~1~

we don't talk anymore pt.1

Jungkook stood in front of the mirror. A pale boy stared at him; his chocolate eyes quickly shifted away from the image of himself. Afterwards he slowly made his way to the bedroom.

Our bedroom…” he thought.
As soon as his body felt the comfortable hug of his pillows and sheets he felt so helpless. He lied there motionless just blankly staring at the ceiling- the same ceiling he was so used to watch every night with a certain someone laying in his arms. It was just so painful and somehow not right laying there on his own. Jungkook took his phone. No new messages, no missed calls, nothing- just the photo of Jimin smiling from the screen. His heart was aching so bad. Even though he perfectly well knew that it was (biologically) impossible for his heart to hurt he felt like someone was continuously stabbing him in the chest.

Soon he drifted to sleep and once again Jimin visited him in his dreams. He held Jungkook by the hand and took him places, showed him beautiful things and then left him alone with his pain and sorrow.

 

The oh-so-tedious everyday life started once again with the same old song of the boy’s alarm clock. It felt like seconds passed since he fell asleep… He stood up and stretched. Quickly took a shower and put some clothes on- he was ready for school.

On his way he thought about how he walked this same road every day with Jimin. They laughed, sometimes didn’t even bother to talk since they were both sleepy, other times they just silently sipped their coffee and had a small talk.

A familiar voice caressed Jungkook’s ears.

Jimin stood on the fence of the building talking with Namjoon and Jin- upperclassmen who were also friends of Jungkook.

“Oh, mornin’ Kookie!” the taller of the two greeted, his dimples catching the eye since he was always smiling.

Jungkook forced a smile and walked by.

“Not so fast, kiddo!” Jin scoffed pulling the younger by the hand and hugging him. “Why not spend some time with us? Jimin is also here, as you can see…”

Hearing his name, Jimin turned around facing them and waved shyly to Jungkook who just turned around with a pained expression.

“Hyung… You know the situation, don’t… Just don’t.” the younger said turning around ready to leave.

“Wanna talk later?”

“Sure. See you around.”

Jungkook mechanically continued walking towards his classroom without even thinking. He just wanted to be alone for a while.

An year maybe?

 

Jimin watched the younger walking away. Confused he turned to Namjoon:

“Hyung, I’m certain I’ve seen him before…”

“Well, since we’re here every day, there is no way you haven’t seen him at least once. “ Namjoon gulped, his throat suddenly so dry and his heart aching because of the forced lie.

“You have a point. But still, that feeling is different…” Jimin said somehow silently like he was talking to himself.

“Boys, it’s about time we go to class. Let’s head inside.” Jin interrupted their conversation and Jimin’s thoughts.

 

***

Finally, lunch break.

Jungkook grabbed his backpack and hurried outside of the classroom as soon as the bell rang. He hated the endless queues at the counter so he always tried to be there first.

He stood before the middle-aged lady that worked there, proud if himself that once again he saved himself the trouble of waiting too long just to get something to eat. He took his food and made his way to one of the many empty tables. As soon as he took the first bite, a ton of students spawned at the cafeteria. Yoongi, Hoseok and Taehyung took their lunch and sat where Jungkook was.

“Rise and shine! Are you still sleeping?” Hoseok screamed, making the younger jump in response.

“I swear hyung, you will be the cause of my death one day…”

“Stop scaring the kid, weirdo.” Yoongi scoffed Hoseok making him pout at the rude comment. “ Hello, Kookie.” the boy then turned and smiled.

“Yo, Kookie.” Taehyung just patted him on the back and sat next to him.

“Any updates on the Jimin case?” Yoongi asked sipping on his orange juice.

“Not really… I saw him earlier, he was talking with Namjoon and Jin.” Jungkook looked down, his eyes tearing. With a trembling voice he added. “He smiled and waved me.”

Hoseok internally cried seeing his precious friend suffering. Taehyung let out a deep sigh and moved his chair closer to Jungkook so he can hug him.

The younger wiped his eyes because they were teared up and changed the subject.

“So how are you guys doing? Enough of my melodrama.”

“Better than you in any case…”

Yoongi coughed and kicked Jungkook under the table.

Just then a voice so painfully familiar greeted.

“Hello hyungs! Can I sit with you? Namjoon and Jin haven’t come yet.”

The three older boys quickly glanced at each other, Taehyung nodding his head in approval.

“Yeah, sure.” he said, giving permission to the younger to sit with them.

Jimin thanked and just when he was about to greet Jungkook the said boy stood up excusing himself.

“Sorry everyone, I have… I have to go.”

Jimin stared in confusion questioning if he was the problem.

Yoongi knew that questions would follow so he quickly made up an excuse for Jungkook and changed the topic.

Jimin shivered when he heard the youngest’s name. Images of past times flashed in his mind, blurry dark pictures of him and the boy. A little bell rang in his head.

“Say… Hyung, what was his name again?”

The three boys widened their eyes secretly hoping for a miracle.

“Jungkook. His name is Jungkook.” Taehyung answered.

“God, I swear I know that boy… Why is my mind playing tricks on me?” Jimin stood there helpless, his chin resting on the back of his hands.

“And damn, is he an angel… Such a pure beautiful creature!” this last sentence Jimin said in such a quiet voice that nobody heard him.

 

***

Jungkook quickly left school right after the last bell dismissed the students. He stormed out hoping that he won’t have to meet Jimin again- two times were more than enough for one day. He walked, almost ran his way back home. Tears made his vision blurry and as soon as he stepped in his house he broke down crying, screaming as loud as he could.

Park Jimin made him a mess.