(I)

Sleeping BEAST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-KRINGGGG-

 

Oh great…School ended but a certain dark haired boy still had to stay behind for an afterschool detention today. Personally, he didn’t think it was fair at all because all the boy did was point out that a teacher’s zipper was down…in front of the entire school. Hey, he was only doing the middle-aged man a favor by saving him from further embarrassment. However, judging by the way the teacher’s face turned boiling red as he screeched, “VERNON YOU ARE STAYING AFTERSCHOOL AND CLEANING MY ROOM FOR DISRESPECTING ME!” he did not seem to appreciate the younger’s kindness.

 

It’s not Vernon’s fault that the guy didn’t check his pants before walking on stage to present a speech, and the fact that his room is dirtier than a trash dump had nothing to do with Vernon either. Yet, here he was walking down the noisy corridor towards room 301.

 

It was about 3:30 and the boy had never been in this room before, simply because the devil teaches 10th grade and Vernon is a 12th grader. But because his unlucky fate and blabbering mouth put him in the position Vernon was going to have to stay in this completely foreign classroom until 5:30. As he reached the front of the room, the 12th grader slowly twisted the doorknob and peeked his head inside. There was no one in the room, not even that devil in suit and tie. Closing the door behind him, he entered the dusty mess that was meant to be a classroom. How did the 10th grade students survive in here?

 

Anyway, it was Vernon’s duty to make this place squeaky clean in 2 hours, so sluggishly, he got to work. Pulling the chairs and desks around, the originally messy boy tried his best to carefully mop the mud covered floor. After wiping the foggy windows, a stream of light flooded into the once gloomy classroom. Who managed this place? Vernon stared out of the window at the basketball court below. He heaved a sigh. He should be playing with those sweaty boys and scoring right now. But NOOOOOO, he’s stuck in this dump.

 

Just as he was reaching for the broom, Vernon heard a loud sound. The boy didn’t know what it was or where it came from but it sure was one of the creepiest things that he had heard in his 19 years of living. If he were to describe the strange sound, it was sort of like something a whale would scream while giving birth. Yes, it was THAT loud and creepy. He was disturbed from his thoughts as the noise rang through the class once again. His curiosity got the best of him as Vernon made his way to the back of the room where the sound seemed to be coming from, it was behind a wall of bookshelves but he managed to get through.

 

This tight space had a nice furry carpet and a huge pile of pillows. The sound came again and the pile of pillows shook. He walked closer and closer until the pillows were right in front of him, and gathering all his nerves Vernon knocked the pile of pillows down. To his horror, the sight he witnessed was not something the boy expected at all.

 

 

 

 

 

You know the saying curiosity killed the cat right? Well, Vernon’s curiosity might or might not have put an end to him. Lying there under those pillows was a girl dressed in his school uniform. A book was covering her face but her legs and arms were sprawled out in a disgraceful manner as her body moved up and down with her rough breathing and thunder-like snores. Not knowing what to do, he just stood there staring. Why was she sleeping in this hell of a classroom? Didn’t the teacher find her? Should he wake her up? That would ruin her sleep, but if he didn’t she might not wake up at all judging by the way she slept soundly even when he was pulling all those squeaky chairs around. Snapping out of his thoughts, he scrunched up his nose in disgust. What kind of girl falls asleep like this in a dirty classroom with arms and legs flapping everywhere? Vernon would surely regret it if he pulled the book of her face because she probably has a very ugly facial expression right now.

 

As if on cue the girl turned and the book fell off her face. Sure enough her eyes were slightly open and hung completely ajar. He chuckled to himself. What a mess. Not wanting to see anymore, the boy went back to cleaning while making sure to be extra quiet. The last thing he wanted was to wake the monster up. If she was this scary while sleeping, imagine how scary she would be when she’s wide awake. (A.N. LOL I’m sorry if this offends any of you, because don’t worry I sleep like a monster too XP not a very pleasant sight)

 

It was about 4:30 already and the only thing left was cleaning the big bookshelf near the sleeping beast XP. He quietly made his way over and started dusting the old thing. The front side was done so Vernon quickly headed to the back. If he finished this, he might be able to leave early. A swarm of dust flew out and blocked the boy’s nostrils immediately. Choking he tried to cough it away but it wasn’t working. He reached for the bottle of water and gulped down the liquid. Tapping his chest to comfort himself, Vernon casually leaned his back onto the bookshelf.

 

KREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

 

And just like that, the shelf slowly started falling backwards. His mind went blank. What should he do? The shelf was falling slowly but it’s still really really heavy. He wouldn’t be able to lift it alone. Should he just let it fall and call other people for help? No…that would cause even more chaos. But if he tried to stop it, he might hurt himself.

 

Wait…

 

WAIT A MINUTE!

 

If the bookshelf fell…IT WOULD FALL ONTO THE SLEEPING BEAST!!!

 

He was not going to be charged for murder and be thrown into a jail cell. He’s too young! Without hesitating Vernon sped over to the other side of the massive book shelf. It was almost half way down. Gathering all his strength and being sure to step a bit farther from the female, the male pushed and pushed. The impact made the shelf stop abruptly.

 

Satisfied with his performance and a bit surprised by his strength, Vernon pat himself on the back.

 

Just then…

 

PHOOOOOOOOSSSHHHH

 

The book

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter