Done

A living masterpiece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The heat pressed against his skin. Making small droplets of sweat fall from his forehead. He loved his job. He loved everything about it. The customers, the break time, the free food. He even loved it when nothing was happening and he could just sit and draw behind the counter.

He almost always came home with a drawing of something. Most of the time it was a flower or a Moomin drawing. Today customers fled in and out. Willing to pay anything for something cold to cool them down. Renjun was sure they got far over the daily goal.

He took a free fruit smoothie home. Walking slowly to not sweat too much. Enjoying the view of kids running around the street. Dogs barking and playing. Teens like him either hiding from the sun to not burn, or laying in it to get tanned. Smiling at everybody he passed. Renjun loved his small town. He loved the people in it, but he was lonely sometimes. His friends were all at out in the world studying. He could have done the same, but he knew his life was in this town. Walking to work every day. Knowing all his neighbours on a first name basis.

"Hey Renjun." His neighbour Taeyong waved at him. He too was somebody who stayed in the town when all his friends left to study. The only difference between them; Taeyong was moving to his boyfriend in a month. He waved back heading into his house. His father bought it for him when he and his mother moved back to China a year ago. His younger brother not learning Chinese while living in Korea. He didn't mind living on his own. He loved it just as much as every other part of his life. He loved how he could sleep all night without his brother waking him. How he could make food he likes.

Normally Renjun would go straight to the living room to watch TV, but he felt different today. He wanted to do something he had never done before. He wanted to draw all day. He had drawn all day before, but never in the way he wanted. He wanted to draw his ideal type.

He started with the head shape. He tried the standards. Heart shaped, oval, round, but none of them worked. He wanted something else. He didn't care what shape it was. He wanted his ideal type to be cute. Going for a slight v shaped face with touches of round details. Smiling at the shape he quickly makes a cross across the face, to see better where everything is going to be placed.

He started with the mouth after thinking for a while. Drawing a big smile. Then the eyes. Sparkly and happy. Nose cute and perfect. Cheeks puffy and adorable. He drew eyebrows too. Making the cute boy even cuter. Hair and body took a long time. He tried to envision how tall he would want him to be. Going with a little shorter than him. Writing it on the side 171 cm. He himself was only 173 cm. It wouldn't be much of a difference, but it was a little.

He gave him wavy black hair. Covering his forehead. Some final touches here and there he was happy with it. Only making a personality for him left. He wanted him to fill in the empty space in his life. Making him energetic. He wanted his quiet life to have more noise. Making him loud. Cute, nice, helpful, talented. All personality choices he took for him.

After a while the entire character arc was finished. He tried to be happy with it, but he couldn't. Something was missing. He thought for a long time. Thinking about the boy in front of him being real. How he would only need to call his name to have something to do. His name? He hadn't given the boy a name. Again, he thought. He had made the boy Chinese like him. He had to give him a Chinese name.

Zhong Chenle was his name. His ideal type will be called Zhong Chenle.

He hung the drawing up on the wall. Smiling to himself as he looked at it. He was proud of this one. He fit quite well with the other drawings around him. There were flowers everywhere. From roses to his favourite, forget-me-not’s. He looked like a prince.

Looking at the time his heart jumped. It was 1AM. He never stays up this late. Even on his days off, and tomorrow he had work at 7. He hurriedly makes himself ready for bed. Forgetting everything about the drawing watching over him as he sleeps.

 

There was light coming through the curtains. His sheets hugging him. Arm's holding him around the waist. There was a strong smell of flowers. As if he had hundreds of them in his room. Wait? Arms? Renjun's heart sped up as he turned around. Looking at the boy beside him. He looked familiar. His face, his height, his hair. Everything about him was familiar and perfect. It was the boy he drew yesterday.

Renjun was sure he was dreaming still. Trying to pinch himself to wake up, but it didn't work. The arms around him were thin and perfect. He couldn't make himself go out if their grips. Instead he looked around the room. Seeing flowers everywhere. On the floor, in his bed, by the window. They were everywhere. As if he had to say sorry to an angry girlfriend.

"Was I drunk yesterday?" It was a stupid question to ask himself. Renjun had never tasted alcohol at all. He was too young for it anyway. Neither did he feel sick.

"No, you weren't." Renjun shrieked at the voice. It was magical. Just like he had imagined the boy would speak. He looked at him. His eyes were still closed, but he looked awake.

"You..."

"Yes, I'm real. Yes, you made me." He finally opened his eyes. Warm chocolate eyes meeting dark brown ones. Renjun's heart sped up in a different way this time than earlier. The boy in front of him was perfect. "Can't we sleep a little longer." Maybe not perfect.

"I have work. We have to deal with this later." He felt the arms around him retreat to under the sheets. Leaving him feeling cold. He wanted to make him wrap them around him again, but he was able to hold back.

Renjun had never felt so self-conscious in his life. The boy walking beside him was perfect. While here he was in boxers, hair messy and drool all over his face.

"I'm Chenle by the way."

"I know." He looked down on the ground with a smile. Chenle was real. His bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter