My Highschool Life Turned Upside Down (Part 2)

Caught In Between Love And Lies

When you woke up the next morning, you had the feeling that today would be a great day. Most probably it was thanks to the awesome photo that would help to make the girls believe that you are dating.

After having showered and putting on your school uniform, you happily jumped down the stairs. Suddenly you noticed that it was quite calm, which wasn't usually the case.

You looked around the house and saw a note on the fridge:

Soohyun-ah, Mommy and Daddy worked very hard last year, so this time we decided to go to our belated honeymoon!~~ We have left you food for today and we have transferred enough money for the next three months. So remember don't get wasted (o≧▽゚)o -Love Mom.

P.S: Really don't do it, stay away from those boys who can’t control their hormones!!! (#`皿´)< Dad

You shocked your head in disbelief re-reading this note. *I can't believe that, how many honeymoons are you suppose to have, that's already their sixth one?!* You thought and chewed in your kimbap.

*They know that they are wrong* You stabbed on the rice, angry that they left you without informing you probably. *That's probably why they left me so much food.* Then you remembered your Dad's advice and couldn't help but laugh, since your parents acted like hormonal controlled teenagers themselves.

-----------------------

'Haneul-ah!' You waved at her. She had to wait for you on the corridor since your bus was late this morning. ' Hey, I haven't seen you this morning, you are pretty late, the bell has already rung and I have Mrs. Choi in my first period, so I have to hurry up.' 'Arasso, I just wanted to tell you that I have a plan now how to prevent myself to get exposed.' You grinned and explained her briefly your plan.

Then you showed her the photo that you have taken yesterday, under the risk of your life. 'He is really handsome, but isn't he...' but before Haneul could finish her sentence, you saw Mrs. Choi and signaled your best friend to go to her classroom.

---------------------

 

During lunch you took out your phone and showed the photo to Hara and Nana.
‘Woah is that really your boyfriend, he’s really good-looking?!’ Nana asked shocked while biting on her banana.

 

Hara took your phone to take a closer look.

‘Hmm…he looks quite familiar?’ She murmured, titling her head.

*, I hope he’s not an idol or a model.* You thought, since it would be unrealistic, if you would date someone famous. Nana beside her also examined the boy until she clasped her hand. ‘I know him! Isn’t that the Kingka L from 3-c?’ ‘You are right, it’s him.’ Hara nodded.

*A Kingka from our school? 3-c isn’t that Haneul’s class. Aish, jjin-jja I should have paid more attention to our school’s Kingkas and Queenkas* You wanted to facepalm yourself.

‘Oh look, he’s just over there with his friend.’ Nana pointed behind you. ‘Bwoh?’ You turned your head and indeed the handsome stranger from yesterday was standing there with his food plat.

You still couldn’t believe what just happened to you and suddenly his eyes landed on you. He titled his head and looked at you curiously. Then you saw the thought flashing through his mind. *OMO he recognizes me.*

He slowly moved towards the table where you were sitting with your friends.

‘Hey aren’t you the st….’ Before he could expose you in front of your friends, you quickly covered his mouth with your two hands. You heard Hara and Nana gasping and you could also feel most of the eyes in the cafeteria fixed on you.

*I must be really dumb to not know our school’s Kingka.*

You dragged the boy out of the cafeteria and to your surprise, he didn’t protest even though you were certain that he could easily stop you.

When the both of you stood at an empty corner in the school yard, you didn’t dare to break the silence. *Why doesn’t he yell at me?* You questioned his calmness. Obviously he was waiting for you to explain him the situation.

You fiddled at your skirt nervously, your eyes still fixed on the ground. *Aish how am I suppose to tell him about the lie?* You gulped not daring to look at his eyes.

‘Hey, you don’t have to be so nervous around me. Just tell me what is bothering you.’ L lifted your chin, making you look at him. You were immediately mesmerized by his handsome face and his warm smile. *He’s really like a Prince, maybe this will turn out like a drama and he’ll help me out?* You got your hopes up and started to tell him the truth.

--------------

‘Oh so basically everything will turn out well, if I pretend to be your boyfriend, right?’ He concluded his smile still not leaving his face. *I can’t believe that such a handsome guy is also so generous?* You couldn’t believe your luck and imagined the two of you together.

‘Then just hurry up and buy me a coffee, plus write those essays.’- ‘Eh?’ You asked confused about his sudden change. He scoffed at your dumbfounded face. ‘Stop being so naïve, do you think we are in some K-drama? Of course I’d not agree to something so bothersome for free!’ L gave you an evil smirk. ‘Shin Soohyun.’ He read out your name tag- ‘I agree to go along with this stupid act, when you’ll become my personal maid in return.’

You weren’t sure if he had seriously said that, since you remembered his prince-alike-attitude from before. *Is this person bipolar?* You questioned.

‘I…I won’t do that.’ You told him. You remembered watching many K-Dramas, where the boy would propose such a deal to an innocent girl, but as he said before, this was reality now and you didn’t believe that he would one day turn super nice.

Even though you weren’t rich, your parents kind of spoiled you, so you weren’t used to serve others.

‘I am an emancipated girl, that won’t work for a boy!' You stood up for yourself.

You saw that he was surprised by your outburst, but his facial expression soonly change, leaving his signature smirk.

‘Fine you are an emancipated girl , who doesn’t have a boyfriend. And I am the mean boy who is going to expose your stupid secret and make you the biggest loser in this school.’ He shrugged.

Your mouth dropped hearing his blackmail. ‘You..you wouldn’t do that.’ You stuttered.

‘Really? You think so?’ He laughed an turned away to leave you at that spot. *He’s serious about that.*

You quickly ran after him and grabbed his arm. ‘Fine, fine, I’ll become your personal maid.’ You surrendered, he looked down at you surprised and for a moment you thought he would take back his words, until he pushed you away and demanded for a hot coffee.

‘Then give me the money to buy it.’ You opened your hand. ‘Tzz…shouldn’t you pay for this, since you are an emancipated girl?’ He snickered.

‘Yah, that doesn’t mean that I am paying for your stuffs! You frowned. ‘You own me that coffee. Remember who didn’t respect my human rights by acting like a stalker?’

*This jerk, I already hate him!* You stomped away, offended.

‘Hey hurry up, recess is almost over and take it to class 3-c!’ L demanded. *I already regret agreeing on this deal.* You shocked your head and hurried up, since you had only 15 minutes left.

Luckily there weren't many customers, so you could order quite quickly.

 

----------------------

 

With the hot cup of coffee, you searched for his class and when you finally reached it you saw Haneul coming to you. ‘I already wanted to warn you this morning.’ She whispered, since everyone’s eyes were glued on you.

‘Where’s L’s seat?’ You asked her. ‘Isn’t it obvious?’ She pointed to the seat at the back, that was crowded by a bunch of girls.

You went up to his seat, when some girls were turning to face to you. ‘Again you, weren’t you the one who dragged L-Oppa away from the cafeteria? Damn you are so pitiful, following him all the time like a stalker!’ She hissed at you. ‘Right just go away with you stupid coffee. You not L-Oppa’s type anyway.’ The girl in front of you scanned you up and down with a disgusted face.

 

Before you could defend yourself L suddenly spoke up. ‘ Yah, stop insulting her.’ ‘Wae? Who’s that girl?’ His other fan girls whined. ‘She’s my girlfriend and I don’t tolerate any bashing towards her.’ He glared at them. ‘But?’ The girl that insulted you before wanted to say something, but L cut her off.

 ‘I don’t make a difference between boys and girls, so don’t mess up with my girlfriend!’ He stood up and grabbed your arm dragging you away.

When you two were far away from the curious crowd you looked down. *She was actually right, no one would ever believe that someone like him would date me.*

‘I am sorry for making you anger your fan girls.’ You bowed, since you now felt like a burden to him. Even though he acted like a jerk in front of you, you were sure that he had an image to uphold too.

‘Babo.’ He slightly smacked your forehead. ‘Aren’t you my girlfriend? Just shut up and let me protect you.’ He said, making your heart beating faster. *Maybe he isn’t that bad after all.* You smiled.

‘Tzz…now the coffee is most probably cold.’ He took the coffee cup from your hand. ‘It’s too sweet.’ He scrunched his nose. ‘Yah Soohyun, you own me another favor, because of what happened before.’ L said. *Okay I take it back, he probably just acted that way for his own sake.*

 ‘Meet me after classes, we have to make a contract, so that someone so stupid like you would also understand it.’ He snapped you out of your thoughts and walked away sipping his coffee. ‘Didn’t you say it was too sweet, jerk.’ You mumbled looking at him.

 

-----------------

 

 

‘So as long as I am pretending to be your fake boyfriend, you are going to be my personal maid, which means you have to fulfill every wish from me.’ He wrote down the words, on a paper. *Wow he has such a nice handwriting.* You admired, but then you realized what he has said.

‘Wait, but you can’t take advantage of me, I mean I won’t agree on…’ You blushed not able to finish your sentence.

 ‘And someone like you wants to have a boyfriend.’ L scoffed. ‘Don’t worry I am not that kind of guy, but I am sure to make you wake up early in the morning to buy me my coffee.’ He winked which make you turned even redder. *Aish I shouldn’t have said that, it’s not like I am really attractive.*

‘Being my personal maid means that you also have to run lots of errands for me, plus you have to do my homework, be ready to come over to me whenever I need you, which also includes weekends.’ He wrote it down. ‘Bwoh, that’s more like a slave?!’ You crossed your arms.

‘It’s up to you, we could stop all this right now.’ You challenged you aware that you needed him. ‘Fine, but being my fake boyfriend means that you have to pick me up from school, you have to take lunch with me, we have to act lovey-dovey whenever someone is around and whenever my friends ask me to make you hang out with us you have to come over, which also includes weekends.’ You said with a smirk. He didn’t seem impressed at all, since he wrote your demands quickly down.

‘Anything to add?’ He asked you. ‘No, I don’t think so.’ You read through the conditions. ‘Fine then you have to sign here.’

‘Now give me your phone.’ He opened his hand. You gave it to him with a confused face, after having type something, he handed it back to you. ‘Now we have each other’s number.’ He scrolled down his contacts.

‘You looked at your contacts and spotted L’s number. ‘Shouldn’t we give each other couple names.’ You beamed.

‘No need for this stupid things.’ He ignored you. ‘Wae? Tell me your name please.’ You asked him. ‘Do you have amnesia? My name is L.’ He chuckled.

‘Aniyo I mean your real name.’ You shocked your head. ‘It’s L.’ He answered with a serious face.

 ‘Who would name their child L? You are obviously another geek, thinking that you are L from Death Note. But sorry to tell you that you are not half as cool as him!’ You crossed your arms and stuck out your tongue. He just laughed at your childish acting.

‘At least I am cool enough to have a personal maid.’ He responded making you angry, since he always seem to have a good response.

‘Oh come on please~~’ You pouted trying to use aegyo. ‘I will also pay for the next coffee.’ You tried to bribe him since your aegyo didn’t work on him. ‘Are those stupid names so important for you.’ L shocked his head in disbelief. ‘Yes they show affection.’ You explained, almost giving up.

*He won’t change his mind.* Suddenly as if he felt bad for making you sad by declining your request, he sighed and said. ‘Yah don’t be so sad puppy.’  

‘ Aww Puppy is so cute.’ You smiled, happy that he finally gave in to your request.

‘Right you’re like a dog that has to follow my orders.’ He smirked. ‘Yah.’ You stood up ‘Why do you always have to tease me?!’ ‘Wae? Didn’t you just say that you liked this name?’ He asked you unimpressed. *I am just going to ignore his second statement, because Puppy is actually a cute name.* You thought and sat down.

‘And how do I have to call you?’ You asked. L seemed to think about it ‘How about Master?’ he answered. ‘No that’s a stupid name!’ You disagreed. ‘Why? I like it, it totally fits the situation.’  He ignored your reaction and took your phone to change the name.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Yeah I updated again, I am so proud of myself and of course of all my subscribers T.T ;D!! ~~ This update is super long almost 2400 words o__O, but well the inspiration hit me today kekeke.  Feel free to subscribe and comment (shout out : I really love reading comments!! <3 ) Hmm.. actually I feel kind of bad for my other story, cause I haven't updated it for a while :( , so I think I have to focus on it the next few days. Maybe someone is also a BANA here, so you  may check out this other story ^^

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/87125/even-though-at-first-glance-there-was-a-connection-between-us-i-fall-for-the-wrong-person-b1a4-jinyoung-leejoon-romance-schoollife-schoollove-you

its_an_asian_thing