Preemptive Kiss

I Like Me Better

 


“We looked at each other a little too long to be just friends...or is it just me?”


 

  1. Seulgi’s dense. (But she was formerly so smart, maybe because of all the flicking of forehead? But I believe she is still academically competent though.)
  2. She likes Pringles. (She doesn’t care much about her kidneys. And don’t get offended if you feel like she loves it more than you because it’s partly true.)
  3. She has the tendency to become messy. BUT she’s trying her best to be clean. (So please be patient with the poor bear. Btw, she’s very unmindful of being sweaty. Please scold her whenever!)
  4. If she lets your being touchy without you getting hurt, consider yourself lucky.
  5. No amorous gene transcription in her DNA (expect rough kind of skin-ship or no skin-ship at all)
  6. Tangerine suits her best.
  7. You’ll always encounter rivals (of both genders) because she’s really talented and charismatic. (Get used to it!)
  8. She’s a really a shy bear. Her feelings are always concealed, 8.5. And LAME.
  9. She’s CORNY AND NO JAM! (But that’s where her charm is coming from.)
  10. Once she tolerates #4 and deviates #5 for you, start offering eggs and rice cakes to the gods you know for thanks giving.

 

These were the ten things included in the Chronicles of Kang Seulgi written by none other than her Thai best friend Pattie which was given to Joohyun just before leaving South Korea.

 

Joohyun and Pattie eventually became friends despite of Joohyun’s jealousy towards the Thai belle because it turned out that she’s even more willing to help the wall-flower in getting closer with Seulgi. Because as much as she would want to spend her days like before with the human bear, she can’t because her life and career are in Thailand. And yes, she saw that Joohyun will take care of her dear bear very well. (NOT TO MENTION, SHE SENSED THE UNDENIABLE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THE TWO THAT THE ACTUAL INDIVIDUALS INVOLVED WERE BOTH OBLIVIOUS TO SENSE THEMSELVES, OR WERE THEY JUST IN DENIAL?)

 

 

 

It has been a few months since Pattie visited Seulgi in South Korea and had a girl-on-girl, heart-to-heart talk with Joohyun about Seulgi when the Thai best friend of human bear accompanied her for her eye vision check-up and brought her contact lenses just as she promised the day before she returned to Thailand.

 

Or pretty much, you can call it an all-over makeover since the Thai belle shopped ‘appropriate’ clothes for her that will make her look like a Seoul kid. And that Pattie told her to often tie her hair up to flaunt to everyone her beautiful face. Because heck, she’s got a face that doesn’t fit here on earth...her visual is sooo ethereal!

 

 

It was just ten days before Christmas and it was the last day of their December classes. There was nothing much to do, and no more topics to be discussed in every subjects since their last day of exam was finished yesterday. Basically, it was a free day but they still have to go to school since SNU announced that the start of their Christmas vacation starts the day after.

 

Seulgi and Joohyun together with their other four friends were the only people left in their Pathology room. Other students hate hanging out in there because of the strong stench of formalin all over that area but the human bear’s group kind of deviates the norm. They didn’t care much about the formalin stench and that they often reason out that the air-conditioning system there was pretty good they’d choose to stay there because all of them dislikes sweating.

 

Or was it just that they were getting a low-key free pot session with the formalin stench inside the room?

 

Jisoo brought her puppy Dalgom with her that day. She and Seulgi were playing with it in a square corner of the room. While Lisa, Chaeyoung and Jennie were busy dolling up Joohyun. The two chodings were just but pretty faces and got zero knowledge about make-ups and girl whatnot so they shut themselves into another realm and let their other friends do their own ‘girly’ things.

 

 

Jisoo was feeding her pup a cookie treat when the fur-ball suddenly her lips. Of course she is its owner, and the pup has been doing it to her every single day that it became a normal thing for her.

 

Then she suddenly asked Seulgi, “Gom, who was your first kiss?”

 

“Eh, first kiss?” Seulgi chuckled. “Where did you get that question?” The human bear knows that Jisoo knows her very well. Both of them saw each other grow up and that they are but kids who are late bloomers and still haven’t experience any kinds of romance ever in their entire existence.

 

“Is it that bad to ask? It just crossed my mind.” The four-dimensional belle bluntly retorts.

 

The bear-like girl shook her head and honestly confessed. “I never had one.”

 

“You want to experience it now?” Jisoo held her playful puppy with both her hands and raised it in front of Seulgi’s face.

 

“What do yo -YAH!” Seulgi protested as the puppy ecstatically her lips all the way up to her nose. Leaving her face drenched with dog drool.

 

Jisoo laughed at her hysterically.

 

 

Indirect Kiss! You and your greasy moves Kim Jisoo!!! The Daegu wall-flower almost stood up from her seat to revolt as she silently watches Seulgi and Jisoo doing their thing on the other side of the room. Maybe Seulgi didn’t get what Jisoo had exactly plotted on her.

 

“Wait a sec, you’re not done yet!” Jennie pulled Joohyun back in her seat as she finishes the small touches of the older belle’s hair curls.

 

“Gosh, why do you have to hide your pretty face all this time Hyun-unnie?” Chaeyoung grins, as if fan-girling towards Joohyun as she applies a light pink lip tint on Joohyun’s lips. “Perfect!”

 

“If you’re like this every day, I’m sure their attention will be divided into three, and not just with those chodings right there!” Lisa pertained to both Seulgi and Jisoo who are oblivious of the magic they just did to Joohyun. “Seulgom! Chichoo-ah!” She called their names beckoning them to join in.

 

 

“WHAT!” Jisoo shrieks as she turned to Lisa. Seulgi was getting even at her by making her smell her foot socks. “What the hell Kang! Why does it smell salty?” She complained in disgust pinching her own nose to avoid the stench.

 

“Serves you right Kim!” Seulgi childishly mocks the former. “What is it Lisa?”

 

 

“TADA!” Lisa moves aside and let their other two friends the wall-flower -turned-ethereal beauty Joohyun.

 

“Seulgi...” She shyly began wanting to scold the human bear for her rather disgusting pun towards Jisoo. But she was not so used to her face being so exposed. Her hair neatly tied up, and her round nerdy glasses which covers almost of her face all this time has gone now. She bashfully attempts to scold the former, “...d-don’t do that to Jisoo. That’s very imp...impolite.” The way her friends looks at her kind of make her feel embarrassed, especially the way the human-bear stares at her. It’s like she’s the only person in front of her. Hence, she’s not used to the amount of attention she was getting.

 

Seulgi’s mouth automatically agape at the drop-dead gorgeous female deity in front of her. DEITY it is...she mentally notes because the word beauty is an understatement adjective with the kind of face that Joohyun has. “U-uh, o-o-okay...I’m sorry Hyun. I won’t do it again.” She mindlessly dropped the foot sock like an obedient god servant willing to do everything that her deity would want her to do.

 

“What can you say chodings? Uri Joohyun-noona is really pretty right?” Jennie kind of brags of Joohyun for taking part of their eldest friend’s make-over.

 

“Pretty Hyun-unnie.” Jisoo agreed with two-thumbs up as she notices the human-bear’s stupid dazed facial reaction. She closes the former’s slightly agape mouth just in case that a fly might enter . “I won’t argue that Hyun-unnie is pretty or not because I’d be lying if i say that she’s not. But kindly close your mouth Seulgi. Please don’t embarrass yourself!”

 

 

The bear-like girl idiotically nods still in daze of Joohyun. When god let the heavens shower beauty here on earth you were too awake and must have bathed so well Hyun. “Y-Y-yeppeo.” She stutters.

 

“Look at her, she’s like a creep!” Jisoo began messing with Seulgi as she in front of their friends. Then she drank from the water she’s been balancing on her shoulder a while ago. “I don’t know whether I should wash your face with this or if I’ll just give you what’s left.” She gave the bottled water to Seulgi. “...but here. Get a hold of yourself Gom!”

 

Then Seulgi drinks the water given to her by Jisoo.

 

Oh shiz! Another indirect kiss! What’s the use of dolling-up like this when they did indirect kiss in front of me twice in a row just now!?!? Joohyun mentally complained.

 

Was she right? Or was she just over-thinking?

 

Jealous much?

 

Definitely.

 

 

Beauty alone isn’t enough, when Jisoo have scored twice in a row without Seulgi knowing.

 

Or the indirect kiss thing is just a cause of Joohyun’s over-analyzing? Because Jisoo and Seulgi have been friends long enough to share their drinks with each other.

 

I have to score! Beauty alone won’t do. Joohyun concludes, determined that she just can’t let Jisoo do whatever to the human bear alone.

 

 

 

-----

 

That day was also not so different from others days when Seulgi would drive Joohyun to her apartment only that it will be the last day of their school since Christmas break was about to start. They’ll be seeing each other on the second week of January of the following year if Joohyun will spend her entire break in Daegu. She will definitely miss Seulgi.

 

Joohyun lets Seulgi rest for a bit in her apartment as she packs the things she will bring with her back in Daegu. The bear-like girl was exhausted for her practicing a dance number with Lisa and even insisted on driving her home.

 

“Where are you going to spend your Christmas Seulgi?” She asks giving the latter a glass of water as the bear-like girl sits on the sofa of her living room.

 

“Thanks.” Seulgi’s was obviously exhausted as he chugged down the glass of water that the latter gave her in one go. “Hmm, just here.”

 

“Just here with your family?”

 

Seulgi shook her head. “My parents will be back from Singapore on the 28th. So I guess I’d be spending Christmas alone again…or with some relatives in Ansan, about that…if I’m not lazy to visit them there on the 25th.” She responds, as if it was a natural thing to her already. Or it has always been like that for too long it that it eventually becomes normal to her to spend the Christmas holiday alone.

 

“Really?” Joohyun asks in disbelief. “But it’s Christmas…families should spend their time together during that day, and even if I’m not really close with my parents I still make a way to spend my Christmas with them. She elaborates, Seulgi is aware that the former has a not-so-good kind of relationship with her parents after a tragedy that occurred seven years ago which took her younger siblings’ lives. Her sisters’ Sooyoung and Yerim died when their old house in Daegu got burned by an electric post that collapsed to their house one rainy night.

 

“Holidays aren’t so important to my family, Hyun.” Seulgi responds as she lazily plopped herself in the sofa. “May I sleep for a bit? It feels like my legs are going to come off…I don’t know what’s wrong with me but I can’t make splits.”

 

The older laughs recalling the times whenever Seulgi would ask her to practice full splits with her. The bear-like girl was too inflexible that she was the one who mastered the full split instead. “They say you can’t have it all Seulgi bear.” She jested. “…it’s enough that you’re one of the best newbie who joined the dance company. It has only been two months and look at you and Lisa gaining the royalty.”

 

“But you know, splits are supposed to be a basic for a dancer Hyun.” The bear-like girl huffs in frustration to herself as she flashes a proud smile to the older belle. “You’re so good Hyun!” Then she playfully pulled the former’s arms to lay down beside her. She began teasing, “You’re getting old Hyun, and you should also rest.” Then she enveloped the latter into a bear hug.

 

Just what are you doing right now Kang Seulgi? Joohyun mentally complains feeling the younger girl’s breath hitting her left cheek. Her face furiously blushed realizing their close proximity.

 

What happened to Chronicle #5?

 

Soon, she heard soft snores coming from the human bear beside her. She slowly turned her body facing her. Seulgi has already gone to dreamland and by the way her body stayed still one position she could tell that the former was already in a deep slumber.

 

Amazing!

 

She just got trapped in a human bear’s arms and was afraid to make a huge movement worried that she might wake the latter. She was left with no choice but to stay still in her place.

 

I’m supposed to be packing my stuffs you know? She mentally scolds Seulgi as she watches the former’s log-like kind of sleeping. This time, she finally noticed the exact points of Seulgi’s face which makes her resemble a cute teddy bear – their other friends was right. Seulgi’s facial features are of an ancient Korean blips. Her heart almost always can’t handle it whenever the bear-like girl will flash her signature eye-smile, her already small eyes disappears in a thin line and those toothy white teeth of her completes her dashing side.

 

“Seulgi…Seulgi.” She softly called the latter’s name again hoping that the former will move a bit so that she can get up. But unfortunately, Seulgi’s was really in a deep slumber at that time.

 

Or she’s fortunate because she can finally kiss her?

 

A smile slowly crept on her face as her eyes automatically looked down to see the sleeping girl’s lips.

 

Seulgi’s pair were really inviting.

 

Tempting.

 

To the point that Joohyun can’t think straight. She also became selfish all of a sudden, wanting it to be her to get the first kiss of the former. Directly.

 

She shook her head as she hesitates for a moment. Contemplating whether to capture Seulgi’s with hers.

 

What if the former suddenly wakes up? She’ll definitely become a ert in her eyes.

 

What if Jisoo braves up before her and gets Seulgi’s first kiss before her? Then it’s over.

 

No one’s watching, so it’s not a crime right? I’ll just make it ‘REAL QUICK!’ If I’m not going to be Seulgi’s first kiss then no one CAN ever be and no one WILL ever be. She inwardly proclaims.

 

Then she slowly leans forward and steals a quick peck on Seulgi’s lips.

 

She blushed, feeling the former’s pair was too soft for her liking.

 

So she leans-in for another one.

 

Good. The latter did not budge and remained like a log.

 

She leans in for a quick third one.

 

She grins as the former’s lips slightly gaped.

 

Confirming that the latter is in another realm, she decided to lean closer for the last time.

 

She then slightly opened as she captures the former’s pair for the fourth time, but this time lingering a little more. But to her surprise, the former’s embrace got even tighter, until the distance between them were no more.

 

 

Unfortunately and oh soooooo fortunately at the same time, she couldn’t pull away from the former.

 

 

 

Seulgi just please don’t open your eyes yet!

 

 

 

 

Joohyun cannot help herself not to feel guilty stealing Seulgi’s first during her sleep. She mentally cusses to herself why did she exactly do that.

And the other questions started bombarding her precious mind, she wished she could just solve a hundred mathematics questions instead.

Why is Seulgi so special for her?

Why Seulgi is the first and the last person she thinks every single day?

Why it that the whole darn zoo is inside her stomach whenever Seulgi smiles at her?

Why is Jisoo and Pattie so annoying to her eyes? Also Dalgom, Jisoo’s puppy who the bear-like girl’s lips?

Why is it sometimes Lisa, Jennie, and Chaeyoung are okay to all disappear even if they are their laboratory group mates and have to work with them in each laboratory activities?

Why is it a big deal that it has to be her to get Seulgi’s first kiss?

 

These questions are really crazy, and unreasonable at some point. Too difficult to answer. Thus, it all falls down into one conclusion that she likes herself more now that Seulgi’s around.

 

Just the two of them.

 

 

-----

 

Another day has passed and her mind was left in Seoul. Joohyun arrived in Daegu safely that night, but the unhappy look of Seulgi when she left made her preoccupied.

 

“Do you really have to go home tonight Hyun?”

“I have to Seulgi, my land-lady will charge additional fee to my rent if I stay until tomorrow.”

“Hmm, if you want you can stay in our house. I’m alone there…I’ll teach you how to play Soul Caliber, the one that I and Jisoo are often playing.”

“But it’s already Christmas break Seulgi…I can’t – “

“Hmm, okay…I hope you’ll have a great time there, Hyun.”

Screw that she turned down Seulgi’s offer to stay longer because of the mention of Jisoo’s name.

But the hell?

What’s wrong with the mention of Jisoo’s name? Why she was suddenly infuriated?

Does she have that crazy girl-crush towards the human bear?

Or is it more than that?

Because she acted a little overboard if she says that she plainly wanted to be closer to Seulgi.

 

She can only answer these bewildering thoughts only when she returns to Seoul and meet the bear-like girl face-to-face.

 

 

 

 

The next day came, and so she did…

 

But the heavens were seemingly throwing tantrums on earth. It was already snowing and rain made it even worse.

 

BUT then again, the terrible weather won’t be enough reason for Joohyun not to return to Seoul and meet her human bear Seulgi.

 

It was one heck of a stormy afternoon when Joohyun dropped off at the front of Kang residence. She tried her best to keep herself dry, but the wind blew aggressively and the rain poured heavily which destroyed her poor umbrella. Thus, making her like a poor bunny soaked in the rain. To make things even worse, the heavens kept releasing thunder claps which petrifies her to the core.

 

You said house, but why am I in front of a luxurious mansion Kang Seulgi? She thought, slightly feeling intimidated once again. Their social statutes really mattered no matter how many times the bear-like girl says that it really don’t matter. She hesitated to press the doorbell of the front gate.

The heavens roared and released thunders once again as the rain poured even heavier. She couldn’t help not to let out a loud screech. So she finally rang the doorbell.

Few moments later, Seulgi opened the visitor’s entrance.

Her eyes widened at the sight of the older belle standing in front of their gate soaked in the rain. Her lips were already trembling as she hugs herself because of the freaking awful weather. She quickly pulls the former inside helping her carry her things.

 

 

 

 

“Hyun, why are you here? I thought you’d be spending the entire Christmas vaca with your family in Daegu?” Seulgi asks as she dries the older belle’s hair with a bathing towel.

But Joohyun remained mum because Seulgi will find it weird if she says her reason of course.

“Here, done.” the bear-like girl grins completely drying Joohyun’s hair, purposely shaping the older belle’s hair into a towering cone. “Hyun...cute.” She almost incoherently muttered but Joohyun was still able to hear it which made her feel wuss out lowering her head.

 

Seulgi was persistent to know her reason of suddenly returning to Seoul. “Hmm?” She pried the latter leaning closer to her face.

 

Joohyun couldn’t lift her head and look at her into the eyes properly. BECAUSE AGAIN, Seulgi might find her reason really weird and might shy away from her.

 

Then an extremely loud thunder was heard from the outside. The thunder must be really strong that the electric system inside the mansion briefly fluctuattes.

 

This made Joohyun screech in fear. She got frozen in her place covering both her ears with her hands. “Seulgi…” She whimpers.

The bear-like girl gently lifts the former’s chin with her index finger in order for her to meet her eyes. Joohyun was already teary eyed.

 

“Uh, you’re afraid of -”

 

Then the heaven groans once again as the lighting system of the entire mansion fluctuates for the second time.

 

This time, Seulgi pulled the wall-flower to her chest as she covers both her ears with her hands. She did not ask Joohyun why she suddenly returns to Seoul anymore and presumes, “Maybe you already want me to teach you how to play video games, eh?”

 

Seulgi, so childish.

 

 

 

 

And so, the heavy rain continued pouring. Seulgi decided to let Joohyun sleep with her in her room since the older belle is afraid of thunder and was already feeling a bit unwell. There, she intently played Soul Caliber on her PSP occupying the left space of the bed as Joohyun occupies the right side.

 

A loud screech of the sky was heard again, which made Joohyun release a four octave squeal.

“Seulgi…” She calls the former’s name once again.

 

Seulgi was still a bit off in making close contacts with other people. But Joohyun kept making her that ever since she came into her life a few months ago.

 

She knew that her life will never be the same again because of the former. And maybe learning to become at least a little ‘adhesive’ with her few close peeps is one of the changes she would rather get used to...or maybe just to Joohyun?

 

Hence, she doesn’t really feel bad at all. A bit uncomfortable perhaps. In fact, she rather feels happy about it.

 

Then she pulled Joohyun closer to her as she snakes an arm around her waist. She lets Joohyun occupy the fixure of her neck. “Joohyun-ah, what a scaredy cat are you!” She teased.

“Tch, if you’re just going to make fun of me then don’t!” Joohyun instantly felt annoyed by the latter’s pun. It wasn’t really funny to her at all. “I thought you don’t like people getting close to you.”

 

But instead of letting go, Seulgi just pulled Joohyun closer. “I’m making an exemption this time.” Then she fully faced the former and encircles her other arm to the older belle. “Hyun-ah, I’m here...you can sleep tight.”

 

From that moment on, Joohyun knew that Seulgi is the person she wanted to spend her happy ending with.

 

 

 

-----

 

“February! February!” Jisoo ecstatically chirps as she skillfully balances a half-full water bottle on her right shoulder. “Yah, Gom can you do this already?” She has been teaching Seulgi the water bottle balancing ever since they were fetus.

 

Seulgi knew that the four-dimensional belle was just fooling around and just wanted to mess around her like always. But then she rides along, as she borrows Chayeoung’s half-empty water bottle and tried balancing it to her left shoulder. And she did for five good seconds.

 

“See that Kim Jisoo-ah!” Seulgi brags.

 

“Fine, fine birthday girl!” Jisoo scornfully riposte. “...anyway it’s almost your birthday and also Valentine’s day. But you never had your first kiss!” She teased making their other friends laugh. Well, except Joohyun who is guilty of stealing something.

 

Where’s the connection with her birthday, Valentine’s day, and her first kiss...all in February? Like who’s talking? HAVE YOU EVER HAD YOUR FIRST KISS? She mentally mocks Jisoo for her out of this world savageness towards her. “Yah, how about you?”

 

“Well, I’ve never been kissed! And you are older. So you first…” Jisoo repartee. “So who?”

 

“Dalgom?” Seulgi doubtfully answered.

 

“Dalgomi?” Jennie retorts and all of them makes fun of the forever dense bear. “Animals not counted Gom!”

 

“But she’s a bear.” Lisa jokingly reasons out.

 

“Not funny, Limario!” Chaeyoung thumbs down the Thai girl’s jest calling her with the mistaken pet-name some random ajusshi called her during enrollment.

 

As Joohyun was quietly watching all of them. Her mind completely preoccupied by her stealing of Seulgi’s first kiss during that early evening in her apartment. Her face suddenly became warm.

 

Your first kiss Seulgi... it’s me. The wall-flower thought as her gaze eventually fell onto Seulgi’s lips.

 

 

To get even with Jisoo. Seulgi thought of teasing her, so that she could get even. She then moves closer to Jisoo, and began in a rather luring tone. “Since you’re itching to know Jisoo-ah…” The she whispered to her ear. “...how about let’s do it now?”

Jisoo’s face quickly reddens as she backs away. “W-W-what? BYUNTAE!” Then she throws the half-empty water bottle to Seulgi.

 

The human bear laughs hard at Jisoo’s extremely flustered face. “Kim Jisoo-ah, you should see your face right now!”

“What did she say to you Jisoo?” Jennie asks the four dimensional belle who technically cooed beside her.

 

Joohyun, Lisa and Chayeoung quickly assembles around them.

 

“Kang Seulgi, you Byuntae!” Jisoo points to the human bear laughing like a retard in front of them. “She told me that how about if we do it now?” Her face a little distorted in disgust. “Kang Seulgi you ert!”

 

“Affected!” Seulgi teasingly retorts as she chortles.”Get you there Jisoo!” She pretended shooting a pistol to the four dimensional belle using her index and thumb.

 

“Tch, me?” Jisoo scoffs. But her crimson cheeks doesn’t help her from denying.

 

“Yes. You!” Seulgi stood up and Indian sits in front of Jisoo this time. While the former hid herself behind Jennie and Joohyun.

 

“Guys, hide me from that Byuntae!” the 4D belle buries her face in between Joohyun and Jennie’s shoulders.

 

“Yah Kim Jisoo, aren’t you happy? Now you’re getting a chance to your dear bear, eh?” Jennie teases the former who was hiding from her back. It’s known to them that Jisoo’s having a childish girl-crush towards Seulgi. She then pulls Jisoo from behind. “Seulgi, here she is you can kiss her anywhere you want.”

 

“HIHI!” the bear girl lets out an evil laugh as she comes closer to Joohyun, Jennie and Jisoo. As she takes Jisoo by her arm, she saw Joohyun’s straight face.

 

“Aisshh, bear let go!” the 4D belle protested as she jerks off Seulgi’s hand away from her.

 

The bear-like girl automatically stopped teasing the former as her attention qucikly shifts to the somewhat upset Joohyun. “Hyun?”

 

The older belle suddenly stood up and walks out.

 

“Uh-oh...someone’s really jealous.” Jisoo, Jennie, Lisa and Chaeyoung chorused as they watched the former’s back fade at the distance.

 

“What have you done Kang?” the 4D belle asks the human bear musing to Joohyun who just stepped out of the room.

Seulgi shrugs completely unaware of what she has done wrong.

“You dumb! That kind of walk out needs to be followed!” Jennie lightly hits the back of Seulgi’s head. “Go, Pabo!”

 

And just like what her friend suggested, Seulgi chases after Joohyun.

 

 

 

“Hyun! Hyun!” Seulgi automatically grabs the older belle’s hand as soon as she gets in to her pace and stops her in the middle of an old empty hallway of Aquinas. The hall was rather familiar because of the Spanish paintings and sculptures that were there. She smiled recalling the very first time they met, it was particularly in that hallway.

That moment was fate.

 

“Hyun.” She held onto the latter’s hand firmly this time. “Look…” She mused at the place.

 

“Look at what?” Joohyun quickly retorts the latter’s hand.

 

Then Seulgi suddenly faced the latter directly and held both of her hands. “Don’t you remember anything here?” She then takes a quick look around them. “As in here.” She ecstatically mused, as she eventually lets out a dashing eye smile.

 

Joohyun can’t help not to blush at the former’s expression. Seulgi’s smile had become her favorite. “W-What about this place?” Then she looked around as well.

“First day... Hyun-yah!” Seulgi reminded the latter imitating Joohyun’s Satoori accent.

 

She remembers? Joohyun lets out a bashful smile knowing that Seulgi remembers small things about them. “You...you still remember?”

 

Seulgi nods letting go of the latter’s left hand as she held on her right and slowly interlaces her fingers with hers. “Hmm” She nods.

“I thought you’re just good at joking around, especially with Jisoo.” Joohyun suddenly brought out. Apparently, she’s still a little jealous of the latter.

 

“Huh? Of course, I remember this!”

 

“Are you sure?” Joohyun tries to pry once again.

 

Seulgi pulled the former closer and wraps an arm around the former’s waist. Then she rests her chin on the former’s right shoulder. “When it comes to you I will always remember Hyun, I’m always sure.”

 

 

Again, where did Chronicle #5 go?

 

 

“I thought you hate skin-ships Seulgi?” the older belle jokingly asks the former in order to lighten up the tension building inside her stomach. The entire darn zoo's inside her stomach once again because of Seulgi.

“Because you’re upset again.” Seulgi automatically reasons out. “...I noticed that you only calm down once you are being held close.”

 

If you’re the one holding me close. Joohyun mentally responds to the latter, as she smiles inwardly being in the most comfortable place on earth at that very moment. Not really in that old Aquinas hallway, but right inside Seulgi’s arms.

 

 

 

 

 

Whoever had the love at first sight towards the other still remained a puzzle. As Seulgi will forever be thinking that it was Dalgom who stole her first kiss.

Seulgi often claims that she was the one who experienced the love at first sight between them.

But Joohyun’s rather acting the same way.

Perhaps, it was fate.

Love sprung in between them like automatic the moment their eyes first met.

 

 

 

But then again, neither of them is willing to confess yet.

So let’s just conceal it by the "lamest & most pretentious" title which in denial people in love often use to sugar coat their real score - best friends.

 

 


Author's Note:

  • So guys, what do you think? Please don't forget to Comment and Subscribe. This is the last chapter of this prologue I hope you guys enjoyed reading this! Btw, if anyone can make a short review of this prologue...please do so! I'd like to know my strong and weak points as an author so that I can futher improve my writing!Thank you so much guys!