What I Learned

Kpop Kindergarten
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Key had been reading the roster and trying to pronounce some of the names. It was a wonder how some of these parents could come up with such names for their children. He came across a few that he couldn’t understand for the life of him, how they could be names. "N? V? Is that really their names, letters? I could understand them being nicknames, but actual first names? Well a talk with the parents will be sooner than I thought this year.." He mumbled to himself, settling down in his desk chair to give himself time with his roster before class. With a class of thirty two, he didn’t want to make an error after error on how to pronounce a child’s name, wanting to get it right the first time. By the time he saw on the clock, Key had realized he didn't have a lot of time to look over names as kids started to stroll in for class.
 

“And so it begins.” He mumbled to himself, shaking off all the negative thoughts he had about today’s class and focusing on the task at hand. Get through the day and have the kids love him by the end of the day.

He looked up, smiling as the little short people came in through the door, all of them looking around the room with excitement. Key pushed the chair back, glad for the wheels and stood, smoothing out his pants. "Find your seats everyone, your names are on your desks." He explained, patting himself on the back mentally for having the name plates made before he arrived to school today. Taking each name and placing them on the desks at random. He watched the children wander around the desks, looking to find their names for a brief moment before he picked up his lesson plan; placing the roster on top to begin roll call once the kids were seated.
 

Bang Yongguk, second tallest of the kids moved around the many desks in the room, eyes looking over each name to find his own. His name had been written on a desk closest to the window when he finally found it, along with another desk beside his, reading the name out loud.

"Zelo. " He read aloud, wondering who the kid was and whether or not he was nice. Yongguk didn't have long to think about it when a young boy who was taller than him came over and saw his name, sitting down. "Zelo? " Bang questioned with his unnaturally high voice.

Zelo looked up when he heard a voice say his name, giving the boy standing a big smile. "Yes, what's your name?" He asked, his voice high and cute, grinning from ear to ear. Bang couldn't help but smile back, the boy practically oozed innocence and was overall a happy child. He just hoped the two of them could be the best of friends.

"I'm Yongguk. "He said. Zelo got up and hugged the other male instantly, ignoring the fact that they had just met. "Can we be friends Gukkie? I think you’re really cool and I want a cool friend. " Zelo asked, giggling after he gave Bang a nickname already.

Yongguk couldn't say no to a face like that, even if he thought it was weird that the boy had given him a nickname so soon. "Of course, friends it is. " He said, giving him a big smile with gum and all, hugging Zelo back. Key had noticed this small interaction from his place near the chalk board, thinking it was adorable to see the children interacting and making friends already. The kid worked fast. Now if only he could get what he wanted from Jonghyun that fast..........
 

Jungkook had walked in with Suga; the two boys friends already outside of school. He was glad to know someone already, hesitating to take another step into the classroom. Suga had noticed his hesitance and took hold of Jungkook’s hand to lead him into the classroom and search for their seats. Jungkook frowned and followed Suga inside. He wasn't so happy to be here, wanting to stay home instead of going to school. Only he overheard his mother on the phone with Suga’s mother, talking about Suga going to his school and Jungkook was ready to go. He found his seat towards the back of the classroom and smiled, seeing Suga's name right next to his own. Only the person on the other side of his chair was a name he hadn’t heard before, or rather a letter for a name. His eyes moved to a light brown haired boy, his tongue out as he looked for his own seat.V paused when he came across his name and sat down.Jungkook sat down in his seat  and tapped V on the shoulder still curious.

V looked up and grinned at the other, excitement in his eyes. "Hi! What’s your name?" He asked. Jungkook smiled, unable to not smile when someone with a smile like that smiled. "Hi, I'm Jungkook and this is my friend Suga." He gestured to Suga who waved to the overly happy boy, not much of a talker. V looked between the two and pointed to himself. "I'm V." He said. Both boys gave the other boy a look, confused

. "What's your name?" Jungkook repeated. V blinked. "My name is V." He said again. "V what?"
"Just V" The three boys seem to just stare at each other for a very long time, not believing V’s name was just the letter.

It had been a long enough time that Key had taken notice of the three boys just standing there in silence and made his way over to them, crouching down by their desks.

“Does someone want to tell me what’s going on over here?”
Jungkook pointed. “His name is V.”
Key nodded. “Yes, his name is V.”
“But it's a letter, that’s not a name.” Jungkook frowned, still not understanding.
"We all have different names, some shorter than others. Either way, we don't make fun because it's different. I bet V is a wonderful boy who would like to be your friend." Key explained, smiling.

Jungkook nodded and looked at V, smiling. "I like your name, V is cool." V smiled, feeling better about his name. "Do you want to be friends?" V asked and the two boys nodded. “Jungkook? Can I call you Kookie?” He asked, making Jungkook laugh. “Kookie? That’s funny, but okay.” He said and started to talk about random stuff with V and Suga, ignoring Key now.

Key got up and went back to the board, writing parts of the lesson for today ‘So I have to watch V and Zelo apparently. They're too fast for their own good.’ He said to himself, shaking his head.

It took about a half hour to finally get the class seated, except a boy near the door who didn't seem to want to come inside, biting his lip in worry. So I have one of those....... He thought. Key walked over and crouched in front of the small boy who looked like

Please log in to read the full chapter