One-shot | Yoonsic

I'm Going Crazy

 

 

 

                    Im Yoona, a tall feminine girl, and Jessica Jung, a petite blonde girl, is busy playing with the kids at the orphanage. They always visit the orphanage whenever their free time meets since they are a graduating students and are not taking the same courses, their schedule often don't meet. But everytime the opportunity comes, instead of hanging out with each other, they go to the orphanage and spend time with the kids who were abandoned by their parents.

                    "Mavin-ah! Catch the ball!" Yoona said throwing the ball to Mavin, one of the orphans.

                    "Ah! Noona! You threw it so high." Mavin complains but soon chased after the ball before Kyungsan reaches the ball.

                    "Mavin! Here!" Mavin's brother Maden, shouted and was welcomed by a ball hit him in the face.

                    "Maden! Are you alright?" Yoona went to Maden's side and brought her inside. Kyungsan suddenly appeared with an ice in his hands. Yoona smiled and grabbed the ice on Kyungsan's hand and placed it on Maden's forehead.

                    Cho Kyungsan is Yoona's favorite kid at the orphanage. Kyungsan was left by her mom outside the orphanage when he was just 9 months old. Now that he is 4 years old, he is super close to Yoona since he is also looks like Yoona's little brother that is living with her parents outside Seoul. Yoona decided to be independent and earn money for herself since she does not want to bother her parents with their salaries though it is enough for their daily needs, her little brother and her college tuition. They still send her money through her card but Yoona just spends it whenever she's in need. Her parents atleast offered her a Condo unit so they know where will they visit their daugther whenever they wanted to see her which Yoona freely accepted and even now they visit her once in a while. She works at a restaurant near her school that happens to be that her Auntie is the owner. She works as the chef since she is good at cooking. But when the restaurant is in need of waiter or waitresses she help them serve food. Her auntie is even more worried Yoona did the cooking, served foods and even went to deliver ordered foods from far places and coming back to cook and serve again. Her auntie told her to stop for a while and continue after a minute but she insister. The restaurant that time is full-house and resting is not going to help the waiter, waitress, and chef. But look how her hardwork made her. She's almost graduating and she did that herself. She started when she was 1st year college up until now, she didn't stop helping her auntie's restaurant which also gained a lot of branches all around Korea. It is where Yoona save money to to help the kids and that made her one of the biggest donors on the orphanage.

                    

 

                    "Unnie, I want Barbie to have a pink dress." Lauren said and took of her doll's dress and put the pink dress she wanted.

                    "Unnie wanted this doll to have a Yellow dress and we will name her Belle." Jessica said and gave Lauren the Barbie doll with Yellow dress.

                    On the other hand, Jessica loves Lauren. She is a Canadian-Korean, the same as Jessica who is American-Korean. She sometimes bring her out to explore Seoul and teach her korean. Now Lauren's korean is great and it is a big thanks for her Unnie Jessica who takes care of her like her little sister. The orphanage let her take Lauren to wherever she want because they trust her that she will take care of the child and will bring her back safe and sound. But unlike Yoona, Jessica is living with her parents here in Seoul but they are always busy at work so she is left to their house together with her younger sister Krystal. Jessica sometimes brings Krystal together with her at the orphanage but the girl is not fond of kids so she ignores them and give them deathly stare. Jessica shook her head on the scene and never brought Krystal with her. She has a competition with Yoona which deals with the money they can give for the orphanage. Every month, they approach the orphanage about the amount of money they gave and who ever offers the least amount will treat the other party to whatever they wanted.

                   

 

                    It's been a long but greatful day and the two ladies decided to go and leave. 

                   "Bye, babies!"

                   "I'm not a baby anymore, Yoona noona." Yoogeun complained.

                   Yoona carried him and ruffled his hair.

                   "Take care of your younger and older sisters and brothers, Yoogeun ah. Noona count on you."

                   Yoona smiled and released Yoogeun. This kid is the naughtiest yet lovable kid Yoona and Jessica had known throughout their journey at the orphanage. He is just 4 years old but he does not want to be called a child but a man instead. He also give problems to Mrs. Kim, who is one of the staff of the orphanage who also grew up as an orphan, but soon will apologize and cuddle with her. He takes care of her younger co-orphans, he stops the bullies which are the sons and daughter of the donors who tries to hurt them. He is a brave little kid that's why many families wanted to adopt him. But he's so picky. Out of 5 families who wanted to adopt him all of them got rejected by Yoogeun. He either go upstairs to their room and lock the door or hide at the garden until the parents who wanted to adopt him will give up and adopt anyone else.

                   "Yes, Noona." Yoogeun then hugged Yoona.

                   "So we have to go now. Let's meet each other next time. Jalgaa!"

                   Jessica and Yoona bid goodbye and went straight to Yoona's car. Jessica didn't bring her car with her because Yoona fetched her on their house a while ago.

                   "You want to go home now?" Yoona asked once they we're settled inside the car.

                   "I don't know. It's been a long time since our free time had the same day. Maybe we can go somewhere before going home." Jessica answered while buckling her seatbelt.

                   "I don't have any place at mind, right now."

                   "Same here."

                   There was a long pause before Yoona started the engine.

                   "I guess we should head home now." Yoona said and stepped at the pedal.

                   *Beep*

                   A text message arrived at Jessica's phone. The latter reached for her pocket and opened the message.

                   "Yoona let's go to my friend's house first. They wanted to meet me there."

                   "Tonight? Can they just meet you tomorrow? It's getting late."

                   "Maybe they have something to tell me personally. Go right there."

                   Jessica said and Yoona just obeyed and turned right at the intersection.

 

 

 

 

                   "Hi Jessi!"

                   Jessica went out of the car and was welcomed by her friends.

                   "What do you guys want?"

                   "Are you with someone? Bring her inside. It's cold here."

                   "Wait."

                   Jessica went at the driver seat and knocked at Yoona's window.

                   "My friends wanted you to go inside. I will introduce them to you."

                    "Is it okay?"

                   "They would not invite you if it's not."

                   Yoona shook her head at Jessica's statement before unbuckling her seatbelt and went out of the car. She locked her car first before going inside with Jessica and her friends.

 

                   As usual, since Yoona does not know Jessica's friends she just sat their drinking the juice offered by them and smiles whenever Jessica's friends mentions her name for fun.

                   "Are you okay there, Yoona?" One of them asked where she responded with a nod.

                   "Do you need something? Don't be shy to tell us."

                   "Nothing. Don't worry." Yoona said and again flashed a smile.

                   A few minutes had passed when someone knocked at the door. All of them turned their head at the door, only Yoona didn't who is still fidgeting with her bare hands.

                   "Yuri's here."

                   Yuri went inside and joined them at drinking didn't notice that there's an unfamiliar figure she does not know.

                   "Oh, did you guys hired a new member? Hey there buddy?"

                   "Hi."

                   While the others are busy chatting Yuri sat beside Yoona.

                   "Nice to meet you, what brought you here?"

                   "I don't know, I'm Jessica's friend."

                   "Oh, are you here to fetch her?"

                   "Actually I came here with her from somewhere."

                   "Oh, you guys are on a date."

                   "No. We're friends."

                   "I know you actually. She's talking a lot about you."

                   "Re--"

                   "BEFORE!"

                   "Uhm--"

                   "Enjoy yourself buddy. This will last until midnight."

                   "Th-thank you?"

                   Yoona awkwardly said while confused about how the girl treated her. She then saw Yuri sat with Jessica and her friends. Chatting and laughing with each other. She glance at her phone's clock and sees it's almost midnight. She was about to text her mom when she saw something at her peripheral view. She looked back and mouthed to Jessica, "Are you staying here?" but Jessica does not understand her. She does not want to interrupt their conversation because she's shy and their attention will turn to her once she start talking with loud voices. She once again asked. "Are you staying here for the night?" but Jessica still does not understand. One of her friends then started to play some loud music so the small house became a bar. She's somewhat comfortable yet worried on what might happened to Jessica so she stayed for a few more minutes thinking that Jessica will think of going home but shook her head when Jessica is still enjoying herself. She then looked back and saw a hand circled around Jessica's shoulder. She can't see who was it because one of her friends, Tiffany by what she heard the name is, is busy dancing in front of her sight blocking the girl beside Jessica. She move aside and saw the girl who talked to her with the name of Yuri. She was shocked but since the house is dark and only the party lights are open, it was not visible. She tried to get Jessica attention and succeed at first try. She mouthed, "Is she your girlfriend?" but once again, Jessica didn't understand a thing. Yoona stood up from her seat and went to where Jessica is. Seeing Yoona coming to her, she went closer to let Yoona whisper to her ear. 

                   "Is she your girlfriend?" Yoona whispered.

                   Since Yuri is busy drinking and chatting with her friends, she didn't notice Jessica is talking to someone not until Jessica leans back to her arm and rested her head to her shoulder. Yuri turns her head to Jessica who flashed a smile and nods afterwards. Her attention turns to Yoona who is smiling a little and is nodding her head as well.

                   "What is happening?" she asked the two. Before Jessica could speak, Yoona beats her first.

                   "I was just saying goodbye to Jessica cause I'll keep going now." Yoona said putting her glass at the table and left.

                   "What's with her?" Yuri asked Jessica but she replied with a shrug and they continue partying.

 

 

                   While outside, at the same time she went out of the house and close the door her tears fell down. She didn't expect it. She didn't know how to react. It was a sudden revelation but Jessica feels so calm and happy. Maybe she's done. Maybe she's fine. Maybe it's time to face the reality and stop imagining things. She's with someone, someone who occupied the space she wanted to occupy but is too sheepish to confess. With heavy heart, Yoona slowly went to her car, open the engine and eyed the house. She closed her eyes, tears still falling down, she let her head fall to the steering wheel that cause her horn to honk. Jessica went out of the house, run to Yoona's car leaving Yuri standing at the doorway.

                   "Yoona!" Tho it is not that visible to hear someone calling you from outside, that made Yoona to raise her head and look at her window only to see a worried Jessica. Jessica walked at the other side of the car but Yoona quickly locked the door and held the steer. "Open the door, Yoona!" But Yoona didn't move an inch. She is tightly holding at the wheel, foot ready to press the acceleration. "Yoona, open the door." Jessica calmly stated. But without hesitation, Yoona pressed the pedal and left Jessica being slightly dragged by the car. Yuri who is coming towards Jessica hugs her and draw circles on her back.

                   "Let's go inside for now. Don't cry, okay?" She said and guided Jessica inside.

 

 

 

 

                   Yoona drives and drives and drives until she reached her building. She passes through the people greeting her and went straight at the elevator. She went inside her room as soon as she reached her unit. She's tired. Tired at school. Tired at the orphanage. Tired of her life. She didn't cry yet her inside is broken. She does not know why. She does not even have the reason to react on it but she just did. She opened her phone and checked the time. It's almost 3am, her eyes is feeling heavy as well, her body is getting weak. "I just go to sleep." She mumbled to herself. She took off her shoes and drifted to sleep with just a minute of closing her eyes.

 

                   Heavy sunlight awake Yoona from her deep sleep. She checked her phone. It's still early. She tried going to sleep but she keeps on remembering something. Just when she looked at what she's wearing she was in shocked. "What just happened? I remem--" Her eyes went big. "Oh my god." She is going crazy. ruffling her hair and rolling through her bed. Suddenly, her phone rang.

                   "Yoona, honey?"

                   "Yes, mom?"

                   "Are you free today?"

                   "I think so. I don't have class this saturday. Why is that mom?"

                   "I just wanted you to visit us here. We missed you."

                   "Alright mom. Be right there this afternoon, I'm going to eat lunch there. Bye."

                   "I would love to cook for you, honey. I'll be waiting. Take care."

                   And her mom hang up. But Yoona is still in shock. She went to her Messenger application and search for a familiar name. Jessica Jung. But the account is deactivated. She knows this girl is deactivating her account so her notification will not be flooded. So she search for the other account this Jessica Jung has been using and sent a message. She went to take a shower and texted a friend to meet her for breakfast.

                   *Beep*

                   "I'm on my way, giraffe. See you."

                   With that, Yoona went to get her sling back and left her condo.

 

 

                   Yoona is already at a cafe near her place with her friend, Taeyeon. A nurse at the Seoul Hospital, her shift is midnight so gladly Yoona invited her for breakfast not dinner cause she's surely can't come when it happened to be the opposite.

                   "Do you remember the girl I'm mentioning a while back?"

                   "Hmm. I think so, I can't remember. Why?"

                   They are drinking a coffee treat by Yoona since she wanted someone to talk with what just happened. They are sipping their coffee while having their conversation just like a businessmans talking about their plans seriosly.

                   "The girl I told you I have a crush with."

                   Taeyeon didn't answer. There is no one appearing on her mind. As in, no one.
                   "Oh my god, Taengoo. I'm now thinking if you even pay attention whenever I tell you a story about the things happening to me."

                   "Just continue your story, maybe I can reognize her soon."

                   So Yoona, started to tell her the story and Taeyeon as well has hang agape when Yoona was done talking.

                   "Wait, so it didn't happen?"

                   "Though, it felt so real, it is not what I thought it is, Tae."

                   "Omo! Why does I feel like it hurts so much."

                   "I even think that way. It's super heart broken if it really happened."

                   They both sipped their coffees and Yoona started again.

                   "She's my ex that's why I'm super affected."

                   "AH! I know her! I remember her!"

                   "Didn't you?"

                   "Yes!"

                   "She even told me she misses us so that gave me a confidence to try to get her again. But that dream. Oh my god. Until now, I don't know what to do. I wanted to ask her if she already have a boyfriend or a girlfriend so I can stop early but I can't contact her."

                   Taeyeon eyed her friend.

                   "Why did I even deleted her number. Aish."

                   Yoona frustratedly crossed her arms.

                   "Just wait for her, maybe she's just busy since she just encounter how hard and why third year college is called a Hell year."

                   "Ahh! I don't know!"

                   After talking about Yoona's dream and their life, they bid goodbye since, Taeyeon needed to rest so she can stay awake during her shift and Yoona is going to see her parents and younger brother. She went back to her condo unit to get her bag and proceed to her car to Daegu. Her dream hasn't erase through her mind until now. She does not even know why she remember every detail tell it to Taeyeon. Because normally a dream is a film inside your head but when you wake up you will eventually forget about it but in her case she didn't. She remember every single and little detail that happened. From the move of the hand, the body or even the kids she played with. "This is making me crazzyyy!" She said while waiting for the light to turn green. 

 

 

-

 

 

PS. The kids are from Hello Baby, from Season 1 to the last Season. This is actually based on the author's experience. I really dreamt something like this, tho it is not that exact, but the scenes and situation are all the same. I just inserted some scenes but I actually went crazy for a few days after I gained myself back lol. Hope you guys enjoyed this. ^_^ Let's see each other for my next fic. :)