On A Rainy Day

On A Rainy Day

Baekhyun had just finished adding the last touch to his outfit, a small ring Chanyeol had bought for him in their senior year of college. He never left the house without it.

"Yeollie, I'm ready!" he shouted out the door, just loud enough for his boyfriend to hear.

They had been living together for about a year, and tonight they decided to go out, just the two of them. A new restaurant had opened nearby, and they loved to try different things. Baekhyun gazed at himself in the mirror for a moment, then tossled his hair a bit more. Perfect.

 

"Baek, seriously, are you deaf?" Chanyeol said as he walked in, with a playful tone.

"I- what?" the small boy answered, confused.

"It's absolutely pouring out, and we reserved outdoor seats. I bet indoor seating is completely packed now. Besides, even leaving this house for a second would leave us drenched" the taller said. 

Chanyeol always admired how his boyfriend could get so focused sometimes, he just seemed to tune everything else out. 

Baekhyun had started pouting, unsurprisingly.

"I was really looking forward to going out with you..." his puppy eyes setting in like magic.

Yeol walked closer and took his small hands is his own large ones.

"Hon, I know you're sad, but we can have fun at home! And no, not that kind of fun" he added, seeing the devilish smirk forming on Baek's face.

Baekhyun looked up, cursing his shortness for a moment. 

"Okay..." he replied, a bit reluctant. But he believed Chanyeol. "But first- we're getting out of these clothes. Sweatpants time!"

 

The giant grabbed Baek's hand and led him to the kitchen. 

"Step one... HOT CHOCOLATE!!!" Yeol exclaimed, not one for caring about the volume of his voice.

Baek dumped packets of the instant cocoa into mugs and added milk. Meanwhile, Chanyeol got the bottle of whipped cream from the fridge. One dollop for mug number one, one dollop for mug number two, and one dollop for his Baekkie's nose. Which he proceeded to off. 

"Yeol-ah now I have your spit all over my nose!" a pretending-to-be-disgusted Baekhyun reacted. Chanyeol cut him off with a chaste kiss. 

"I'm hungry too... oh that delicious beef bolgogi is calling to me from the restuarant...." Baek teased, making motions over his stomach. He tried, and sort of failed, at doing more aegyo.

Chanyeol laughed and clapped his hands, which only urged Baek on. Honestly, once the two got into one of their laughing fits, it took them forever to get out.

So finally, after ten minutes of mindless joking and goofing around, Chanyeol had heated up some ramen too. It wasn't really a cooking night.

Baekhyun hugged Yeol from the back and he poured boiling water into the cups.

"Wow, Chanyeollie, my cooking prince! What a master chef!" Baek teased.

"Hey, if you're not careful, I will most definitely put some chopped up cucumber in your containter!" Chanyeol warned.

That shut him up.

 

With hot chocolates made and cups of ramen mixed, they walked into their family room. The room was adorned with a large couch, TV, and plenty of pillows and blankets. They really liked to cuddle.

"Okayyyy, movie? Netflix? Music?" the two debated on how to spend the night ahead of them. Finally, Baekhyun won (as usual, because if there is one thing Chanyeol can't say no to, it's that damn pouting Baek). They watched the newest Star Wars movie, Rouge One, for maybe the millionth time. It was one of their favorites.

"You know Chirrut and Baze are like, totally cannon right. Yes! The gay agenda is rising!" Baekhyun chirped. They continued to make silly commentary throught the movie.

Chanyeol looked over to Baek at the end, seeing the tears well up in his eyes as Jyn and Cassian clutched each other in their final moments. Baek suddenly scooted much closer, practicly on his boyfriends lap, even though they were next to each other the entire time.

"Chan, turn it off for a second, please?" Baek asked, voice small. Baekhyun started feeling very- emotional. Seeing the couple rose him to do something he'd been wanting to do, ever since they met, honestly. Everyone says that Park Chanyeola and Byun Baekhyun are soulmates. They aren't wrong. 

"Oh, yeah, of course" the taller said as he reached for the remote. What had gotten into him?"

 

"You know that I love you, right?" Baekhyun stared into his Yeol's eyes.

"I know, and I love you too. Forever and ever. What's wrong?" he was worried now. Random bursts of love weren't uncommon but this one felt different.

"No, I mean, really love you. Like... like. I don't know. When I wake every day, I want it to be your face. And when I go to bed, I want to hear your breathing next to me. And I want all the little moments in between" Baekhyun fiddled with the ring he wore. He was nervous. Of course they'd expressed their feelings to each other before, but this time felt different. There were butterflies in his stomach. They'd been dating for three years, living together for one, and he still got butterflies everytime he saw Chanyeol. Tall and silly and perfect.

Yeol peered into Baek's rich, brown eyes. "I do" he suddenly spurted out without thinking. He immediately got red. They weren't expressing their vows, for God's Sake! "I, uhm, I-" What was he thinking!

But this time it was Baekhyun's turn to cut him off. He learned foward, hands instinctively reaching for Chanyeol's neck while his lips crashed on his boyfriends equally plump ones. They tasted like chocolate.

They deepened the kiss, minds and hearts exploding with ectasty. It was finally happening. Their minds synced, like they knew it was time. That's what people told them it would be like when you were ready- you just know.

And as the rain came down, warm and with power, the two boys said with their bodies what words could not yet say.

"Will you marry me?"