The Confession

The Princess and The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day turned out to be very quick as both friends just realized that the sun had been down for almost 5 hours, indicating that it’s past 11 pm already.

“Princess, get some rest. Based on your schedule, you have a long way to go for tomorrow,” Seulgi suggested.

“But I’m not tired and I don’t want to go to sleep. We still have a lot to catch up!” Princess Joohyun said while pouting.

“No buts, princess. You should be going to sleep by now. Calm down. I’ll be out in your doorstep for tonight’s shift. Whatever you ordered, I’ll do it right away, princess,” Seulgi explained prying Princess Joohyun to accept her offer.

“Fine, fine. But only if you stay inside my room,” Princess Joohyun proposed.

“You know I can’t do that, princess. It’s again the rules and as a soldier, I am bound to follow rules and orders,” Seulgi said calmly.

“This time, no more buts as well, Kang Seulgi. It’s an order!” Princess Joohyun commanded with her “joking” tone.

“Fine, your wish is my command, princess,” Seulgi said as she gave up to the princess.

The entourage of guards and maids began walking back to Princess Joohyun’s room and as they arrived there, Seungwan and Seulgi immediately opened the door for Princess Joohyun to enter. After Princess Joohyun had entered, Seungwan ordered the entourage to wait outside as she entered the room herself to prepare the princess before going to sleep. On the other hand, Seulgi guarded at the front door as the entourage began to return to their homes, per Seulgi’s request.

“So, how’s your day, princess?” Seungwan asked as she prepare the hot, bubble tub for Princess Joohyun to bathe in.

“It was so fun being with Seulgi again and hearing her mission stories. Sometimes I thought of joining the army like Seulgi, but mom always deny my request and said I can’t. Ugh, sometimes it pissed me off badly,” Princess Joohyun muttered while looking at the ceiling of her room.

“You’re way too precious to be participating in a live fire combat field, my dear princess. If you’re dead, what will this empire has left then?” Seungwan explained.

“There’s always my cousins, Sooyoung and Yeri, who always want this throne badly. Sometimes I even start to wonder if I really want to become the emperor of my mom’s empire someday,” Princess Joohyun kept mumbling.

“Don’t say that, princess. You’ll be the perfect fit to continue your mother’s reign, not your cousins. Besides, you always have Seulgi to take care and protect you from any danger. Just let her do her job of protecting you properly, okay? Don’t cause trouble like you always do!” Seungwan continued.

“Yes, Seungwan. You know what, Seungwan? This is why you’re my best friend and only one of the three people in this world that I trust the most,” Princess Joohyun said while chuckling.

“Who’s the rest?” Seungwan asked curiously.

“My mother and Seulgi,” Princess Joohyun answered seriously.

Seungwan chuckled and informed as she finished preparing the hot tub, “Princess, the tub’s ready.”

After getting inside the tub, Princess Joohyun ordered Seungwan to let Seulgi enter her room.

“Seulgi-ah! Princess Joohyun ordered you to get inside her room,” Seungwan informed Seulgi after she tucked her head out the chamber’s door.

“It’s been a while since I got in here,” Seulgi said after she was inside the princess’ room, “It hasn’t changed on tiny bit. That princess is really something.”

“Since the princess is going to be in the tub for some while, let’s just talk. I miss you so much, Seulgi-ah! It’s been a long time as well,” Seungwan said with a huge smile engraved on her face as she hugged Seulgi

“I miss you so much, too, Seungwan-ie. I can’t stop thinking about you both and my mom every time I went for my mission,” Seulgi continued.

Seulgi and Seungwan are also the best of friends. Seungwan’s mother, Son Soon Kyu, also work for the empress as the Assistant Head of Maid for the Empress Kim. Both of their mothers are also very close to each other, so Seulgi and Seungwan could be pretty much called as sisters by now. Seungwan is younger than Seulgi by 2 months, but it didn’t stop Seungwan to call Seulgi ‘unnie’ sometimes. Princess Joohyun always said that she is grateful to have her 2 closest friends become the people that takes care of her businesses and she always said that she feels relieved as she can trust both of them with her life.

“Seulgi-ah! What happen to your leg? You’re limping a bit when you walked just now,” Seungwan said to Seulgi, looking concerned at her condition.

“Oh, that! It’s just a small thing. A sniper shot my lower part of the feet, so I can’t walk properly for a while. They say I have to just hang around in a chair and sit tight, but you know me to well to believe that that is never going to happen!” Seulgi explained.

“Goodness sake, Seulgi! Why didn’t you tell the princess? The princess could’ve stopped walk…” Seungwan continued when suddenly a woman in a bath robe interjected

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter