Final

붙잡았어야 해
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                I put the flowers down beside the other flowers, I let out a tired sigh as I bid everyone goodbye. I walk back to our empty apartment with heavy legs. I plop down to the sofa pulling my tie loose I put my arm above my eyes. A tear slid down my cheeks I miss her I grab my phone, unlocking it to see my angel’s smile. The tears keep on sliding down as I reminisce our last day. I pull my knees towards me chest as I buried my face between them. That day… that day I should’ve held her hand then I would be able to save her… if only I can turn back time.

                It looks like I fell asleep, I rub my eyes and about to walk towards the kitchen when suddenly the smell of eggs filled the room. I scratch my neck “Mom?” I walk towards the kitchen to see the back of someone I misses so much as I about to call out for her, she turns around smiling brightly “Oh, sleepy head you awake? You should stop sleeping on the sofa like that” I walk towards her, pulling her towards a long hug “Is that really you? Is this a dream?” she chuckles and hit me on the chest lightly “Let me go, the eggs are getting burnt” I let go of her and take a seat on the counter, staring oggly at her still not believing my eyes. She finishes her cooking and set the table, I follow her around like a dog not letting my eyes off her, afraid she disappears once more. She ushers me to sit and telling me to eat. I nod as I sit in front of her, my eyes still not leaving her. She smiles “Are you going to stare at me all day?” I nod “If you let me” she laughs and kicks my leg from under the table “Stop joking, I’m not going to go anywhere” she grabs her utensils and starts eating her food “Promise?” she glances at me for second and smiles “Yes, now eat” I grin and start eating along. We chat like the old days, talking about the most random things but, something feel weird. I feel like we had the exact same conversation before. “Hey, maybe we shouldn’t go on a date today, I don’t feel like it” she said as she grabs my plate and utensils, I look at her “Date?” she glances at me, squinting her eyes “You forget about it didn’t you?” she sighs and put the dishes in the dishwasher “Do you even remember what date is today?” I shake my head lightly “It’s our anniversary you dumby” I stay silent for a moment anniversary? But, that’s the day…. No this is probably just a dream I hug her “Of course, I remember” she pushes me and laughs “You shake your head a moment ago” I nod “But, now I remember” she shakes her head and laughs lightly “Anyway, I think we should just stay at home today” I shakes my head “At least, we should have a fancy dinner or something to celebrate you know?” she smiles softly “I guess dinner is fine” I nod “Alright, I should try booking a restaurant then” I was about to leave when I turn back around “You’ll still be here when I’m back right?” she laughs “Yes, not in this exact spot but, I’ll be around. Don’t worry.” I nod and starts walking to our bedroom but, I still keep on glancing her way.

                 It was quite hard booking a restaurant in a quick notice but, I manage to find a quite fancy yet homey restaurant just outskirts of town. I was hesitant at booking it since the place was near a cliff, not to mention the only seat remaining is at the balcony. Usually I would love to sit there, eating a fancy meal looking at the vast ocean view but, I was still afraid a similar scenario would happened again. But, I assure myself everything would be okay, our seat aren’t that near to the edge and there’s a metal fence around the edge so it’ll be okay…. I hope. I walk back towards the living room to see her sitting watching TV while knitting what looks like a scarf. I sit beside her, putting my arms around her shoulders “I booked a restaurant” she nods and puts her head on my shoulder “Can I see?” I shake my head “At least I want to make one surprise” she chuckles lightly “Alright, so when is the reservation?” I look at my phone to see it’s till midday “I guess we still have a round 5 hours of lazying around” she laughs again.

                We spent the rest of the day, lazying around, just enjoying each other company. I wish our time like this would just last forever but, of course time keeps on moving and not long enough, it was our time to go our reservation. I lay at the sofa waiting for her to get ready, I look over at the time sighing “C’mon hurry up! We need to go soon” I could hear her legs shuffling around upstairs “Just a minute!” I smile gently I miss this I stare blankly at the ceiling for a few minutes until I hear her footsteps coming down the stairs. I prop myself up the sofa and walk over to the end of the staircase “You done, gorgeous?” she smile sheepishly “Sorry, it takes s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter