prologue

Boom boom

 

Everyone has a soulmate, despite not having happy endings with their own soulmates and ending up with someone else's soulmate, they still cross paths, more than once. In every lifetime, they cross paths. They could just bump into each other, be school mates, or even pass by each other. It's actually rare to have your soulmate as your husband or wife.

There are some occurrences wherein two souls are tied to one. Those are the rarest of the rarest cases ever. See how rare it is? I needed to use 'rarest' twice in one sentence.

Anyway, just like any angel, we are assigned to guard soulmates. I couldn't say a pair of soulmates unlike other angels out there. (Yes, i'm talking about Somi and Wooshin's guardian, we're in bad terms. Anyway...) Ever since, I was already assigned to three people, namely, Kim Yewon, Chwe Hansol and Min Yoongi. These are there current names. 

Let me explain what I meant about being assigned to them since the beginning of time. You see, there are things we call as past lives. Believe it or not everyone has a past life, a soulmate and a happy ending, but it doesn't always happen in every lifetime. Only chosen lifetimes. But unlike most soulmates, they don't just bump into each other. They meet each other and get to know one another, which is lucky for them. The hard part of being assigned to three people is the fact that one of them always get hurt, because Yewon has to choose one of them in the end. Well, even she gets hurt in every lifetime due to the fact that she has to choose between the left and right side of her heart, which is sad.

During the Medieval Period, Princess Yvonne (Yewon) of Portugal needed to marry either Prince Harrison (Hansol) of Spain or King Yohann (Yoongi) of France in order to be able to take over the throne her parents left her with. Both men seeked for power, and wanted to marry her. But along the way of trying to persuade her, they fell in love. The princess too, fell in love with both men, which people would've perceived as impossible, since a person only has one heart and could only love one person. Despite her mixed feelings for them, both men were easily jealous, so it took her longer than expected to choose a husband and form a treaty with. In the end, she chose King Yohann, which made Prince Harrison lead his guards and soldiers into battle against Portugal. He was heartbroken.

In a hospital in the US, nurse Yvette had to take care of two patients named Hans and Yale. Having been stuck in the same hospital ward for as long as they can remember, the two boys became close. They knew each other like the back of their hands. Maybe they didn't know each other much after all due to the fact that they didn't know they liked the same girl, the nurse who took care of them. Nurse Yvette knew it was against their policy to have an intimate relationship with patients, as a nurse, she respected that and had no choice but to stop reciprocating any of their feelings. It's as if Hans had a stronger will than Yale, which made him get better first and gave him a chance to court the nurse. Just like that, they dated. But Yale couldn't accept it easily. Just like in the other past lives, it didn't end well. 

Do you all see the message I'm trying to point out? Don't they all deserve a happy ending? They've been good people, but love is cruel to play this trick on them. At some point, Hansol ended up with Somi in one of her lifetimes, and that hurt Yewon and Yoongi. Yoongi let go of Yewon who chose Hansol whom them married someone else.

I just hope in this lifetime, they have a happy ending. All three of them.

"Hi there! Please visit the Sophomores' booth, by the swimming pool area. It's kind of like a horror booth but with a twist of mystery. It's really fun! You get to choose which mystery you can solve. Plus you can join as a group or test your skills alone. Thank you!"

Kim Yewon was currently handing out fliers to the teachers, staff, guests and fellow schoolmates that roamed around the campus. It's the first day of their annual school fair, and Yewon decided to volunteer in helping her batch by advertising, inviting people to come to their booth in order to earn money for their funds.

"Yewon!" A deep voiced guy called out, making the said girl turn to the source. A foreign-looking teen wearing a black and white striped long sleeve with ripped jeans came into view. A friendly smile plastered on his face. His blonde hair was slightly messy but he still looked adorable, for me lol.

The teenage girl jogged over to him, a look of confusion plastered on her face despite being glad to see him. "Hansol, aren't you supposed to be in the booth?" She asked, stopping in front of him.

The said boy scratched the back of his head sheepishly as he gave a cheeky grin. "Well Seungkwan and Dahyun told me to follow you, in case you need help or something."

A smile made it's way to Yewon's face as she gave out a chuckle. "I just finished my shift for today. So, I doubt I'll be needing anymore help right now." A sheepish chuckle escaped the teenage boy's mouth as he nodded awkwardly. "Ahhhh, well then, I'm also done with my shift. Maybe you would like to go-"

"Yewon!" Another voice called the gentle girl, making her turn the other way. Another blonde was making his way towards her. "Yoongi sunbae?" She asked in wonder, blinking at the man before raising a brow. "Uhmmm anything you need sunbae?"

"Well I was wondering if you're free, since our clubmates need help with the decoration of our club booth. And we also prepared lunch for all of us- oh hey Hansol, you can join too if you haven't eaten yet." The Junior said as he wrapped both arms around both students before pulling them both to the music club room. 

According to the book of love. Yoongi isn't always like that, only when Yewon is involved. Same goes with Hansol. How do I give them a happily ever after they all deserve?