The First Meeting

Our Happy Time

Happy Reading


Miyoung sighed for the nth time. She looked at her wristwatch and realize that she is late. She bet her aunty had already wait her at the gate, ready to scold her. Well,it was not her fault-even if it was. The traffic at this hour was always horrible. She massaged her nose bridge.

‘I hate morning’

……..

It turned out that her bet was true. She could see her aunt standing near the gate of the Asylum. She already prepared her apology words when she was in the car. She approached her aunty with a box of cigarette in her hand.

“Hey, Aunty. I am sorry I am late. You know the traffic at this hour”, Miyoung took out one cigarette and took a lighter out of her purse. She lit up her cigarette and saw her aunty’s expression.

“Hey, Aunty. I already said sorry. Why are you so qui-“, Her Aunty snacthed her cigarette from her hand and throw it to the ground.

“When are you going to change?! It’s alredy past ten and I don’t know if we can still visit her at this hour. You shouldn’t take things easy. Make an effort please”

“Oh hey miss Lee!”, a guy wearing white sweater and dark blue pants approached them. Miyoung silently thanks him for saving her from her aunty’s wrath.

“Oh, Officer Park. How are you and how is she doing?”

The guy,Officer Park, scratched his neck with a smile, “I am fine. And she is fine too. Oh, I almost forgot. She wants to meet you right now”

Miyoung’s aunty’s eyes widened “Really?!”

And like that, Her aunty go inside the building with Officer Park. Leaving Miyoung to follow them with a heavy steps.

……….

“Please come in”, Officer Park opened a door, which Miyoung guess was a room for inmate to see their visitor*I don’t know what’s the name*. “ You can sit there first. I will get her”, and that leave Miyoung and her aunty alone.

Silence fill the room. But it was not an uncomfortable one. They sat at the chairs in that room and waited for Officer Park to come back . Miyoung couldn’t deny that she was curious about this inmate. Morever it was a woman. And this woman had killed three people at the same time.

Around five minutes later, the door opened. Showing Officer Park with a black haired woman behind him. She had her hands handcuffed. Miyoung couldn’t deny that this woman was attractive. Her height was around Miyoung’s. But Miyoung started to doubting her age when she saw her face. Then again, if she was a kid,teenager at least, she she wouldn’t be here.

“So Tae, here she is. You wanted to see her right?” Officer Park lightly push the inmate’s back so she could be closer to Miyoung’s aunt.

“Ah, Taeyeon. Before anything, meet my niece Hwang Miyoung”

When she heard her name being mention, Miyoung looked at the inmate and bow slightly. She could saw that Taeyeon stared at her with her cold eyes. Taeyeon didn’t say anything tough.

To save the awkwardness, Miyoung’s aunty coughed slightly,

“Ehm, I am glad you finally want to see me, Taeyeon. I’ve looked forward to it. Oh, yesterday I came to an orphanage, and a kid draw this for you”, Miyoung’s aunty took out a piece of folded paper and gave it to Taeyeon. But the latter only eyed the paper, uninterested.

Officer Park take the folded paper from Miyoung’s aunty and opened it, “Look, Tae. It’s cute isn’t it?”

Taeyeon didn’t say a word, “At least look at it Tae. The kid made an effort to draw this for you”

Taeyeon still didn’t budge. It was e few seconds of silence until Taeyeon speak,

“Listen Miss Lee. I came here to tell you that you don’t need to do these thing anymore. I don’t need it. And it definitely don’t make any benefit to me. So stop it”

It was was the first time Miyoung hear her voice. It was cold, yes. But there  was something in there that made her wanted to hear more of it.

“W-what?”

“Stop. It. I don’t need your pity”

“But I didn’t pity you, I-“, Her aunt’s words was cut by Tayeon’s chuckle.

“I know you didn’t do it with your heart. I have met a few before you. They are ust a sweet liar. They do something like you; sending letter, talking to me. But when I approached them and held their hands, they have this expression on their face”

Then Taeyeon walked to Miyoung’s aunt slowly, and by every step she took, Miyoung’s aunt took one step back until her back touched the wall. She has a panic expression on her face. Until suddenly, she raised her fist and aimed it at her aunt.

A loud bang heard. Taeyeon looked at the woman in front of her with a smirk, “ Right, that’s the face. Terrified. Disgusted. Make me wanted to kill them”

Officer park step forward and take Taeyeon’s arm. Pulled her so she can give Miyoung’s aunt a space. While the latter still has the terrified face, “T-Tae, you shouldn’t do that you know”

Taeyeon snorted.

“Take me to my cell. I don’t want to see her again”, Taeyeon said to Officer Park.

“A-alright. Miss Lee, I am sorry for this. Tae must be have a hard time. Maybe it will be better if you go home. I will take taeyeon to her cell. Once again, I am sorry Miss Lee”, Officer Park said to the woman with an uneasy smile.

“I-it’s okay, Officer”, the oldest woman reply with shaken voice. Then the officer turn to Miyoung, “I am sorry for what happened, Miss Hwang. And it is nice to meet you”

Officer Park then guide Taeyeon to her cell. When he opened the door, a voice stopped him.

“Why?”

That made three heads turned to Miyoung’s direction, yet only one pair of eyes that locked eyes with her.

“Why did you kill them?”

The pair of eyes that locked with her widened. Her body started to shaken and it didn’t take long to made her body fell knee first. Her handcuffed hands help her to steady her body.

“..rry..sorry…I am sorry”

Officer Park squated beside her, “T-Tae”

“I am sorry… I am sorry”, Miyoung stared at the broken woman in front of her. It was hard to believe that the woman was like this. She looked so fragile.

Then, Officer Park said, “Miss Hwang, you shouldn’t do that”

“I-I am sorry. I didn’t know that-“, the officer cut her

“It’s okay. Ust, never ask that question again. I will take her to her cell”

Officer Park then hold Taeyeon’s shoulder and helped her to stand. With that, the two left the room.

Miyoung stood there, and looked at the floor she floor. She didn’t know why she felt guilty. She looked at the drawn paper on the floor and took it. Without a second thought she ran to cacth the two.

“Wait!”

That word made the two person in front of her stopped and turned their head.

“I-I am sorry but please accept this. The kid had made an effort. Keep it please”, She didn’t know why she did that. She didn’t even care about an effort before. But she has a hunch that her to do this.

The inmate took it, made Miyoung and the officer surprised, and said.

“Next Saturday, at 10 a.m. Don’t be late”

And that made Miyoung stunned.


So that's for today.

Please, give me your comment.

I am going to sleep now...........................