one

Something Just Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are we always hanging out at my house?” Taehyung pouts while stepping aside from the front door, allowing his friends to enter his home.

I can’t help laughing lightly and placing my hand on his shoulder as I pass him. “Because your backyard is the only one with a tent, pool, and fairy lights in it.”

“You know, you should be happy we come at all.” Jennie states simply. She heads straight to Yoongi who's seated comfortably on Taehyung's lovechair. She takes her spot on Yoongi's lap and wraps an arm around his shoulders, leaving a smirking Yoongi very satisfied.

“I should be happy you guys take advantage of me?”

“Oppa~ Just this once, alright?” Lisa says, placing her chin on Taehyung’s shoulder, unleashing her deadly aegyo. Taehyung complies, smiling brightly at the group of friends which is enlarging by the second.

“Hyung, I brought snacks,” Jungkook says, ing multiple bags of chips and a box filled with cans of pop at Taehyung’s chest. Lisa immediately finds her spot at his side, his arm wrapped around her shoulders tightly, protectively keeping her to himself. 

I let the boys grab the snacks while I head to the backyard. Outside, it’s nearly dusk so naturally Taehyung has turned his fairy lights on. The air is chilly; a reminder that autumn is nearing. In the corner of the yard I spot the tent set up with multiple blankets and pillows surrounding its outsides and insides. A smile stretches across my face when I see Seokjin laying down in the tent. He’s leaning back while staring up at the sky, so deep in thought he doesn’t notice me approach.

“Nyong-An!” I exclaim, startling Jin. When I’m done laughing, I ask, “Sorry oppa, are you alright?”

“Jisoo-ah…" Jin grumbles, leaning back down.

“Hm, tired?” I question, throwing my backpack down on the blanket next to the tent. I take a seat on a pillow and grab a free blanket to cover my legs from the chilly air and the even chillier breeze. I wonder how he could be comfortable in his shorts? Despite his sweater, anyway.

When he doesn’t give me a response, I add, “Oppa, did you come here to study or to lose yourself in your thoughts?”

Jin snorts, “Initially I came to study but something else has come to mind recently.”

“Such as?” I flip open a notebook and textbook, beginning to take notes for my class.

Jin sits up then, still looking up over the trees at the dark blue and purple sky and answers, “Us.”

I freeze and I’m not sure whether it’s from the cold or his words. Okay, obviously it’s his words, but it’s unimaginable to think his words to be true. I slowly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter