at the female. "Making sure that you're alright." "You don't have to. I'm fine." The last of the co-workers finally got inside and the elevator moved up once more, but it had caused the people inside it to shift and Hyunwoo brushed up against Chaewon as she held up her hands to steady herself by placing them onto Hyunwoo's chest unconsciously. She instantly removed her hands from his body and put them back to her side while looking away with a blushing face which caused Hyunwoo to smirk, but he didn't say anything as he glanced away with a slow smile taking over the smirk.

~~~~~~~

Chaeyeon had taken the elevator up two floors above hers to bother her sister who worked in a different department. Upon spotting the younger woman typing away at her desk, Chaeyeon softly made her way over to Chaewon with a secretive smile upon her face. "Hey, little sister." Chaeyeon cooed as Chaewon rolled her eyes upon hearing her sister's voice, but continued to type on and slightly did a head nod that she had actually acknowledged Chaeyeon's presence. "What?" "Oh, nothing really, except that I was curious as to where you had spent the night last night." "Why do you wanna know?" "Because you didn't come home last night, that's why." "So?" "Just asking." Chaeyeon's lips quirked up as Chaewon stopped what she was doing and looked up at her.

"Seriously, what do you want, Yeon?" "Nothing, Won." Chaeyeon shrugged indifferently as she looked around the office area. "I just can't bother my sister who also works here, but on a different floor and department?" "No." Chaewon deadpanned as she resumed her work again as her lips quirked up a moment later. "Shouldn't you be checking out your Muscle Bunny or something?" "It was you." Chaeyeon accused although she had a feeling it was her sister that was the real culprit while speaking in a hush tone. "You're the one that told Hyungwon about that nickname for Hoseok." "What? I don't know what you're talking about." "Liar." Chaewon didn't say anything as Chaeyeon glared at her sister while whispering still. "Because of you, Hyungwon, Minhyuk, and Kihyun know about my crush on Hoseok." "And how is that my fault? It's not that hard to figure out that you like the guy."

Chaeyeon opened to reply back, but someone ended up distracting her by putting an arm around her shoulders. She turned to face her male co-worker, Jooheon. "What do you want?" The male shot her a teasing look. "So, Yeon, rumor has it that you like this dark-haired and super muscular person dubbed Muscle Bunny. Is it true?" "No, it's not." Chaeyeon denied although she was biting the inside of her inner cheek as Chaewon scoffed. "It's true, Heon." "Aha, I knew it." Jooheon grinned as he then put Chaeyeon into a headlock. "Why you always be lying, huh?" "Ugh, get off of me, Heon, and why would you believe her over me, anyways, huh?" Chaeyeon struggled to get out of Jooheon's grip. "The topic concerns me, not Won, Jooheon."

"Because you're always lying. That's why." "Not even." Chaeyeon managed to elbow Jooheon away to let go of her before she was the one that put him into a headlock a moment later. "Stupid brat. How does that feel now?" Jooheon began whining for Chaeyeon to let him go as Chaewon rolled her eyes at their childish behavior while finishing up her report. "You guys are so annoying." She remarked after she hit the print button. "We're at work." "She's right." Hyunwoo interjected from behind them as the trio turned to face him and the others who just got done with their meetings. "We're at work. Stop misbehaving." "I didn't need your help." Chaewon told him as she walked passed him and the others to retrieve her papers with Hyunwoo following after her a second later still trying to talk.

Chaeyeon finally let go of Jooheon and shot a glare in his direction. "Don't you dare say anything or you'll soon find something creeping upon you when you're asleep." Jooheon shuddered, but still shot Chaeyeon a small smile. "I'll try." "No. You will." "If you buy me a stuffed sea elephant and tiger plush doll." "Ugh, fine." "Yes!" "Why do you have to buy him a stuffed animal?" Hoseok asked Chaeyeon while pointing at Minhyuk. "Just like how you'll buy this guy vanilla lattes for the next two months." "Haha, it's nothing, Hoseok. Don't worry about it." Chaeyeon laughed nervously as she rubbed the left side of her neck out of habit before spotting another co-worker in the distance. "Oh, Changkyun! I need to talk to you."

The female hurried away causing the group of four to stare after her. "Why do I feel like I'm missing something?" Hoseok said while looking at his friends again. "It's because you are." Kihyun stated as he swiped the papers from Hoseok's hands. "Why don't you go find out as I take care of these, yeah?" "Or you could just ask us one of us about it." Minhyuk suggested with a smirk while waving a finger between himself and Jooheon. "In exchange for what Yeon had already promised us." "You mean by me buying you guys the vanilla lattes and the stuffed plush toys instead of Chaeyeon doing it, right?" Hoseok asked to confirmed as the duo nodded their heads as Jooheon smiled a little wider with his dimples standing out more. "But I want the sea elephant, the tiger, and a bumblebee now, too." "Why?" "Just cause."

"Anyways, it's about to be lunch in an hour. You can wait until then, Hoseok." Kihyun told the male as he handed him back the papers while looking through his phone. "I have something else that Mr. Kim wants me to take care of." Kihyun then bid the three a goodbye before heading towards the elevators to return to his floor. "Hmm, so what do you want to do, Hoseok?" Minhyuk asked his older co-worker a second later. "Now or later?" "I say now." Jooheon suggested. "I really want those stuffed animals as soon as possible." "Why?" "Just cause." Hoseok rolled his eyes at the younger man's reasoning, but nodded his head. "Alright, I'll do it. I'll buy the lattes and stuffed dolls." He reluctantly gave in as the other two grinned mischievously.

~~~~~~~

"You know, you can't keep ignoring me forever, Chaewon." Hyunwoo reminded her as he continued to follow the female towards the printer room. "We work at the same company and deal with the same people every day." "Oh, I already know that, Hyunwoo." Chaewon replied curtly as she looked for the printer that had her items. "Doesn't mean I actually have to acknowledge you." The male let out a sigh as he watched the female gathered her things before closing the door of the printer room so that no one could disturb them. "What are you doing?" "We need to talk." "No we don't." Chaewon tried to make her way pass him, but Hyunwoo blocked her path as she let out a frustrated sigh. "Fine. Say what you need to say and we can get on with our lives, Hyunwoo."

Hyunwoo inhaled and let out a deep breath. "About this morning," He began as he focused all of his attention onto Chaewon who looked at the papers instead of him. "Those words that I spoke. Well, I didn't actually mean what I s

Please log in to read the full chapter