The Fated String (Park Chanyeol)

EXO Recommendations & Reviews

The Fated String by Blu3Wind

Information:

  • Genre: Romance, Angst, Comedy, Friendship, AU (Soulmate)
  • Chapter Count: 5
  • Status: Complete

Description:

     They say a red string invisible to the human eye is tied around the pinky of a person, and the other end would be tied to the person you are destined to be with; your soulmate.

     Hwang Yerin has the ability to see this fated string, but she believes people have a choice to defy it and go against all odds.

1. Well-woven Plot

There's a lot of soulmate stories out on AsianFanfics (albeit mostly werewolf ones), but this one takes the cake. It flows relatively slowly, but at the right tempo to illustrate the drama, her ability, her relationship with Chanyeol, and ultimately the comedic/light and intense atmospheres the story presents. Very well-written plot. Evidently thoroughly planned and written.

2. Grammar/Spelling

No errors.

3. Realisticness

A little cliche in its ending (don't really want to spoil it), but still very realistic. The cliche is easily overlooked because the book is just that amazing.

4. Wow Factor

5/5

5. Opinion

The best Chanyeol fanfiction I've ever read so far. It was so heart-wrenching, moving, and addicting-- I just had to pause studying to finish reading it. If you're into angst, drama, and Chanyeol stories, this is the right read for you.