Fin.

Always By Your Side (10th Anniversary Special)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her slim fingers ran through the fabric of the seats around her as her legs rested on the row of seats in front of her. There wasn’t much light except the emergency light in the corner that faintly illuminated the big hall, however, it was enough for Taeyeon. No soul was there except her, what did she expect after all? It was 2 AM for god’s sake.

She looked ahead and stared at the luxurious stage. Despite the fact that the stage was nothing like it was a decade ago – there weren’t even seats to begin with – it’s still the same stage that first introduced their faces to the public, their debut stage. This place was one of her favorite places where she just sits there and reflects on whatever is eating up her thoughts.

It was all so surreal to her in all honesty. It felt like it was just yesterday where anxiousness was filling up their minds yet they were trying to conceal their worries by smiling at each other and joking around, hoping to ease the tension and the nerve-racking fact that this stage is probably the most important stage in their entire career that is about to be born. Then again, she still remembers their happy tears and squeals as they all hugged after they finished their first stage successfully.

However, ten years have somehow passed by and now the whole industry has changed. She couldn’t help but notice how fiercer the competition between idol groups has become. It somehow disappointed her to see how the meaning of becoming an idol drastically changed – she wasn’t sure if it changed for the better or the worse.

Taeyeon sighed and slightly shook her head to let those troubling thoughts fade away, it was the last thing she needed. After all, today was their 10th anniversary and she’s supposed to be happy.

Suddenly, the sound of the fans cheering for them a decade ago echoed in her ears as she chuckled. How can she ever forget? She remembers every sound from that night, starting from the fans cheering to their own singing voices to the producers back stage running around trying to ensure everything was going perfectly. However, it was the chorus of their debut song that most stood out to her.

“I love you, just like this. The longed end of wandering.

I leave behind this world’s unending sadness.

Walking the many and unknowable paths, I follow a dim light.

It’s something we’ll do together until the end,

into the new world.”

Her faint singing was cut short when another voice intruded, “You’re doing it again.”

Taeyeon turned her head to the figure that entered through the door and was now removing he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter