Chapter 1

Bloomed

Beep. 

Xiumin look at his phone. New message. Oh Sehun.

'Where r u? How's ur report goin? Can I look at it right now?'

Xiumin sighed. Why he always ask something in a wrong time.

'Outside. Tommorrow, maybe?' He typed and send it.

'Oh. Okay :('

Xiumin get on in his motorcyle and drive home.

 

 

 

 

***

This is how we met. The first day of college.

I saw you. It took only seconds to take my breath away. Gorgeous.

I was fully aware that I had been watching you. But no matter how hard I tried to look away, I kept look at you again and again.

This human right there, you may never get to see him again you fool. My brain was telling me hundreds of reasons to look at you as well as the reasons not to.

Damn. I was pretty sure you realized me looking at you. But I kept looking at you. After that day, I think I was gonna start to avoid you because of the consciousness I had. Shame. How could I face a stranger that I've been staring at for hours?

But, it turns out I'm not. I gotta see you face again.

And again.

***

 

 

 

Xiumin walks to his class. Mr. Suho is late to his lecture as always.

He sits beside Luhan.

"I've done my report. Kai's too" Luhan said.

"Damn you and your partner. Why are you guys always do it fast. We have the best practicant right here" Xiumin said rolling his eyes.

"Not in a good mood, do you? Anyway how about yours?"

"Nope. Almost done. But I barely had enough sleep last night"

"And Sehun's?"

"Dunno. He ask to look at mine yesterday"

"You know, he's your partner. Do you guys only talk in lab? Go ask him how's he doin"

Xiumin sighed. "Yeah sure, later"

"Xiumin!" someone called him. Well, that specific someone of course.

Xiumin turned his head and saw Sehun enter his class and walk to his way.

"Can I see your report? Do you bring it today?" Sehun asked.

"Sure, wait" Xiumin opened his bag and looked after his report.

 

 

 

 

***

We had a trip. Well not we as the two of us of course. We as all of the students.

Break time.

"Okay, who didn't bring lunch today?" The senior asked. I saw you didn't bring yours, yet you didn't raise your hands.

I nudged Chanyeol. "Hm?" he asked.

"Can you pass this to that guy? The one in the front row"

Chanyeol stared at me for a moment. "Sure"

And then he passed you the sandwich I brought. You looked at it for a moment and say something to Chanyeol. Well, more seems like you asked him something.

Chanyeol pointed his hand at me.

Then you looked at me.

And smiled.

***

 

 

 

 

"So, high five for good luck?" You asked tilting your head.

Xiumin laughed. Childish. "Sure, why not"

"Hun, can you pass me that glass?"

"Which glass?"

"Beaker. HCl" Xiumin said. Sehun handed him the beaker glass. The laboratorium is always almost in chaos everytime there is an experiment courses.

Xiumin is doing the procedure while Sehun only look at him. "Is there anything else I can help?" Sehun asked.

"Not yet. I'll tell you when I need one"

Sehun smiled. "You know, the other students said I should be grateful"

"What for?" Xiumin answered yet still focused on the procedure.

"For having you as my partner"

"Oh" Xiumin doesn't know what to say. He always doesn't. The others also told him about this, and he still doesn't know what response he should give.

Sehun chuckled. "Short as always"

"Oh, can you ask Luhan how long do we have to heat this solution?" Xiumin asked. Didn't want the other to see his blushed face.

"Yes, sir! Wait" Sehun said and leave Xiumin.

 

***

 

 

It was the students training day. When we had to listen to hours of lectures.

"Hey there" You sat beside me.

"Oh, hi.."

"The others gonna head to the canteen. It's break time. You comin?"

"No, I think I'll stay"

"Oh, but I don't see your lunch. Do you bring one?"

"No, kind of in a hurry this morning. You go with the others, I'll manage"

"Hm, not really. Actually, I'll stay. I brought mine today. Want some?" You opened your lunch boxes with sandwiches in it.

"Well..."

"Come on, which flavor do you want? I'm sorry it doesn't look as good as the one you gave me yesterday, I bought it in the convenience store"

"Okay, is there any chocolate one?"

"My bad, there isn't. Sorry. There are blueberry and cheese"

"Then blueberry it is"

"Okay. Here" You handed me the sandwiches and we ate in silence.

"Thanks" I said.

"No, seriously it's fine. Looks like we bonded by this sandwiches, huh?" You chuckled.

"Well, if it's the way you put it" I shrugged.

"I'm Sehun by the way"

"Xiumin"

You smiled. "Nice to meet you, Xiumin"

***

 

 

"Finally! The last experiment's done. Min, what do you think we should do to celebrate this?" Luhan said to Xiumin after heading out from the lab.

"We still have the final exam next week you know" answered the latter.

"Geez, chill out will ya. I know you're going to do great next week. Xiumin always does great in the exams, right guys?" Sehun said while put his elbow on Xiumin's shoulder.

"Can't argue no more" Kai said.

"See? We have to celebrate this, Min. Have fun before the exams starts. And Christmas is coming! I'm not going to feel miserable on Christmas" Luhan pouted.

"Okay okay, I'm lose. What do you guys have in mind?" Xiumin said.

"There is this party at Kris's house on Christmas eve, that's sounds good?" Kai suggested.

"Perfect" Sehun said.

The shortest one among them just grunted. Too much for a not-so-party person.

 

 

***

I was heading to my next class when you called me. I turned my head and saw you running to my way.

"Got a minute?" you asked.

"Sure, why?

"For next semester, there is this lab experiment in the analytical chem right? I know it might be too soon for me to ask you this, but the others are already talking about it. So, would you be my lab partners for next semester?"

I stared at you for a moment. Sure, i knew about that. In fact, the others already asked me about it that time. But as you said, I said no to them because I think it was too soon to think about the next semester. And now, I didn't know what to said to that. If I said no, I think I was going to regret it. So you heard my answer.

"Of course"

"Really?" you asked me again, smiling.

"Sure. Why not" I assured you. "I'm sorry but I gotta go to my next class, Hun"

"Oh sure, thank you Min. Bye! See ya!"

***

 

 

Xiumin has been in the house for minutes and he already looking for the way out.

Where the hell is Luhan when he's the one pushing me to come to this stupid party, he said to himself.

He then headed to the porch to find some peaces.

"Hey there"

Xiumin turned his head and found Sehun sitting on a bench. "Hi"

"Come, sit here" Sehun moves and sign the latter to sit beside him.

"Not enjoying the party already?" Xiumin asked after sat beside him.

"Uh oh. Not really in the mood for one right now"

Silence.

"Aren't you cold?" Sehun asked.

"Not really" Xiumin answered not really expecting the sudden question.

"Your clothes. It doesn't look warm enough. And I see you didn't bring your gloves"

"Nah, it's okay. I think I'll manage" Xiumin reassured him with a smile.

"Stubborn. Forgetful as always, aren't you?" Sehun said while taking off one of his gloves and put it on the latter hands.

"What are you doing? I said I'm f-"

"Shut up will ya" Sehun cut him off.

Xiumin remain silent for a while. Something's off. "Hun, are you okay?"

"Give me your other hand"

"What?"

Sehun said no more and take Xiumin's other hands instead. He clasped it with his and lead it to his jacket's pocket.

"Sehun?" Xiumin asked, worry in his tone.

The other just sighed and closed his eyes. Then he loosen himself a bit and put his head on Xiumin's shoulder still closing his eyes.

The latter don't know what to do. He remained silent for a while until he can smell liquor in Sehun's breath.

"Hun, are you drunk?"

"Only a few shots. I'm still conscious though, don't worry" Sehun answered with eyes closed the whole time.

"Have a bad day?"

"Not really. I just think I might need it tonight"

"Why?"

"Let's just say, to boost up my courage"

"For what exactly?"

Sehun didn't answer this question. Silence remained for a while between them. Xiumin worried about Sehun. Is something terrible happened? he questioned himself.

"Min, it's christmas" Sehun finally said.

"Uh huh, obviously" Xiumin said. Still worrying about the other's sudden outburst.

"Wouldn't you give me any presents?"

"Well, I don't really have anything with me right now so maybe later...? If you really want one"

"Can you just grant my wishes instead?"

"Wishes?"

"Wish then. One. Please?"

"Oh..okay, I guess"

"No, make it two. How about that?" Sehun finally opened his eyes and sit straight to lean back in the bench.

"Well, sure. Name it"

"Wish number one"

"Yeah?"

"The first wish is that you can't say no to the second wish" Sehun said while looking at him and smile.

Xiumin rolled his eyes. "Sly as a fox, aren't ya?"

"Can't help it" Sehun smirked.

"Sure. Move to the second one then"  Xiumin shrugged.

Sehun stared at him for a moment. Hope and nervous in his eyes.

 

 

 

"Min, will you go out with me?"