how would you feel (if i told you i love you)

how would you feel (if i told you i love you)

 

i;

 

 

Jongin's quiet and peaceful afternoon destroyed as he smells minty fragrance following a warm hand pats the back of his head, all way too friendly.

"What are you reading?" Jongin told himself not to look up, but a handsome face appears right in front of his eyes, "You never greets me anymore now, that's hurt y'know." He makes this cute pout that Jongin swore should be illegal. "Jongiiiin? Do ya hear me?"

"Chanyeol! There you are!" A high pitch voice of a woman comes from behind and Jongin isn't surprised when he sees his older sister make an appearance like she is just coming out from a magazine with her black tight dress. "I told you Jongin is off limit for your teasing today! He has a mock exam tomorrow!" 

"But I miss Jonginnie... I was hoping I could chat a little with your little brother before we go out tonight, Jungah..." Now Chanyeol clings onto Jongin's arms and the younger tries to keep his iron face on.

"Come on, we will be late. The dinner is at eight, remember?" Jungah has to pull Chanyeol by force so he would leave the younger alone. "Bro, look up the house for me while I'm not around, 'k? I'll take this parasite away from you so you can study in peace. Byeeeee!"

"Ya, bye," Jongin replied with eyes still on his book.

"Talk to you later Jonginnie!" The door closed with a loud voice of Chanyeol's husky voice behind and it's when the sound of the loud engine machine of Chanyeol's jeep on that Jongin can let out the breath he's been holding.

"He isn't flirting with you, get your head straight, dammit Jongin!" Jongin hits his head with his thick textbook and it doesn't feel hurts when his body still warm from the touch of Chanyeol's hand on his.

"When will you immune to your own sister's boyfriend's presence, huh? It's been a year already for God's sake!" He keeps scolding himself as he is the only one in the room. He knows he acts like a teenage girl who is stuck with their silly puppy love, but he can't help it. Because...

Kim Jongin is in love with his own sister's boyfriend: Park Chanyeol.

Jongin now is in his last year of high school and his sister who is in her mid-twenties is the one supporting him after their parents died from a car accident three years ago. Kim Jungah is like an angel who will always have a special place in his heart that's how much he loves his noona, and Jongin knows the older loves him just the same, but lately, he wishes he can get away as far as he could from his sister. All because of her boyfriend: Park Chanyeol, who just started coming into the siblings' perfect life about a year ago.

"So... you and your sis is banging the same dude? Woah that's sick, man." Baekhyun is the only one who knows of his secret crush on Chanyeol, and being Jongin's crazy private tutor he is, he ain't helping.

"That's rich coming from you, Byun-sam.." Jongin eyed the older who just eating chips while Jongin working on some paper he gave to Jongin a few minutes ago. "And no, Chanyeol hyung doesn't even know about my feelings to him... Damn, he would be grossed out if he finds out, isn't he?" Jongin knows how liking a straight guy is no good for a gay guy like him, leave alone like a straight guy who is in a relationship with his sister.

"Hmm...If I were him and find out a cute took a liking on me, I'd probably take an advantage of it and just get it on." It's Jongin's fault for consulting his love life to this crazy tutor of him. Byun Baekhyun is known as a crazy dog not for no reason, after all. He always goes at it with everyone, there are even times when he tries to get into Jongin's pants before the younger kick him right in the balls (It still traumatized him even till now).

"Come on, stop being a limp , and just ing confess! What's the harm in it, you little prick?" Baekhyun tries to cheer him up, he hugs Jongin from behind, and just in time the door of his room swings open--

"Umm...Am I interrupting something?" There he is, the main reason for Jongin's worries, standing tall near the door frame of his room with a clueless face at him and his private tutor. "Jungah told me to call you guys down, I bought toppokki and sundae on my way here for us. Have you had dinner tho, Jongin?"

Jongin kicks Baekhyun so he gets off of him, "Yeah I cooked ramyeon before Byun-sam comes here."

"I have not tho~ Chanyeol-ssi why you only feed Jongin? What about poor Baekhyunnie? Hmm?" Now the crazy dog clinging onto Chanyeol who just laughs awkwardly at him while trying to push his face away from him, sometimes Jongin envy Baekhyun for his shamelessness. He wants to cling to Chanyeol too...

"Snap out of it Kim Jongin!!!" Jongin slaps his face and makes the two older boys in the room stares in confusion at him.

"Jongin, you ok?" Chanyeol asked with worried tones in his voice.

"Jongin, I told you not to talk to yourself, right? This is why you stay a even though you are a hot ." Baekhyun facepalmed and Jongin's face is too hot to even look up at what kind of expression Chanyeol has on his face right now.

"I'll get some toppokki for us downstairs." So he just slips out of the room like he hears nothing like Chanyeol's late response to Baekhyun's statement earlier.

"Jongin is a ??!"

Jongin wanna dig a hole and bury himself alive in there but he remembers he has to at least be a high school graduate before he meets his parents in heaven.

 

¤

 

"So I heard your grades are enough for you to get into any university. Have you thought about it, Lil bro?" Jungah sits with him during dinner after he gave the older a paper of his exam result. "Baekhyun told me he is done teaching you everything and asks for his money today so he can leave Seoul with his girlfriend tomorrow. Do you think you can manage the college entrance exam without him?"

"Well, I can always do self-study." Jongin shrugs, he doesn't care if he's good for nothing tutor leaving him in this crucial moment of his high school life, he got more complicated issues in his mind now. "And it's not like I'm aiming for Harvard or Stanford anyway. A local university will be good enough for me."

"Well, don't stop your sister from dreaming. You should aim for a better university out of this city, the country even! I will ask Chanyeol to help you prepare yourself for uni's entrance exam. He is SNU's graduate after all. how's that sound to you?"

"Well..." Sound Jongin will never have time to not think about how perfect Park Chanyeol is. "I wonder if he is up for it, noona."

"Let me make this call and find out..."

 

¤


"Oh yeah! I'm so hyped up for this!!! Are you, Jongin-ah??!" Chanyeol wearing a black wife beater and ripped jeans that reveal way too many skins even for a hot summer like this. And Jongin just finishes a shower so he isn't in better clothes than the older. "Why are you still in your towel? Get dressed so we can go out! I keep the car engine on outside!"
"Umm... and where will you take me, Hyung? Aren't you supposed to teach me one or two things for my college entrance exam?" Jongin grips on his towel to prevent a stupid accident like dropping his towel in front of his crush.
"Yeah, I will teach you outside. The weather is too good for us staying indoor, besides... this Hyung wants to have some ice cream. Do you want ice cream, Jongin?"
Gulping at the thoughts of Chanyeol's tongue a melting ice cream makes Jongin rush to his room to wear some clothes when the truth he is just afraid Chanyeol will notice he pop a just with the dirty thoughts he has about Chanyeol and ice cream.
"Ready to go, pretty boy?" Chanyeol opens the door for him, even helps him to put on the seat belt for him.
"I am not my sister, y'know? You don't have to act like a gentleman to me." Jongin doesn't mean to sounds that harsh, he is just kinda used to see his sister being treated in the same manner and it's pissing him off.
"Oh, I know. Sorry, I guess habits die hard." With eyes glued on the street, Chanyeol runs his Jeep with no idea how his simple gentleman gesture makes Jongin's lost the rhythm of his heartbeat.

 

¤

 

"So that's all for today!" Chanyeol closed the textbook in front of them and in the blink of an eye there is two kinds of ice cream flavours in the table. "Let's relieve your stress out with some sweet! You like chocolate, right?"
Jongin already scooping his chocolate ice cream when he realized he didn't even tell Chanyeol what to order. "How did you know?"
"Surprised? I'm stalking you long enough to find out your fave ice cream flavour Kim Jongin." And there is his charming smile again, casting a spell on Jongin.
"You're disgusting, hyung." Jongin looks away trying to distract himself from Chanyeol's sweet stares on him but even then he could felt the heat creeps on his face from the older's stare. "And stop looking at me."
"Am I making you nervous?" Chanyeol nudges Jongin's ribcage in a joking manner but the heart inside Jongin's chest won't take it for a joke.
"Shuddup! I'll tell noona you're being annoying instead of helping to my study!" And that's true, almost two hours he spends studying with Chanyeol is got him nowhere. He already forgets all the formula Chanyeol teach to him earlier.
"Oh shuddup, I know you're enjoying my company." And Chanyeol can't be more right than that.
"Whatever." Cause Chanyeol has no idea how much Jongin willing to pay to make time stop at this moment.
"By the way, this feels like a date for me, funny right? Even the old lady behind you think so."
"And where is that idea come from?" Jongin looks behind him and a lady is giving them a stink eye, but instead, Chanyeol scoots closer to rest his arm on Jongin's shoulder.
"Ssssh... Now, don't disappoint her and just pretend you're head over heels for me."
Chanyeol has no idea, for that, Jongin needn't to be pretending.
"Let's go home before she reports us for being way too gay in public, hyung."
"Jongin! Wait for me, honey!!!"

¤

 

"So I heard Chanyeol take you out for an ice cream date today." Jungah just gets back from her business trip and she missed Chanyeol who just take Jongin home like five minutes ago, which is a good thing. Jongin offers him to stay for dinner but the older say he has matters to do and call it a night. He said goodbye with his charming smile and a ruffle on Jongin's hair to makes it messy (Jongin lets it the way it is until now).

"He is a good teacher," Jongin gulps down the guilty feeling before he asks, "did he told you it was a date?" 

Jungah's loud laughter can be heard even from the next room and Jongin's chest tightens in anticipation.

"You guys are impossible. I thought it's just one-sided for Chanyeol, but I guess it's all good if you like him too." Jungah pops her head out with a teasing smile on her face, "You know that he likes you a lot, right? He always wanna get along with you since the first day I introduce you to him."

Chanyeol what? Likes him? Yeah... Of course, Chanyeol wants to get along with his future to be brother in law if he wants to marry Jungah, right? 'Don't get weird ideas, Kim Jongin' Jongin keeps telling himself as he tries to sleep that night.

"Noona... You're the worst...." Jongin swore it's a sweat that rolling down his face and not tears. He doesn't weep for love, that's what stupid people do, and Jongin is smart. That's why he knows more than anyone he is supposed to kill these feelings inside his chest for Park Chanyeol as soon as possible.

Yeah, he should move on.

 

¤

 

 

"Congratulation on your graduation!!! Woohoo! Kim Jongin, you did it!!!" A bouquet of the flower appear along with a handsome face who smiles way too bright for gloomy weather like today, Jongin almost forgets if Chanyeol here then that's mean his sister would be here as well, "Oh, Jungah won't be coming on your grad ceremony, it will be just me. I hope that's doesn't make you sad." Chanyeol makes this frown that Jongin wants to kiss away but he jabs the older on his chest instead.

"Thanks for coming, hyung." Jongin knows better than anyone how hard it must be for some stranger to watch over a kid like him, which is makes it clear for Jongin how deep Chanyeo's feelings for his sister is, that he is willing to do things like coming to his grad ceremony like today.

"I feel like crying... Is today will be the last day I see you in this uniform?" Chanyeol faking to shed a tear off his eye and Jongin snorts. "And when I thought you look the cutest in this uniform too..."

Jongin tries his best not to blushing.

"Your face is red." Seems like he fails though. "You don't catch a cold right?" How can he not blush when Chanyeol sticks their forehead together like this is some kind like a rom-com movie? "You don't have a fever."

"I-I will go there to see my friends..."Jongin pushes Chanyeol away and try to look up for familiar face in the crowds of students taking graduation pictures with their relatives, but seems like his classmates already go back with their family.

"What? Do you want to take a picture too?" Chanyeol holds Jongin's wrist and before the younger can say anything the older wraps his long arm around Jongin while the other arm holding a phone. "Let's take a few selfies and send it to Jungah! I bet she would envy me!" 

Jongin only forces a smile as Chanyeol snaps their picture together with his phone and ignore the undeserving feelings in his stomach as he saw Chanyeol busy sending their pictures to his sister with an excited face.

Oh, how he wishes he can snatch that phone away so he could have Chanyeol's attention back for himself. 

Can't take your eyes off noona even though she isn't here, can you? Can't you see me, hyung? This silly little boy who is hopelessly in love with you despite knowing your kindness is only because of my sister?

"She said she will be joining us for dinner! What do you wanna eat, Jongin?" Chanyeol turns to Jongin and stares in confusion, "Huh? Jongin? You cried?"

Jongin blinks and realizes teardrops are coming out from his eyes like crazy. "Umm... I can explain this hyung..."

Chanyeol grab him by his shoulder and pulls him into a hug, lets Jongin wet his shirt with his tears and snot.

"I know how emotional a graduation day can be. No need for you to say a thing, I've been there Jongin. I know..." Chanyeol pats Jongin's back to calm him down, but all of that just makes Jongin cries even harder. "You've endured it all. Now let it out, it's ok..." His calming husky voice sends a shiver to Jongin's entire body, and the older have no idea why Jongin is shaking instead he just embrace the boy in his arms. 

"Hyung..."

"Yes, Jongin?" Chanyeol wipes Jongin's tears away from his face with his bare hands.

"What to do... Hyung..." But tears won't stop coming out.

"Yes hyung is here... Stop crying Jongin." And Chanyeol keeps wiping it like it's nothing.

Jongin weeping in front of his crush and he thoughts how would Chanyeol feel if he told him that:

"I love you." It's just coming out and can't be stopped.

"Yeah I know, that's why... Huh?" Chanyeol stops wiping Jongin's face. "What did you said?" He looks dumbfounded, and that slaps Jongin back to his sense.

"I'm starving." Jongin wipes his snot with Chanyeol's sleeve and the older just standing there quietly, "Come on, where is your car?"

And if in the entire time their way to bbq restaurant Chanyeol keeps quiet, Jongin says nothing about it. It was when his sister joins them for dinner Jongin hear Chanyeol ask:

"I think I can't stay with you guys for too long. Do you mind if I take my leave now?" 

"Why? I just came! I thought you said we are gonna party till Jongin drop dead tonight!" Jungah whines.

"Yeah, next time. Today is no good."

Jongin just keeps burning the meat.

"You . I hate you!" Jungah grabs another bottle of soju and about to drink it before Chanyeol's hands beat her to it. "Now you don't lemme drink? Get lost!"

"This is not good. Jongin, you finish eating right? Lemme take you guys home first." Jungah now being carried by Chanyeol.

"But don't you say you have to do something before? Just go home, I'll take care of noona." Jongin tries to take his drunk sister with him but Chanyeol only told him to open the door of the backseat for her.

"Get on the front," Chanyeol commands him after done settling the drunk Jungah in the backseat, sleeping like a log. "Jongin?"

And Jongin just wanna be in his room right now, instead of sitting oh so close to the guy who keeps tearing his heart into pieces. "What? What now?" Maybe that's why he barks at Chanyeol for no reason.

"Your seatbelt."

"Oh." Jongin just wanna die of embarrassment now. "Sorry."

"Hmm." And the car runs like it's broke or something because it takes so damn long for them just to reach home. Jongin feels like he's in a ride to hell and the pregnant silence between them is killing him slowly now.

Why is he being so quiet? Jongin not used to this Chanyeol, he supposed to be all cheery and loud, that's what he is, how he's always been with Jongin. Did it because of the slip of tongue from before? When Jongin accidentally confess his feeling to him at the grad ceremony?

Did he perhaps...

"You are aware of it, aren't you?" They are just a block away from home, Jongin notices the new cafe that just opens near their place.

"What?"

"I like men." And at that Chanyeol hit the brake. "You know that, aren't you? Tell me Hyung."

The car behind them must be quite angry at the sudden stop cause they honking at them like crazy, it's miracles Jungah doesn't wake up from the loud noise. 

"Lemme pull this car aside first." Chanyeol's face... does it looks disgusted now? Jongin isn't sure due to the lack of light in the car at the moment, but one thing he is sure of is... the guy isn't smiling.

"I mean... of course you'd be surprised by the fact the younger brother of your girlfriend is a swing that way, and I know I have no right to feel this way towards you... Even after what you did for me, for noona... Even right at this moment, I am too shameless, didn't I?"

"Wait, Jongin..."

"I mean, how can I dare to lay my eyes on you? Let alone have a major crush on you, that's wrong from the very beginning! Right? Cause I should have known my place... You are my own sister's ing boyfriend, dammit! I keep telling myself that, but I can't help this feeling!" Jongin turns to Chanyeol and grabs the older's hair to mess it up. "You keep doing this!" His hands now going down to touch Chanyeol's chest and arms. "This and this!!! You keep initiating meaningless skinship to me!"

"Jongin, listen to me--"

"You know what hyung, guys my age will misunderstand when you treat them so good. People like me fall in love quite easily. How can you keep getting my hopes up when I have no right to hope in the first place? You make me play the game that I know I'd be losing but I just let you led me on cause I ing like it! I am a freaking ignorant ungrateful bastard who hopelessly in love with you, you bastard! What can I do?" His chest tightens.

Jongin doesn't mean to cry twice in a day, left alone confessing like loser twice to the same person. "Even though I am supposed to leave this town for college I decided to stay here, cause that's how I can keep seeing you. That way I have an excuse to see your face in front of noona." He is supposed to take this to his grave. But he can't stop now. "You must think I'm gross, right? Don't worry after this I'll definitely stop liking you hyung. So just forget what I said today and don't let this affect your relationship with noona. Okay?"

"Jongin I said listen to me!!!" Chanyeol hit the wheel with a loud bang and Jongin froze cause he never saw Chanyeol raise his voice like this. Is he that angry? "Now stay quiet until we get to your place. Jungah is sleeping in the backseat, remember?"

Jongin turns his head to see his drunk sleeping sister in the backseat and realized how ed up the situation right now.

"I'm sorry..." Jongin grips on the edge of his shirt and just keep his eyes down, trying to hold back the tears in his eyes.

"Now let me concentrate on taking your sister home first." 

The ride to his place is short, Chanyeol keeps running the car in the high speed as if he was in the chase or something. It only makes Jongin getting more nervous when he finally stops the car.

"I'll help..." Jongin watches Chanyeol carrying his sister on his arms and feels sorry to his clueless sister.

"Stay here, I'll be back as soon as I get your sister on her bed." Chanyeol's voice sounds deeper than usual, or was it just in Jongin's head?

Jongin can only imagine what is the worst scenario after Chanyeol comeback. Would he punch Jongin in disgust for confessing in front of his drunk girlfriend? Or would he get an earful lecture from the older? 

All this time he got this question he shouldn't ask to the older, 'How would you feel if I told you that I love you?'

He never once think he got the guts to finally ask it to his handsome face.

Actually, his hands are trembling from the nervousness. He can't feel his fingers. 

"Why are you out here?" Chanyeol face is furious and Jongin feels like crying when he sees Chanyeol taking off his jacket in front of him, does he want to fight? "You will catch a cold like this, wear this!" Jongin opens his eyes when he feels the warmth covering his cold body, Chanyeol gave him his jacket and drags Jongin back to the car. 

"And stop crying, I am only taking you out to get some hangover soup for your poor stomach. Will you be okay with the Grandma's Pork Ribs Restaurant near here?" Chanyeol turns on the engine of his car and stays quiet when Jongin keeps his mouth shut.

"Let's go, we are here..." Chanyeol open the car door for Jongin who only freezing on his seat. "Jongin, come on. Do you want me to carry you in like your sister earlier?" 

Jongin takes off the seatbelt he was holding and finally go out from the car with a blushing face. 

"Ahjumma, two regular bowls of pork ribs here!" Chanyeol looks like a regular here, and Jongin wonders if this place is often visited with her sister too after they both drinking late at night. He shook his head and remind himself that he has no right to be jealous now. He is grateful enough Chanyeol treats him like a normal human being and taking him out for hangover soup now. His stomach feels funny from his first bottle of alcohol, for the first time his sister let him drink one on his graduation day.

The server giving their orders in a blink of an eye and the aroma from the soup makes his stomach singing.

"Eat this, it will calm your stomach." Chanyeol helps him with his utensil and start eating. "Your drunk head will be long gone after you finish this soup, so eat up."

Jongin paused, "Is that what you think Chanyeol hyung? That I was drunk and muttering a hundred percent bull earlier?" He shakes his head in disbelief. "After all the guts I gathered to finally confess, you taking it as a drunk confession from a stupid teenager, is that what you think?"

Chanyeol put his spoon down and sighs, "Jongin, why you are being like this?" he rubs his face and continues, "I am taking you here because tonight you finish one bottle of soju with barely eating anything back in the BBQ store, and instead of a thank you, I have you complaining here? How can you disrespect your older boyfriend like this?"

"See? Even now you treat me like a kid! Who has to pay respect for an older--- wait, what did you say?" Jongin must be hallucinating.

"I said to eat up before the soup gets cold, baby." Chanyeol smiles the smile that makes Jongin fall head over heels with him. The smile that will always be his weakness. "Why? You don't like it if I give you pet names? I always want to call you that." 

Jongin slaps his right cheek and it hurt, "Am I dreaming?"

Chanyeol laughs and ruffles his hair as usual. "You are not, and hurry up finish your soup."

Jongin's face is warm and his pork ribs soup is cold when he finish the whole bowl. Chanyeol paid for their food and on their way to the parked car Chanyeol's hand is on his.

They are holding hands.

"Chanyeol hyung, why are you doing this?" Jongin inquires in confusion.

"Because Kim Jongin, you are my little boyfriend now." Chanyeol put his hand inside the pocket of his jacket, something Jongin never imagines will happen in real life. "I thought you will be happy, no?"

"I am over the moon now, but at the same time, I am confused as hell. Aren't you and my sis dating? And now suddenly after you heard my confession we are dating too?!! Are you in the right mind?"

Chanyeol chuckles and ruffles his hair again. "I think you are the one who isn't in his right mind here, because how did you get the idea that I'm dating your sister?" Jongin's eyes widen at this, "After all the flirting and obvious fact that you are the one I am interested in all this time?"

Jongin takes his hand out of Chanyeol's pocket and point his finger at Chanyeol's face. "When did you ever do that?!!"

Chanyeol laughs and holds his point finger down only to hold Jongin's hand in his and blow his breath to warm them. "You have no idea how cute you are right now, how can you do this to me Jongin?"

Jongin blushed hard to his ear. "D-don't change the subject! Explain!"

Chanyeol takes a step closer and hold his face in his palms, "I love you too Jongin-ah. You are the only person I ever want to date for the past year." And hearing that Jongin only can freeze in disbelief, "If you only know, how hard it is to hold back my feeling because you were dealing with your school and stuff. Your sister told me not to lay my hands on you before you get into college. She will kill me now if she knows what I am about to do to you...."

And suddenly there is a pair of soft and warm lips landed on Jongin's lips before he can process what's going on, Chanyeol's tongue makes his way inside his mouth and suddenly they were kissing like there is no tomorrow.

It was when he feels a on his buttcheek that Jongin finally breaks the kiss with a surprised moan, "Park Chanyeol!" Jongin hit Chanyeol's chest and the latter can only laugh. 

"Yes, baby?" Chanyeol kisses him again, on the forehead this time. "Sorry, I forget that Baekhyun mentions you are a sensitive ." 

Jongin swore he will kill Baekhyun as soon as he meets him. But not tonight, tonight he only wants to spend his night kissing his boyfriend's lovely pair of lips. Jongin chuckles at the boyfriend thoughts.

"What are you smiling at?" Chanyeol opens his car door for him and this time it feels good to know Chanyeol being a gentleman to him not because he is just the girlfriend's Lil brother.

"You." Jongin even lets Chanyeol put his seatbelt for him like a baby, "How can I ignore all this obvious act of yours trying to get into my pants?"

"Hey! I am not the one who misunderstood that I am dating the crazy Kim Jungah here! How in the world do you see us together as an item? The thoughts alone send shiver all over my body!"

"Hey, my sister is a lovely fine lady. And you would be super lucky to get her as a girlfriend, y'know?" Jongin hit Chanyeol's arm jokingly and Chanyeol caught it only to kiss the back of his hand.

"I think I am luckier to have her brother. Don't you think so?" Chanyeol is such a cheesy ball, he has always been when they are together, how could Jongin ignore the signs all this time?

"And here I am wondering how would you feel if I told you I love you..." Jongin murmurs as the later drive him back home.

"I feel like a teenager in love, ooh baby you have no idea how happy I am when I heard it at your graduation today." So he heard it. Chanyeol sneaks a kiss on his reddened cheeks with a cheeky grin. "You are adorable."

Jongin holds his warm cheek and can only grin from ear to ear on their way home.

He wishes they will never reach home and can just enjoy their lovely late-night first date as a boyfriend.

 

 

 

FIN

 

 

 

author's note :

OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE?

I have this in my draft for like 5 years and finally have the mood to finish it in one day.

Hope you guys like it.

And i miss my chankai ;A;