Chapter 3

Sweet lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next few days, Yoojin saw Younghyun only briefly. She spent the weekend at her parents house and during the week, she was too busy with school. The exam period was coming.

She didn’t bump into Wonpil either. It made her think about how she was really making a big deal out of nothing. Younghyun maybe laughed at her, but that was practically it. He didn‘t reveal the truth or use it against her... Things were good.

It was Thursday morning, when she overslept and had to take a cab to school. Counting her poor money, she stood in front of the entrance, turned to the bypassing people by her back. When suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

„Yoojin?“ It was Wonpil’s voice, but it still scared the out of her.

„Gosh! Speak first, knock after!“ she shouted and dramatically turned around. He is not alone. Younghyun is next to him. She nodded as a way of greeting, pretending, she isn’t embarrassed. But what is he doing here?

„What are you doing here?“ Wonpil asked first.

„Ehmmm. It’s my school.“

„I know. But why are you counting money here?

„Sad life of university student. Even if someone stole it from me, it wouldn’t be a big loss. And you?“

„Younghyun...“

„I went to do some paperwork. I’m starting from next semester.“ Younghyun said.

„Hmm? You’re what?“ Yoojin asked surprised.

„Starting from next semester.“ He repeated.

„You mean... Studying? Here?“

„Yes.“

„Why?“

„What do you mean why? I didn’t come here to get Wonpil on his nerves.“

„That’s questionable.“ Wonpil added, but no one was listening.

„But how?“

„This school has a deal with the one I studied at in Toronto. I just need to bring them a few papers they gave me there and...“

„That means you will... be here.“ Yoojin said for herself with a gloomy look on her face.

„I’m glad you’re so enthusiastic about it.“ He added, sarcastically.

„Don’t you have a class right now?“ Wonpil jumped into it.

„Hmm? Oh! Yes. I have to go. I must be late already. “Yoojin went a few steps and turned around, like she has still something to say. But then she left anyways.

„I think I have to make the most of it.“ Younghyun said when she disappeared behind the entrace door. Wonpil thought he understands before, but now, he is just lost in whatever those two are doing.

-----

5 years before

Yoojin was always the first one in the classroom. It was more comfortable for her. Like this, she avoided the time, when most of the people were going to school or work. She would rather sleep less, than lost her own personal space.

This day, it was no exception. She the music in her earphones and layed on the desk. Usually, it took about 30 minutes someone would come into the classroom, but this time, she hadn’t even closed her eyes, when she spotted a familiar figure. It was Younghyun. He sat two places away from her and layed on his desk too. He turned to the other side.

Yoojin turned off the music and watched him. He didn’t look like his usual self. Normally, he is always smiling, greeting everyone. This tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter