Friends or a little bit more than that?

Are we just friends or a little more?

 

 

Liui huffed silently. He was frustrated. “Who would have thought teaching English would be oh so difficult!!!!”  He thought as he was close to pulling his hair out of frustration.

 

“God, I didn't know it was this hard” as they keep repeating the word “buko” for the nth time. Ever since that live he had made sure that he would be helping his Dima to learn English. He pouted as his Dima had to say goodbye because it was way too late in St.Petersburg

 

“Liui, i sleep. Very late” Dima said trying to fought off the yawn. Liui felt his heart sank. He gave his friend a smile (or are they really just  friends?. Liui tries to ignore the butterflies moving around his stomach as he watch Dima trying to fight off the sleep as he tried to say goodbye properly)

 

“доброй ночи,Мой Дима” He said as he gave the other guy a soft smile. Dima smiled softly.

 

“Good night,my Kartoshka. Next days we talk longer” Dima said in his broken English, giving him the sweetest smile that he has ever seen.

 

Liui knew his soul just left his body from that smile.



 

“Nixxxxxxxx, he is so precious” Liui moaned like lovelorn puppy as Nix sighed from the nth time. She knew who Liui was referring to. As sweet as it may sound, she knew Liui was so clueless when it comes to this kind of things.

 

“Yes, Liui. I know Guri is precious.” She said smiling at her friend who was scrolling over Dima’s instagram.  Nix sighed as he watch Liui cooing over Dima’s photographs.

 

“Liui is so whipped” she thought as she watch her friend fawn even more as he looked at their photo’s together. “ I wonder if he knows that he is so whipped” Nix thought to herself as she watched Liui even more.

 

“Liui, your eyes are forming hearts. Are you sure that you guys are just friends?” Nix said as he watched Liui stopped fawning and look at her like as if he she had grown another head.


 

“NIXXXXXXXX” he said as if he was scandalized by those words. Nix laughed at his expression. Liui knew he is so screwed.


 

Liui had so many friends. He has his gang, his cosplay pals and people he meets in his travels. He likes hanging out with them. He likes to joke with them and spend time with them. However, it feels different with Dima.

 

With Dima, things becomes like cliched love stories that he sees in movies. It feels like time would stand still over them. He misses him even more. He likes it when Dima calls him “his husbando” and he loves it when he indulges him with his joke. Having him around was so easy. Liui tried to ignore his thumping heart as he decided to change the topic with Nix.


 

Liui would often find himself looking at Dima’s pictures lately. (Nix had been teasing him relentlessly and Joel called him a “stalker” a couple of times which he begs to differ. No, Liui Aquino is not a STALKER. He just know when to admire someone with aesthetics like his Dima). He would often find him so squishy and endearing. They would still call each other. However, they can’t spend time for longer period of time because of the upcoming cosplay events.

 

Days passed, weeks passed Liui felt a pang of longing as he missed his Dima even more. He missed those frustrating English classes where they argued how to say buko which still ends up to Boku.

 

“Maybe this is what they say that distance makes the heart grow fonder” he grumbles to himself as he willed his phone to ping that he has a new message from Dima.

 

‘What’s wrong?” Nix nudge him as they met in a cafe one afternoon. Liui had that kicked puppy eyed look. Nix heaved a sigh and smiled at him

 

“Maybe he is just busy” she said nonchalantly as she took a sip on her cup.

“But why is he ignoring me? Can’t he send me a message saying that he is alive and all? Why is he forgetting me?” Liui ranted as he continued to pout. Nix looked so surprise because of his outburst and then laughed heartily.

 

“Liui, if you say that you guys are just friends i might have to hit you hard on the head” she said pretty much amused

 

“No, we are--” He was about to defend himself

 

“No. you stare at his pictures way too much. You love to talk to him til dawn and you never stop cooing, fawning and praising him. Isn’t it way too obvious that you like him a little too much?” Nix said as she raised her brows at Liui who fell silent from her words.

 

Yup. Liui was definitely screwed.

 

It took days for Liui to realized that he may have a  crush on the pretty Russian cosplayer


 

Coming to terms with his newfound feelings for Dima was something Liui didn’t expect. It was hard. He was missing him too much. He missed the laughter and the phone calls, the exchanged messages and the pictures that they would often send each other. Everyday he finds himself treasuring those little moments even more, heck he even misses their English lessons too.

 

Liui was so absorbed on his thoughts when suddenly a certain instagram post had his throat dried up and knock the wind out of his lungs.


 

Yup he is definitely screwed and he loves every bits of it.




 

Dima laughed his heart as he read Liui’s messages in his Facebook Messenger. There were too much heart emoticons. Dima laughed as his sweet husbando continues to flood him more.

 

“Husbando, you look so handsome in the new suit 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 ”

“Should I do a Wonder Woman cosplay for you😍😍😍😍😍😍?

“Just kidding, My Dima. I miss you so much…...

 

I hope you miss me,too”


 

Dima laughed and replied to the last message

 

Baka Liui. I miss you,too. Ikaw lang ang Kartoshka ko 😍😘






 

Note: доброй ночи,Мой Дима”- Goodnight,Dima

A04QavJ1yiE02YViY1M_M8TtoXbkjiAbhTr98_B5n9j1iwMHHjVu3JP70Uh_cIFeK9q4g4ckhYwx31yPavPdsPh0r49KWKD8Hmav5dBeofOxEq3-hGXO_IAxfhHx_RTBoKcxgCbp

Credits: https://www.instagram.com/p/BV4VkC1jaWY/?taken-by=barimor_53