Two

The Inn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghyuck didn't want to be here.  Not even after Taeil gave him puppy eyes, and especially not now that he was actually here.  He held back a laugh when the owner (John?  Jake?  Who knows.) told him "the nightly rules."  Donghyuck almost laughed.  The owner handed Taeil the key to their room and gave directions.

His cousin smacked his head as soon as Johnny was out of earshot.  "Listen, kid.  I don't care what happened that made your parents dump you on me, but I'd really appreciate if if you didn't ruin this job for me.  Money's been tight recently."

Donghyuck looked at his feet.  "Yeah.  Sorry."

Taeil seemed to be over it quickly.  God, he was weird.  That was the most serious Donghyuck had ever seen him, but it was gone in a flash.

The older smiled brightly and led the way to their room.  Donghyuck slung the door open and flopped onto the bed.  "Dibs!"

"I'm older than you and my bones are more brittle.  You get the pullout bed."  Taeil grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the bed.  Donghyuck grumbled, but conceded.  As he got up to walk to the couch, he suddenly tripped and face planted.  He could have sworn he heard a snicker.  This didn't scare him, though.  It could've been someone in another room, and ghosts weren't real.

Taeil laughed and helped him to his feet.  "What happened?"

"Nothing.  I just tripped over that..."  Donghyuck looked and saw there was nothing to trip over.  "Nevermind.  I'm just tired."

Taeil seemed skeptical.  "Alright, let's sleep.  We'll set up the equipment tomorrow."

The younger took the cushions off the couch and grabbed the handle to the bed.  He grunted and yanked it, but it didn't move.  He heard another laugh and considered going to the neighbors and telling them to quiet down.  He pulled harder.  It didn't budge.

"Hyuckkie, you have to be smarter than the bed."  Taeil was making fun of him.

"Fine!  Why don't you try to do it?"

He grabbed the handle and pulled the bed out easily.  Donghyuck stared at him in wonder.  "How?"

"Smarter than the bed."  Taeil patted his head.  He flopped in bed and was out like a light.

The teen complained quietly enough that he wouldn't hear and put a sheet on the bed.  He heard more laughing as it kept coming off right when he was almost done.  He ignored the neighbors and decided to just forget the sheet.  Donghyuck was tired.  

He lay on the uncomfortable, thin bed and eventually drifted off to sleep.

 

Donghyuck woke to a noise.  Was the water runn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter