Welcome back kiddo

Have we met before?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi everyone, thanks for the continued interest and reading and reviewing, glad to see that it's being well recieved. ^^ Here's chapter 3

 

 

When Joohyun arrives at the restaurant it is to see Yeri and Joy laughing loudly about something. While Seungwan appears to be deep in thought.

 

"What's so funny?" She asks with a small smile.

 

"Oh, Joohyun-unnie. Hi," Yeri is the first to greet her with a smile.

 

"Hi, unnie. We were just discussing who Seulgi-unnie's favorite was."

 

All 3 of them wait for any type of reaction. They normally don't like to bring up the brunette first. Because no one has any idea how the raven might be feeling that day. Sometimes, Joohyun has literally burst out into tears over conversations regarding her spouse.

 

"Well, that was a pointless talk. Everyone knows that I'm Seul's favorite." Joohyun smiles a bit more, and it makes all three laugh at the eldest. For them to see Joohyun actually smile. It means everything. They all hate the pain she's been in, and if they could they'd gladly erase it.

 

"That is debatable, unnie. If anyone was Seulgi-unnie's favorite. It would be our very own Seungwan-unnie."

 

"Yep." Yeri agrees. "They've been friends since they were small, defeating the long distance odds."

 

Seungwan can only laugh a bit nervously, while Joohyun sends a glare towards the two youngest.

 

"Yah, what happend to Seulrene forever, and never abandoning ship." Joohyun throws the maknae's prior words in their faces. Because,she goes by the English name Irene sometimes. Thus, the Seulrene name began.

 

Joy laughs. "I'm sorry, unnie. But I've always been Team Wenseul."

 

"Yea, me too." Yeri readily nods. "They have the perfect love story." At that both Joy and Yeri high five one another.

 

"Ha, ha. That's very funny, you too." The raven speaks in a deadpan voice that sets everyone off. Being able to sit, joke, and laugh with their friend was something that hadn't been done in quite some time. They all missed Joohyun.

 

"We've missed you, unnie." The youngest declares.

 

"I've missed you guys too." Joohyun nods. 

 

It felt like way too long since everyone got together. Whether it be to watch movies, have game nights, or a simple time of enjoying a good meal.

 

"Joohyun-unnie, are you hungry. We didn't order any food yet."

 

"No, I'm not, thank you. I'll have a smoothie. It looks really good."

 

"Okay, but I'm ordering you something to eat anyway, unnie. Now, that we actually see you in person, expect us to hover."

 

"No that's only your job, omma-nim." Yeri teases Seungwan.

 

"Yah, Kim Yerim. I know where you sleep." She mock threats only to earn some giggles. Unknowing, to the four inside. Two people are passing by when the younger gets sight of the raven-haired female. Eunbi pauses in mid-step, holding on tightly to the takeout box she nearly drops.

 

"Hyoyeon-unnie, isn't that..." She stops while trying to gather her thoughts.

 

"Isn't that..." Hyoyeon repeats, as she follows Eunbi's line of sight. She immediately recognizes who it is.

 

"No," The doctor sounds hesitant. "It's not who you think."

 

"Are you sure, unnie. Because it really..."

 

"No, come on, Eunbi-yah. Let's go, before she notices us."

 

Having no choice, but to follow the blonde doctor. Eunbi let her mind wander, as it often did in situations like this. Why did Dr. Kim lie so blatantly? She seemed very uneasy now, which only confirmed the younger's suspicions. Hyoyeon knew exactly who the raven-haired woman was. In fact, so did she now that Eunbi thought about it. Or, at least she had seen a photo or two of the very pretty raven haired woman.

 

"Why would she lie about knowing Kang Joohyun?" Knowing that she wouldn't get an answer today. Eunbi shelved it for another conversation. Someone would know the answer, even if Hyoyeon refused to say.

Orders of soup and dumplings arrived to which everyone but Joohyun dug in.

 

"Unnie, are you sure you're not hungry?" Joy questions trying to move the bowl towards her.

 

"No, thank you. I want to talk to you guys, though. I'm just nervous to say anything."

 

Seungwan places a comforting hand to her shoulder. None of this is easy for the raven. But these are the closest people to both her and Seulgi. If she can't discuss this with them. She will not with anyone else. 

 

"Tell us, unnie. We're here for you." Yeri promises.

 

"I know, it's just not easy to say. I've kept my thoughts to myself for three years." 

 

Apart from admitting her thoughts about Seulgi to Seungwan. Joohyun has only herself to confide in. She often jots down her thoughts in a journal, while wrapped up in one of her wife's favorite oversized hoodies.

 

"Whatever it is, you can tell us, okay." Joy says firmly. But there is definite concern in her eyes.

 

"Well as you probably know. I had my nightmare again." She has no doubt that as the concerned friend Seungwan is. They already know.

 

"Yea, Wan-unnie told us. Are you okay?" The redhead flinches. "Sorry, that's a stupid question. None of us were okay that night."

 

"No, it's not a stupid question, Joy." Joohyun assures her. "I know I'm not the only person affected by what happened to Seulgi."

 

"Well she was your wife, unnie."

 

"She is my wife." Joohyun corrects, and all the youngest can do is nod. "I haven't really told you all this, but I don't believe she's dead."

 

After her admittance. There was silence for a moment. Neither Joy or Yeri expected for their unnie to tell them that. They know how terribly hard the last 3 years have been on Joohyun, without her wife. Yeri reaches for her hand.

 

"Unnie..." She begins. "Seulgi-unnie is..."

 

"No," The raven cuts her off. "I know it looks bad, and she shouldn't have survived. It's just a feeling I have, okay."

 

Joy bites down on her bottom lip, uneasily. She is trying to figure out what to say. The last thing she wants to do is further upset Joohyun.

 

"Well that's Seulrene for you. Nothing's going to stop that epic love."

 

Joohyun rolls her eyes. "Weren't you on Team Wens

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter