FWB!

Friends with Benefits

“That was great.” Nayeon said while trying to catch her breath, coming down from her high. She felt lips trailed up from her inner thigh, to her stomach, then to her , and finally stopped fully on her lips.

“You cummed so much.” Another girl wiped her lips and jaw before went on kissing the breathless girl beneath her.

“Blame the stress and our sessions gap.”

“Blame our boss.”

“Agree.” The older girl then moved to kiss her partner. “Thanks, Jungyeonnie.” She then got up from the bed and gathered her scattered clothes on the floor and put those on.

The room owner half sat up. “Wait… You’re not staying?” She asked after seeing what her workmate did.

“Nah. Next time.”

“Okay.”

“See you at the office.” Nayeon gave a final peck before leaving the room.

“Yep. Drive safe, Unnie.” And then there was Jungyeon, alone in bed again. How she wished she didn’t agreed to Nayeon’s idea a few months ago to be her friend with benefits.

She thought she could have her feelings wrapped up tightly and not barging out like this right now when she positively and excitedly consented to the idea. But who she was kidding. She knew she had fallen hard for her workmate.

Jungyeon laid on where Nayeon was laying and inhaled the flowery shampoo scent. You’re definitely gonna be the death of me. She thought to herself.

~~~

They met when Jungyeon applied to be junior video producer at one of the biggest production houses in Seoul. That was when she met Nayeon. The older girl was assigned to be her partner, to guide her, to show the workflow and such and they made best friends out of it. The two quickly got close since they felt they completed each other in every ways, from food choices up to lame jokes.

Jungyeon found her comfort in Nayeon because she could share basically anything without being judged. She told the older girl about her dating preferences, which is girls. Nayeon was surprised at first, but she told Jungyeon that it was going to be her secret too. She didn’t judged but sometimes Nayeon asked the silliest question about dating girls technicalities.

For example, the most common question was there, “How you’re going to have with your girlfriends if you don’t have the hardware?” Nayeon blurted out in the midst of their video editing. It was only the two of them present. The older girl had never bluntly asked about anything related to that when there was somebody else around them.

Jungyeon laughed. “Go watch lesbian , Unnie. You’ll figure that out.” She advised.

Or Nayeon mostly asked about Jungyeon’s score for woman just based on the outside appearance. “How about that girl?” The older girl asked once they were having a coffee break in one afternoon.

“Not every girl in this world is hot or what you called ‘my prey’, Unnie.”

“I know that. I just want to know the score…”

Jungyeon sighed. “Fine. Which girl?”

“The one with the tight skimpy red dress by the counter.”

“Out of ten?”

Nayeon nodded.

Jungyeon hummed while looking at the said girl. “Five…?” She looked at Nayeon.

“What?! She has nice bodz…”

The younger girl shrugged and continued munching on her lunch. “Not my type. Too… plump.”

“Am I your type?”

“Nope. Too noisy.” The shorthaired blonde quickly replied.

“YAH!”

Their ‘relationship’ started when that one time Nayeon spent the night at Jungyeon’s apartment because they had a video deadline. In between the break, the older girl innocently suggested that they should watch lesbian together for a pure scientific purpose.

The first few videos were filled with Nayeon’s typical silly questions. But then slowly they got . Surprisingly, the older girl made the bold move and kissed the younger one. Kissing escalated to in a flash.

“We should do that more often. That was mind blowing. You’re sooo…” Nayeon breathlessly said and completed her sentence by planting another deep kiss on Jungyeon.

“Do that more often?”

Nayeon turned to her side and propped her head with her hand. “Yeah. We got to de-stress and no strings attached. You can handle casual, right?” She started to make circles on Jungyeon’s toned arm.

Jungyeon shrugged. “Sure.” She didn’t think further that it would eventually take a toll on her heart.

“Great!” Nayeon kissed Jungyeon one more time before hovering over her. “I like it when you do me deep and hard with your long fingers.” She whispered seductively.

“We have a deadline, Unnie!”

“One more, please.”

Jungyeon quickly surrendered. She flipped their position. “One last time.”

Nayeon excitedly nodded. “ me good, Jungyeon.”

“…” The younger girl got so after she heard the command.

Since then they were friends with benefits.

~~~

“Good morning, Jungyeonnie!” Nayeon as usual cheerfully greeted her neighbor at work.

“Hi Unnie. Why so cheerful?”

“Why so gloomy?” The older girl replied when she saw how unusually dull her best friend. She then scrolled her chair close to Jungyeon until their shoulders touched. “I didn’t worn you out that bad, did I?” She whispered.

“No. I just can’t sleep last night.” Jungyeon calmly answered while turning on her laptop. “What should we do today?” She changed the topic before her brunette beauty started an investigation on why she couldn’t sleep last night.

“Oh yeah. We got the gig for Red Velvet’s newest MV.”

The newest MV?”

“Not the title track.”

“Oh. Okay. So off to meeting with them?”

“Later around noon.”

“Okay.”

~~~

“I suddenly realized something.” Nayeon said while munching on her tteokbokki. Her eyes were following something or rather someone.

“What?” Jungyeon followed Nayeon’s eyes and saw the new employee that has become the hottest topic because of her beauty. “That you can give girls score too now?”

The older girl playfully pushed the younger hand. “No.”

“Then…?”

“I never actually asked you about mine.”

“Yours…?”

“My score according to you. I’m a definite ten, right?”

“Definite ten? Such confidence. What makes you said that?”

“Because I keep getting prettier.”

Jungyeon pretended to gag.

“Yah!” The brunette was now turning violent and went slapping the blonde’s arm several times. When she was done she asked again, “So, what’s my number?”

“Out of ten?”

Nayeon nodded.

Jungyeon tilted her head to the left and right while looking at her so called best friend. “Meh… Six point five.”

“WHAT?! Yah Yoo Jungyeon!”

“Alright alright. I was kidding. You’re… indeterminate.” Jungyeon lied. Of course Nayeon was a perfect ten in her eyes no matter what state she was in, because the latter would always be flawless for her.

“Indeterminate? That’s gotta be the lamest answer you’ve got.”

Jungyeon finished up her lunch. “I can’t give you a score. You’re my best friend. I just can’t.”

“What if we don’t know each other?”

“I can’t Unnie. I can’t pretend that I don’t know you.” The younger girl stood up to throw away her sandwich wrapper.

~~~

One thing that Jungyeon learned was her FWB pretty famous to be asked on a date in their company. And the said girl was being asked at the moment. The shorthaired girl discreetly eavesdropped to the conversation by lowering the volume on her headset.

“…Nope… I don’t have any plan yet for tomorrow.” She heard Nayeon brightly answered the man he recalled named Jinyoung.

“There’s this new steak house I wanted to try out, but the guys are out with their respective girlfriends… So…”

Jungyeon pretended to move her head with random beats and continued editing the raw videos when she felt eyes landed on her. She knew that Nayeon looked at her way.

“Sure, let me know.” Nayeon answered. “You know my number, right?”

“Yep. Alright then, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

The blonde cursed under her breath when she saw the man walked gleefully passed her cubicle. Jungyeon closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She tried to calm the war between her heart and her mind every time Nayeon did what she just did. But she couldn’t blame Nayeon of that action since she was just a mere friend. She glanced at her neighbor before deciding to get a fresh air outside. That was when she realized she was falling for her FWB, falling deeper actually.

~~~

The blonde girl groaned when she heard her doorbell rang several times. She got up from her comfy couch and warm blanket to see whoever ringing her bell. She looked at the small screen on the wall. She quickly opened the door. “What are you doing here?”

“I was around and it was a bit cold so I thought to drop by.” Nayeon grinned before slowly but surely pushing Jungyeon inside.

“Don’t you have a date with Jinyoung-ssi?”

“Yeah.” The older took off her scarf and her coat and carelessly left it on the floor.

“Oh… How was it?”

Nayeon was now latching her arms around Jungyeon’s neck. “I prefer to to you right now.” She crashed their lips together while ing the latter’s pajama top.

An hour later the two lied side by side on Jungyeon’s bed. “Sooo… is there gonna be second date?”

Nayeon huffed. “Uhh… yeah. He asked me and I said yes.”

“Okay. So I take it the date went well…?” The blonde silently cursed on why she kept asking about Nayeon’s date when she didn’t really wanted to know.

“Yeah…” Nayeon propped on her side. “He’s better at flirting than the rest of the guys in the office. I mean, he doesn’t force his advances to me. And he’s actually a fun conversation partner. And plus, he’s cute.”

“I see.” Jungyeon got up from the bed to go the bathroom. She needed to calm her jealousy. “You’re staying tonight?” She asked. She wished Nayeon said yes.

“Yes!” And Nayeon did.

“Do you need PJs?”

“Nope. I just need you.”

Jungyeon smiled when she heard the needy answer. Though she realized that it was only temporary, nevertheless it felt good to be needed. “Okay. Be right back.”

~~~

As what she had expected, Nayeon’s dates with Jinyoung were becoming frequent. Their lunchtime where they usually spent time together got replaced with the couple having their break outside the office. And Jungyeon silently dreading and counting down the days until Nayeon and Jinyoung officially an item. Little did she knew, timing was being a real this point.

“You’re lunching with Jinyoung again?” Jungyeon asked when she saw Nayeon gathering her things without asking her to lunch.

“Uhh… yeah… Sorry Jungyeonnie.”

Jungyeon tried to appear unfazed by the news. “Duh. It’s okay, Unnie.” She intentionally rolled her eyes before grabbing her wallet. “Well then. Have fun.” The younger girl headed downstairs to where their office’s canteen located. An hour later Jungyeon went back to the empty cubicle. She shrugged off her jealousy and decided to fill her mind with work.

Just when her jealousy went away, Nayeon back with a very surprising news. “Guess what!” She excitedly poked her best friend’s upper arm while grinning like a champion.

“What?!”

“Jinyoung and I got together! Like officially together.”

Jungyeon swore she could hear her heart cracking. She couldn’t believe her ears, she didn’t want to believe her ears. Her breath hitched, her head ached and her chest felt like just being shot by a bullet.

“Hello! Jungyeon-ah!!!” Nayeon waved her hand several times in front of the dazed Jungyeon. “Didn’t you hear what I’ve just said?”

“…yeah… Congrats, Unnie!” Jungyeon tried so hard to show happiness to her Unnie.

“Thank you, Jungyeonnie!”

“Right. Gotta get back to work. Tons of editing to be done.”

“Oh yeah right.” Nayeon grinned. “Oh my God, I’m so happy!”

~~~

Never in her life thought that she would be so unlucky in this world. Jungyeon was fatefully stuck with Nayeon and her new boyfriend on one lunch. She had to witness every caring touch the couple exchanged or every loving word that made her sick, made her jealous. But she was well aware she couldn’t protest or even show the slightest hint of her jealousy because… well, because Nayeon wasn’t hers to begin with.

Her heart broke a little bit when she saw Jinyoung stole a kiss on Nayeon’s cheek.

Her heart broke a bit more when she saw Nayeon did the same thing.

But what made her heart hurting so much when she realized that her ‘best friend’ was actually happy with that man. She wanted to be the one who make Nayeon happy. Oh she wanted so bad that it was her the one who did all the things to Nayeon, to take Jinyoung’s place, to claim that Nayeon as her girlfriend.

But then, she could just silently accept her bad luck.

~~~

The two were currently finishing their newest project at Nayeon’s apartment. Nayeon was actually distracted since morning because she thought Jungyeon was so hot that day with the white tee and black blazer, plus glasses. She just couldn’t focus on her work though her target seemed to not knowing that. “Let’s take a break. My eyes are tired.”

“Kay…” Jungyeon moved to seat beside the house owner on the couch and immediately slumped her body against the backrest. “This is the most stressful material I’ve handled.” She let out a very heavy sigh.

“Stressful?” Nayeon asked. “I can make your stress go away…” She said while moving to straddle her FWB.

“What are you doing?” The younger woman looked to her side to avoid the girl who was straddling her that was ready to kiss her. “No Unnie… Don’t…”

“Whyyyy??? We haven’t done it for months!”

“I’m tired.” Jungyeon half-lied. She was really tired but she just didn’t want to have with Nayeon when the other girl was officially in a committed real relationship with someone else. She just didn’t want to be the relationship-wrecker.

  1. promise I’ll do all the work.” The older girl slowly and alluringly moved her hands on the younger’s toned abs.

“No! Stop!” The shorthaired girl forcefully stopped and took out the hands from under her shirt.

“Why?!”

“For the love of God! You have a boyfriend, Unnie! It’s not right!”

Nayeon sneered at the answer. “Since when did you grow your conscience?”

“Since you have a boyfriend. That’s why I cut all of the chances you were trying to create. And… And…” I love you.

“And…?”

“And I really like Sana. And I want to be faithful to her once we’re together.” Jungyeon lied again.

“Sana? Minatozaki Sana the new girl?”

“Yeah.”

Nayeon got up. “Go your Sana!” She then stormed off to her bedroom, not forgetting to slam the door.

~~~

Their relationship tensed up ever since their last encounter that ended up with Nayeon stormed off to her bedroom, leaving Jungyeon awkwardly letting herself out of her place. The two didn’t exchange any kind of communication unless for work.

“Jungyeonnie…”

“Yep?” Jungyeon looked up to find Sana’s head popped up on her cubicle partition. She chuckled. “You gained height? It’s pretty tall.” She was referring to the partition.

Sana pouted. “I tiptoed. Happy? Let’s get lunch. I’m starving.”

The shorthaired woman grinned. “Oh yeah. Wait.” She closed her laptop and took her wallet and phone before going with the Japanese woman. She pretended to look extra happy in front of her cubicle neighbor.

Jungyeon was spending most of her time with Sana because Nayeon always left her alone to have breaks outside the office. And she saw Sana one day sitting alone so she decided to befriend the girl. Although the Japanese girl was cute and pretty, her heart always beat for Nayeon. She tried to like Sana but she just couldn’t.

~~~

Nayeon didn’t know why she was upset that day. She was really in a bad mood she even yelled to her boyfriend when he stole a kiss. Everything that Jinyoung done that day was wrong, so she demanded to just go back to the office and not meeting him for the rest of the day.

She walked passed the canteen and saw Jungyeon happily chit-chatted with this Sana. Sana. She didn’t know why the name angered her so much. Maybe because she was pussyblocking her the other day, she reasoned. But she knew it wasn’t that that made her angry. It was something else, something else that she didn’t know how to define it.

“Fetch me when you’re done, okay?”

The older girl heard this Sana talked to Jungyeon. Fetch? Where are you two going now?

“Yes, Ma’am. I think I can go home on time.” Jungyeon replied.

“Awesome! Movie date is on! Woohoo!”

“You silly girl. Go back to work! I’ll see you later.”

“Bye Jungyeonnie.”

Oh Nayeon hated when Sana called Jungyeon with that. Because she always the one who called the younger girl with that. It was my nickname for her, you snake! She watched Sana walked away before looking at Jungyeon. “Have you finished your video?”

“A bit more, I still needed to oversee the minor flaw before submitting it to you and to the final audio correction.”

“Okay. I need it finish by today. Also I need you to plan the concept plus budget for the next project.”

“Don’t we need to discuss it with everyone before I do it?”

“No. You need to prove yourself that you are capable to do your job!”

“I am capable. What’s with the tone?”

“You’re capable? You even extended your break time! That’s unprofessional!”

“Everyone is extending their breaks. Come on! You’re being ridiculous Unnie.”

“Do not challenge your authority. Got it?”

“Right. I’m sorry Unnie. I will finish it by today.”

For the next few weeks Nayeon had made Jungyeon’s life a living hell. She had double the work pile and became twice y at all times. She done that to prevent the girl went on dates with Sana. “Finished?” The brunette asked when she saw the document handed by her workmate.

“Yes. You can check on that.” Jungyeon said while looking at her watch.

“Why? Are you having a date?”

“Actually no. I want to talk to you.” Jungyeon calmly said.

Nayeon furrowed her brows. “Why?” She asked while checking on Jungyeon’s work.

“I just wanted to talk to you.”

“About?”

Jungyeon turned Nayeon’s chair so she could look the girl in the eye. “Us. About us.”

Nayeon had never felt her heart beat faster before.

~~~

The shorthaired girl could tolerate being pushed at work. It was her responsibility after all. But she realized things went weird when Nayeon started to become cold and harsh. She was not the Nayeon she used to know.

Things got weird when she realized her supervisor got harsher and colder each and every time she interacted with Sana. Her suspicions were right, because by the time she went back from having her lunch with the Japanese girl, Nayeon bombarded her with many tasks.

She wanted to confront her ex-FWB but then again she didn’t want to create any more conflict between them. So Jungyeon did her best to finish the assignment from her boss.

At the end she had enough with the childish action and decided to ask her supervisor about it. She stood up and handed the entire task she was asked to do.

“Finished?” Nayeon asked.

“Yes. You can check on that.” The shorthaired girl confidently answered. She intentionally looked at her watch because she knew Nayeon would ask her about that.

“Why? Are you having a date?” Bingo.

“Actually no. I want to talk to you.” Jungyeon calmly said.

“Why?”

“I just wanted to talk to you.”

“About?”

Jungyeon turned Nayeon’s chair so she could look the girl in the eye. “Us. About us.”

“… O… Okay…”

~~~

The y Nayeon went into silent and restrained Nayeon. She complied with Jungyeon ever since that chair grab motion the younger girl did. She complied because her brain was on reboot and her heart was still skipping a beat faster.

Jungyeon led them to the café they used to spend their time together. “What are we doing?” She cut to the chase.

“What are we doing…?”

“You’re punishing me because I’m going out with Sana?”

“I’m not!”

“Don’t lie to me, Unnie. I know you. I only realized this but you went all HellYeon on me after each and every time I talked to Sana.”

“I did not.”

“Don’t lie to me Im Nayeon.” Jungyeon deeply gazed at Nayeon’s brown orbs.

The older girl closed her eyes and took a deep breath for a second. “I… don’tlikethatyouhangoutwithher.”

“Excuse me, what?”

“I don’t like that you hang out with her. There I said it.”

“Then tell me don’t punish me and acted like a kid, Unnie.”

“I’m not the only one who acted like a kid, you do too!”

“When did I do that?”

“If you don’t like Jinyoung, you don’t have to walk out every time he’s in our cubicle.”

“I don’t like that you hang out with him.”

“Why?”

“Because I like you, Unnie.” The younger girl honestly admitted. “I thought I could handle casual but I couldn’t. I couldn’t—I can’t be casual and I don’t want to be casual when it comes to you. Because you’re special to me. Because I want to be close to you.”

“But…”

“I know. You have Jinyoung. Now you know how I really feel about you, let’s just stop being childish to each other, okay? And don’t be mean to Sana. She’s a great friend.”

“Jungyeon-ah…”

“It’s okay really. Be happy with Jinyoung. It but I have to learn to accept it, your happiness is my happiness.”

~~~

Nayeon’s relationship with Jinyoung lasted a few months after Jungyeon confessed to her. She just lost the spark and she just didn’t want to drag Jinyoung further. “We should break up. I think it’s the best for us.”

“Why?” The man asked. “Did I do something wrong?”

“No, you’re great. But you’re not meant for me. You’re fun, you’re smart, you’re kind, you’re handsome, but…”

“Not meant for you?”

“… yeah…”

“You’ve never loved me the way I loved you anyway.” Jinyoung bitterly smiled. “You love someone else. You even looked at her first the first time I asked you out.”

Nayeon furrowed her brows.

“I thought I could make you love me. But… I thought wrong.” Jinyoung reached her almost-ex-girlfriend’s hands. “Go catch Jungyeon before it’s too late.”

~~~

“We need to talk.” Nayeon said as soon as she saw Jungyeon then dragged her to the emergency stairs.

Jungyeon thought she did something terrible at her work and Nayeon would scold her to death. She was so scared but curious. “Did I mess something up?”

“Yes.”

Jungyeon gulped. “How bad is it?”

“Really bad.”

“What did I mess up?”

“My heart.” Nayeon bravely closed their gap and savor the flavor as long as she could before letting go.

“Wh—“ Jungyeon tried to catch her breath. “Unnie?” She demanded an explanation.

“I love you, Yoo Jungyeon.”

The younger girl tried to process what happened. “You love me?”

Nayeon firmly nodded. “I love you, I want nobody else but you.”

That time Jungyeon swore she could feel fireworks sparked in her chest. “Can we do that again?” She referred to the kiss and leaned in.

Nayeon gladly accepted.

~~~

“How about that girl?” The older girl asked, pointing a girl standing not that far from their table with her chin.

Jungyeon uninterestedly asked. “Which one?”

“That one with the white dress.”

The younger girl looked at their judging target. The said girl was actually pretty and Jungyeon’s type. “She’s an eight actually.” She said to her girlfriend.

Nayeon’s jaw dropped after she heard the quite high score from Jungyeon. “What?? EIGHT? And you gave me six point five????”

“Hey! I changed it, Bunny. You’re my definite eleven, remember?”

Nayeon giggled and smooched her girlfriend’s cheek. “I know. I was just pitching for your praises.”

The shorthaired girl rolled her eyes. “Yeah yeah. Pretty, smart, talented, fun, and successful Nayeon.” She said monotonously.

The brunette clicked her tongue and lightly slapped her girlfriend’s arm. “Repeat that with love.”

Jungyeon chuckled. “You are the most beautiful, smartest, most talented, most fun woman in my eyes. No one can beat you. And I’m so lucky to have you. I love you, Im Nayeon.” She finished her sentences with a loving kiss on her girlfriend’s forehead.

“Yah! Your mayo smeared on my forehead!” Nayeon protested as she wiped her forehead.

“Way to ruin romantic moment, Nayeonnie.”


Updating the other two, don't worry!

I just really need to get this out of my brain. I hope you guys like it!