Music

Kpop Kindergarten
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“I'm going to quit Jonghyun and you can't stop me.” Key said one night.

 

Jonghyun was a little surprised to hear his boyfriend say something like that and raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“Key, I don't believe you will and you’re just saying this because you’re stressed out by the kids and the amount of work you have to do now.” He explained.

 

Key pouted and crossed his arms, his eyes focused on the other. “Don't act like you know me, you don't know what I am.” Jonghyun smirked and took hold of one of Key's hands, the top of his hand with his thumb gently.

 

“I know what I need to know about you Key. You’re an amazing teacher and a loving boyfriend, what else should I know about you babe?” He asked. Key couldn't find a way to fight Jonghyun about this anymore, his boyfriend knowing just what to say to him. Jonghyun buttering him up with compliments and being his own prince charming.

 

“You don't play fair Jonghyunnie, how can I sass you if you say things like that? I love the kids, but they are all so strange in their own way.” Key told him, standing up and starting to pace the room. Jonghyun couldn't understand how a bunch of five year old could be so strange that Key wanted to quit his job. They were just kids who were learning in their own ways.

 

Jonghyun got up and walked over to Key, but stayed a distance to watch him as he paced.“Key, what's the problem? This is the first time you actually talked to me about your class. I thought everything was going well.” He told him curiously. Key looked at him, pausing in his pacing around the room to gather his thoughts. “Well, where should I start? Leo and Amber are the two strangest kids of all. They answer questions and do their projects in a way that's above their grade level, as if they’re grown adults stuck in little five year old bodies. Leo painted the starry night Jonghyun! What kid does that? Then there's Amber, all googly eye about Leo, I’m worried she’ll faint if Leo says another word to her.” He complained, just glad he got all of it out this time.

 

Jonghyun smiled. “There just little crushes, what did this Leo kid even say?”

 

Key paused in his pacing and looked at Jonghyun “Pretty hair Jonghyun, that's it. He never said a word to her since, but I know something is going on between them. If looks can get a girl pregnant, Leo would be successful.”

 

The thought of one look getting someone pregnant made Jonghyun laugh and move over to put his arms around Key, pulling the other closer to him. “Key, baby? Listen to me, they are a bunch of five year old kids who just might have a different upbringing. Leo might have been locked away in his home and his parents taught him more than allowing him to play outside. He sounds like a quiet kid right? Obviously he didn't get the chance to socialize with other children as he grew up, given the reason for his quietness. Amber is at that age where she'll get a crush and it'll go away after, nothing serious.” Jonghyun explained, wanting to ease Key’s stress and comfort him.

 

Key sighed, hoping he was right. “Fine, but that doesn't explain the two trouble makers, Zico and PO. All they do is make a mess of everything I give them. Last class, they painted each other instead of the paper. CL yelled at me about it because they had to get a change of clothes. How could that have been my fault?!” Key cried, pulling away from his boyfriend to sit back on the bed.

 

With a sigh, Jonghyun let his arms fall to his sides as he stood in front of Key and smiled more. “Honestly Key, you have to be rational about this and think about why the kids did what they did. Zico and PO might need to learn right from wrong and you should always keep an eye on the troublemakers. If all the other kids are good, you focus on them, it's the only way to make sure they don't end up breaking something or worse, hurt themselves.”

Key didn't say anything, but let Jonghyun's words sink in. He was going to find a way to keep the kids in line, knowing there had to be a way. Those kids were going to be………..almost normal.

 

For once, Key was early to school, setting up for class and making sure his lesson plans were in order. He thought a musical activity for today would be better for the kids to move around and relieve some of the energy they had in their little bodies. As he was setting up a station with drums, a knock sounded at the door.

 

Key looked up to see CL standing there for a moment before walking into the room, smiling. “How's it going Key? What are the kids going to learn about today?” She asked him. Key walked over to her, a xylophone in his hands. “Music, I thought the kids might enjoy some actual moving around the classroom than sitting in their chairs all day long. They all have so much energy, I wanted to find a way to relieve some of it, maybe Zico and PO won't be so troublesome.” He explained.

 

CL thought about his plan and nodded. “I like that idea, the kids will love it Key. I also hate to do this to you, but you have a new student. I wasn’t expecting another one” She said.

 

Key paused, staring at the woman in front of him. “What did you just say?” He questioned quietly, hoping he had heard heard her wrong. CL sighed. “I know you don't want another kid, but it happens Key and I have no control. Her name is Hyuna and I’m not sure when she'll be starting school here. Her mother is still in the process of getting the papers filled out and returning them to me.” She explained, but

Please log in to read the full chapter