chapter 1

A bittersweet unfinished business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ding dong.

Without even any time to think who could it be at this hour, the door burst open, revealing a straight-faced Taehyung, who pretended to have kicked the door to get in, legs bending every step he slowly took, glancing left and right with his hands intertwined, only the thumbs and the index fingers not bending, turning against Jimin, pointing his hands toward him, screaming: “Freeze.”

"Ah, Goddamn it! It's you, Tae.. You scared the hell out of me, you brat! Next time, warn me before coming in like that! It's not like you live here, you know. Plus, it's late; my neighbors are going to complain about your loudness again!" Jimin called out, pretending to be angry at his friend, slightly turning around to hide a smile.

"Well, this is my home too," Taehyung responded, raising a finger before jumping over Jimin, who was looking at him with a confused expression. His eyebrows furrowed. "You are my best friend, so I can say that this is my best home. The neighbors are my best neighbors, and they love me!"

Jimin chuckled, shaking his head at his friend's statement and elbowed him, who literally threw himself in Jimin's arms, smiling from ear to ear while hugging him tightly.

The two of them were really close, they were attending the same university, but different courses, and met there for the very first time. It seemed like yesterday when Jimin was desperatly standing in front of a vending machine, pressing the button nonstop without any confidence, knowing that nothing would have come down because the vending machine had eaten his money, and that was when Taehyung appeared. After making some strange moves, which Jimin failed to figure out if it had been a vain attempt to imitate Bruce Lee or Rock Lee, Taehyung kicked the glass of the vending machine allowing a can of coca cola, which was stuck, to come down and he gave it to Jimin, along with his particular friendly smile.

"What the hell do you have on your face? You look like a porcelain doll!" Suddenly Taehyung banged looking at his friend with an half-disgusted expression, rubbing his hand on his face.

"Um.. I'm going out, I have plans for tonight," Jimin said looking down at his feet, feeling his cheeks flush a little. "Do I look that bad? I didn't think I have put that much makeup on," he asked suddenly looking at Taehyung with an anxious face before throwing himself over the mirror to try and save what could still be saved.

"Hoseok, eh?" Taehyung grinned, looking at Jimin through the reflection of the bathroom mirror while various shades of red appeared on his friend's face. "You know, I am not that fond of that guy, he has something suspicious, he's too much, too much-"

"Too much what, Tae?" Jimin interrupted him, turning around to look at his friend with a mixed expression, something between frustrated and disappointed, a little pout on his lips.

"He's too cheerful; it's like he's permanently under the influence of drugs! I mean, does he never get tired of being active? It's almost absurd to think! That guy is definitely suspicious," Taehyung said, crossing his arms around his chest after having shaken them ridiculously, trying to mime the said guy's movements.

Jimin laughed at his friend's funny behavior while opening up his arms, standing in front of him before doing a pirouette. “How do I look?” he asked Taehyung sheepishly. He was wearing one of his favorite outfits, a pair of dark jeans, low-rise, knees ripped open to almost the thigh and a loose, white tank top with light blue stripes and a dark, midnight blue leather jacket.

“Hmm.. not bad, I guess,” Taehyung answered, trying to sound unaffected while his eyes widened, trying to take in how gorgeous his best friend actually was.

“Thank you.” Jimin giggled, running a hand through his bangs before accidentally noticing his wristwatch. "11 P.M. It's 11 P.M Tae! I'm ing late! Oh my god,” Jimin shouted, pushing his friend to the side to run left and right to pick up his stuff before putting his shoes on and rush out.

"I wonder why I'm not surprised.. I still don't understand if this is a strategy of yours to play hard to get or if you just act like this, because you're careless," Taehyung wondered. "Come on Cinderella, where do you have to go?"

"Roxy."

"Eh? But it's my dad's pub, and it's in Hongdae, how are you planning' on getting there without a car?"

"Ehm.. by bus-"

"Don't even think about it!” Taehyung cut him off. “It'll take you too long to get there. Come on, come with me!" he said, grabbing Jimin by the sleeve and pulling him out of the apartment, closing the door behind him. "I'll give you a ride."

"Sure? Thank you.. as usual you're saving my life," Jimin whispered, putting his free hand on his friend's shoulder, squeezing a little, as a way of thanking him.

"No need, it's not a problem for me Cinderella. Plus you know, wherever I go, there's always someone interested in me - I'm not extremely good looking for nothing!" Taehyung admitted, raising his eyebrows confidently.

Jimin slapped his friend's arm lightly while getting in the car and after a grin Taehyung turned the engine on, starting the car.

Taehyung was right - he really was a handsome guy. He had the same age as Jimin, but he was a bit taller than him, less robust, but still well-kept. He was considered as an ulzzang by everyone, and when he smiled, his mouth tended to take the shape of a rectangle. Taehyung was like an oversized kid, who was too intelligent and wise for his age. Taehyung was also quite famous - especially among the boys of their age, since he was the son of Kim Seokjin, probably one of the richest men in Seoul, not considering that he owned several hotels and bars. He was the CEO of the Kim Corporation, the third biggest industry in Korea. At first, Jimin didn't even understand how a guy like Taehyung would want to be his friend. In short, Jimin was just a normal guy. He never thought he had anything special, and yet despite everything, after their meeting over the vending machine, Taehyung continued to try to interact with him, in the most absurd ways, without any regard and without fear of being judged as a ridiculous or heavy person. Jimin was very grateful for that, because Taehyung was at the moment the closest friend he had, maybe even the only one.

"Hey princess, we're here, you've been quiet throughout the all trip here, what were you thinking about? Hoseok eh..?" Taehyung inquired, bending towards his friend, raising his eyebrows in order to .

"Actually, I was thinking about you. About how happy I am to have you as a friend and how grateful I am that I didn't report you for stalking me three years ago. You followed me everywhere, like a dog," Jimin admitted with a smile, getting a boxy smile in return from Taehyung, who was applauding and shaking hands to himself for the good work done.

The two started walking toward the entrance of the pub, where the bouncer let them pass without even making a queue, after having received a nod from Taehyung. It was certainly convenient to have the son of the owner of the place as a friend.

Once Jimin entered he was astonished. It was the very first time that he had set foot in Roxy. He knew the bar was fancy, but this wasn't surely what he expected. It developed on three levels: on the ground floor there was a loung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter