Comfort

Comfort
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shone on Chanyeol's face amidst the night sky, looking down at him with all its warmth and light.

Baekhyun was caressing his face before he leaned down to kiss Chanyeol for the 100th time that day.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had escaped their busy schedules for a little time in a paradise, its location a secret only they knew of. Their time alone from every thing, lost in their own world... that was paradise and the eighth Wonder of the World, as far as they were concerned.

Chanyeol chuckled as he laid across the plaid, picnic blanket. "This isn't much of a date if you keep this up..."

"And what do you call a date, then?" Baekhyun asked with the sweet smile he always bore, a smile only Chanyeol could summon. "I'm pretty sure dates include lots of kissing, or have we been doing all of this wrong?"

Chanyeol reached up to rub his thumb against Baekhyun's smooth cheeks, slightly sticky from recently sharing chocolate strawberries with one another, along with the kisses that came after each bite. He laughed again from his overjoyed, overfilled heart. "A date has conversation, witty banters, jokes, teasing, sometimes food... candles... the sun or moon... An alluring eye candy for when the date ."

Baekhyun looked up at the moon in thought. "Don't we have all of that? We're talking now. You're witty, I'm a joke. I tease you...and the joke is you thinking you're getting anything from me tonight," he winked. "We just had dinner and dessert. We passed by a store with candles... The moon is watching us like a peeping tom, and...my sun that I would love to wake up to every morning is right here..." Baekhyun kissed Chanyeol's forehead.

Chanyeol took Baekhyun's hands in his, leaving a kiss on his palm. "Hmm... No, I think I will have you tonight. ...And what about the eye candy?"

"Am I not enough to look at? Isn't that what makes all of our short dates, not ? Oh, did you think I would say you? There's your banter and teasing."

Chanyeol shook his head, laughing, as Baekhyun leaned down to kiss him again.

As they rose for air, Chanyeol was now looking down at Baekhyun, arms by his head. He looked all over his face.

Baekhyun could almost feel Chanyeol's gaze, gliding against his skin.

Chanyeol smiled and gave another peck to Baekhyun's lips. "That's poor banter. Good thing you make it up with being cute."

"And being a good kisser!"

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. "Oh? And who taught you?"

Baekhyun's expression turned coy. "Why don't you remind me...?"

Chanyeol growled in need, instantly satisfying the both of them through heady kisses.

They laughed as the two of them tumbled down the grassy hill, screaming at the top of their lungs without a care, and holding onto each other for dear life.

They would never let go.

They promised.

Chanyeol picked off a blade of grass from Baekhyun's hair, looking at him... as if he were the most perfect thing in his life. As if he were the world in his hands... So fragile yet could burden anything he shared with Baekhyun. He would always be his world.

"...I think... I think I-I'm falling for you..." Chanyeol whispered, looking straight into Baekhyun's eyes as his whole body tensed with the clenching of his heart. He spoke words he had been dying to say, words...that always brought tears to his eyes. Words...he was frightened to admit, making everything that more realistic and surreal in a second. "I think...I love you."

A tear escaped Baekhyun's eye before he kissed Chanyeol, making the both of them lost in each other.

Chanyeol pulled away for the last time that night to look into Baekhyun's eyes. He felt his heart squeezing more, making him cry more. Chanyeol could only manage nothing more than a whisper. "If... I-It's okay...if you don't feel the same way o-or if you aren't ready to say it back. I know your feelings... I know with every thing we've been through. I can wait. We have...all the time in the world..."

Baekhyun kissed Chanyeol slowly, sending...words he wasn't ready for. "I will... I will eventually...if I don't already..." he breathed out before claiming Chanyeol's lips.

Chanyeol hadn't realized that with the tears that ran down his face, Baekhyun's cries fell upon his cheeks.

He was crying with him.

Baekhyun knew...this couldn't last...but he didn't have the heart to tell him.

He would. ...Eventually.

Chanyeol's eyes reluctantly opened.

It was another day.

Another day he survived.

He woke up...to his heart still sinking further and further... just as his tears traced his cheeks...his neck...falling to his chest. The source of all the pain.

The gentle touches he once woke up to...were now replace with these endless tears.

Cries...that had begun once he tried to fall asleep and continued into his mornings.

He shivered and let out a quiet sob...as he looked to the space beside him.

Space...that was still neat and tidy.

Space...that wasn't crinkled by its occupant after he rose from bed to surprise him with breakfast or leave love notes before going to work.

Space...that stayed cold

...Because just like Chanyeol... it didn't have Baekhyun anymore.

Chanyeol...brought a hand to his lips, light tingles still there from his dream.

A dream...that had been so real...

A reality...he once had that felt so surreal.

...He should have known.

Dreams...were always dreams.

They're nothing but blissful.

A false serenity...

Which never failed to fade away from him...every morning...

Reminding him...of the exact way Baekhyun had left him.

"W-We can work it out! We can- ...There has to be something I can do... Something I-I can say to change this...please..." Chanyeol pleaded on his knees at the foot of...what was once...their...bed.

Baekhyun stared straight at the floor...blank...empty. ...Not even an apologetic look crossed his face. ...Not once... "...No, Chanyeol...there isn't... There's...nothing to do...because it's not-"

"Don't you dare say...that's it's you, and not me."

"It is."

"E-Even if it is then! If it is, then there's something that I can still do to change your mind! Something! Tell me anything you need, anything you want o-or wanted from me, Baek! Baek, anything...anything... Just don't... Don't do this... This is stupid."

Baekhyun laughed sadly. "No... I was. I was stupid...for thinking I could try..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter