Meeting the gang

Picture of You

_Mei's POV_ 

*Ding dong Ding dong*
The bell rang, indicating the start of the first break of the day.

I turned my head towards the guy next to me, Sato-kun. He stretched his arms and relaxed his muscles as he got up, ready to head out.

"Sato-kun" I called.

He turns to face me, eyebrows raising slightly showing his curiosity.

I hesitated for a moment. I'm not familiar yet with this school and I haven't had a chance to make friends, so the guy who's looking at me curiously at the moment is my only hope for not getting lost on the way to the cafetaria.

The second I opened my mouth to speak, somebody cut me.

"Shori!" 

Sato-kun whipped his head towards the voice source.

"Nii-chan!" He broke into a friendly grin. 
"What are you doing here?"

"I don't have any schedule today and I've missed school way too much, so I decided to come. Let's eat together." The guy by the door frame replied casually. He then spot me near Sato-kun.

"Sorry, Did I interrupt you guys?" He continued.

Sato-kun turns his attention back to me, "Oh yeah, did you have something to tell me?"

I softly smiled and shook my head, "Nevermind. You should go, your friend's waiting."
"I should find another way." I didn't realise I whispered that out loud as I started to walk past him.

"Wait." He called.
"You don't know the way to the cafetaria,do you?"

"I..don't" I answered. Did he just read my mind or something?

"Then come eat with us" He suggested. 
"You don't mind, do you Nii-chan?" Sato-kun asked the guy who's still standing by the door frame.

"Nu-uh. The more, the merrier. The guys would love to accept a girl join us for breakfast,too." The guy chimed in.

"It's okay, I shouldn't bother you guys. I'll just ---" 

"We insist." The guy cut me before I could finish my line. I looked up and saw a friendly smile plastered on his face.

His eyes widened as he get to see my face clearly.

"Oh, I haven't introduced you guys properly.
Nii-chan, meet Shouji Mei, my new classmate. She just transfered today."
"Shouji-san, this is my cousin, Yamada Ryosuke." Sato-kun introduced.

Yamada Ryosuke... I've heard that name somewhere.

"Ouch!" we both exclaimed as our heads bumped because we bowed at the same time.

"Sorry" again,both of us said together. 

Sato-kun shook his head, hopeless at our silly encounter.
"Now that you guys know each other, let's eat ! The others are waiting."

"After you, Shouji-san." Yamada-kun made way for me as we walked out of the class. 

As soon as we arrived at the cafetaria, I spotted a table that took most attention from the cafetaria population, the table was full of boys.

"Yama-chan ! Ah, Shori you're here too !" A guy from that table waved his hand hyperly.

I followed behind Sato-kun and Yamada-kun awkwardly. All the girls population's attention is now on me.

We finally arrived infront of the table. 

"Yo minna" Yamada-kun slapped their hands playfully.

"You've brought a girl!" a guy, different from the first one, gasped as he spotted me.

"Woohoo !" they chorused. "Tell us your name!" 

"I'm Shouji Mei, I'm Sato-kun's classmate and I just transfered this morning. Nice to meet you all." I put on a cheerfull smile.

"Very nice to meet you, Mei-chan!" They chorused again.

"Okay,we'll get our food first." Sato-kun announced.
"Come on, Shouji-san." he nudged me softly on the arm.

"I hope you don't mind joining my friends, they can be dorky sometimes, but they're bunch of nice people." Sato-kun said as we queued for our breakfast.

"I don't. They're nice, I'm happy to join you guys. Thank you Sato-kun." I smiled sincerely. 

"Although it might be hard to memorize all their names at once." Sato-kun chuckled.

"I'm willing to" I chimed happily.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay so, Mei-chan finally meet the gang ! 
I'll try to update regularly ! 
Comments are loved~