Chapter 7

Love Is Redder Than A Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi pov

Today is the day I’m being the waiter again . I pouted since It really hard to entertain the customer especially when the girl was surrounding me while pinch my cheek too hard . Now my cheek look redder than a sun . I am chuckle to the words ‘Redder than the sun’ as if it was too hyperbolic words . Too Red . I rub my cheek . It was painful and numb . I don’t know why the girl was laughing at me .

Weird .

That’s all I can say . The girl like – no I mean loved to pinch my cheek!

I look at Moonbyul Hyung who is now laughing really hard at me . I just decided to send him my goodness glare to him . As for now , the customer is not really a lot since we already near to closed our restaurant . Moonbyul hyung from the cashier counter come to me . He was laughing really hard while his right hand pointing at me and his left hand clung his stomach.

“Why are you laughing Hyung! “ I make my pissed of face . My eyes look sharp at him .

“Of course . Look at your red cheek . now it swollen like a bread! “ he just continue his laughing .

I just pouting while rubbing my cheek as I thought it can ease my pain and numb on the cheek .

But then the group of girl looking at Moonbyul Hyung . Now I am smirk because I have the thought that he going to get what The girl did to me too . The group of girl them smirking as two of them make their way beside Moonbyul hyung .

Moonbyul Hyung wided his eye and the the other girl pinching his cheek too .

“Aigooo , So cute!  “

“That hamster cheek!”

“So fluffy”

Then I make my way away from the scene since I was afraid that they will do the same to me too again .

I go to the kitchen . I decided to help my mom to clean the dishes . There is a lot of plate was unclean inside the sink . After more than 20 plate I have clean I was done doing my work . I walked out from the kitchen . Now it is time for me sweeping the floor and also pick up the plastic chair and arrange it beside the door .

Now , Moonbyul hyung was counting the money and taking a noted of if . He also need to check what ingredient that already finished because he had to buy it tomorrow morning with the money we have . While mom was cleaning the kitchen , sweeping and also do some work around the kitchen .

That is how we work together .

 

 

 

“Aumm Finally we were home” i said cheerfully . I lay myself on the couch . I relieve my tired sighed loudly . Mom just step up inside the house . She is locking the door carefully she then look at me while smilling . She then patting my head twice . “You have done alot Seul-ah” she said .

I just nodded my head . She then walk her way to her room .

I then decided to look up to my phone . I fished out my phone that i was kept inside my right pocket in my khaki Jean .

I can see that there is alot of notification from twitter but I don’t bother to open it . I know it just about Irene or Redvelvet or maybe my ‘some’ admire .

I look at the message that was sent to me . It mostly from my co-worker in my reporter company . they said boss want me to work back with them but I just said I need my rest and also I didn’t want to break Irene heart anymore .

I don’t want to make her angry with me .

Yes I love to but deep in my heart I love her so much .

I scrolling the twitter . Then i saw the tweet about “Irene favourite song is candy. Omg i’m going to like it too”

And it remind me of our childhood together .

 

And become sadder as I looking back the memories .

 

 

Flashback 12 years ago

 

“Yah gom! Come here! You fat kid! How can you steal my candy ! “ A eleven year old kid was chasing the 8 years old fat kid . The kid having the brightest smile on his face as he was running away .

Tsk that was me .

“*merong* Joohyun can’t chase me “ The chubby fat boy running . His laugh can be heard by the whole playground .

“I don’t want to be friend with you anymore if you don’t stop , Gom” The girl stop chasing the boy . instead she clung her arm around her chest .  It was signal for me to stop running and come to her . But of course I need to more .

“Really ?” I stop running . I look at her with smirk .

“but noona I already eaten all of  the candy “ I said while making a questioning look as my expression . I shove the candy into my mouth . I lied .

Joohyun look at me as I saw a frown on her face . I don’t really eat all of her candy . I just keeping some of it inside my pocket .

“really?” she look at me carefully .

I just nodded my head innoncently  . I can see she was sighing and a pout can be seen .

“You’re so mean . I hate you! “ she continue . “I bought it for myself using my own money ... and now you eat it all alone!” she shove me until I fell down into the ground . It hurt my to be honest .

She then running away from me . I can see a tear coner on her right eyes . She then make her way to the tube slide in the playground . “Joohyun Noona wait!” I said as I breathless running to chasing her .  “Don’t chase me! I hate you such filthy fat kid!” she shouting at me .

I know she so harsh to me but I already used to it .

 

She then crying inside the slide tube all alone . Others kid decided not to play there anymore because Joohyun was there  .They all scared of her so much , they said she look like a bad girl . But I think they just misunderstood her , she just rarely smilling .

 

“Noona , i’m sorry .” I try to comforting her . I decided to come inside the tube slide too . But then as she embrassed  wasting her tears infront of me , she climbing to above more from me . She know it hard for a fat kid like me to climb the tube . But I try hard to climb until I can face her .

“what are you doing here?! Get out! “ she trying to push me . But I just hold her leg before I fell out from the tube .

“Joohyun Noona! I’m sorry , ulgima (Don’t cry)”  I said as I crying too while looking at her like this . She look so fragile . “The candy is here! I still keeping it some for  you!” i said . “Look!” i said as i try to give her a full palm of candy in my hand . She then pull me up to make me sit beside her . She then look at me . She scanning the candy . A smile that I love the most appear on her lip  .   I have never seen a smillig face that was not beautiful in her face .

And then she quickly unwrapped the candy and quickly eat it . “Finally! My craving was statiesfied!” she said . She happily eating her candy , I just look at her . I  am happy that she was happily eating . Her tears was still on her face so I decided to wiped her tears .

I shove my hand slowly to rub her tears away from her cheek . “Noona , you are so beautiful smilling like this “ I said . Suddenly her face turning red as tomatoes  . But try to hide it from me . I just chuckle at her action . She then shift her attention to me .

“ Look  the chubby boy here smilling, You’re so cute gom ! “ she then pinching my cheek .

While she was eating her candy , I decided to ask her “why are you craving for a candy so much? I can buy you “ I then show her how much I can buy a candy for her “candy Thissssss muchhhhh” I open my arm as I imitated a mountain .

She then chuckle .

But then a frown was write on her face . “Umma doesn’t let me eat any candy anymore . Since she said I used to eat it alot . And she doesn’t want my teeth to be bad . “ she complaining while looking at me . She was sighing .

“Why not?” i asking her again . “Hurm because she want me to be Idol! Which is i don’t want to! I want to be announcer “ she said as she keep on chewing the candy .

“well Idol  suit you too ! You’re beautiful Joohyun noona ” I said . I tried to comforting her . I can see that her frown brow turn into cheerful back .

“how about you? What do you want to be when you already adult?” she asking me . The question kinda hard for me since I never ever know what I want to be.

All I know I want to be there When Joohyun noona need me . I smile at that thought .

“I want to be your hero!” I said with my cheerful smile on my face . She then look at me as shocked . She wided her eyes but then she gives me her warm smile . A blush tinted on her cheek .

She then hug me and kiss my cheek .

“It is beyond my expectation ” she said .  I blush .  That is my promise to you Joohyun Noona!

 

 

But after that day , I can’t find you . I try to make lies to myself that you’re sick that why you don’t come to school and play with me anymore .

A day turn into a week , a week turn into a month and a month turn into a year .

All I know , you already leaving me .

All I know you already leave Daegu .

All I know you already go to Seoul .

All I know I was alone here with my hyung .

 

I cry everyday . I was waiting for you . I try to search you everywhere but I still can’t find you .

My first friend left me .

Nobody can comfort me , but I just blame myself . I thought we were good when i give you back your candy? Does you doesn’t want to be friend with me?

 

After 4 years , Daddy died and that when I know myself . After he died the company in trouble and lastly we were bankrupt so hard . We have a lot of loan that we need to pay .And the secret about , I was adopted , uncovered  . But I just pleased with everything .

Basically  I was left alone since I was born?

So this is not a big deal eventho I did felt sorry for daddy or Mr. Moon left .

So I just started my new life by being a selfless to anyone that taking care of me  . I started to be independent . I do everything by myself without hyung and Mom helping me . That is the time I eating become lessen .

About Joohyun , I can’t quickly forget about her , because I am still in the same place , Daegu  , even when the page of the calendar turns every year .

I become everyone friend but no one can enter my life easily like Joohyun Noona .

I taking care my body

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter