Close To You

Close To You (And You'll Always Be By My Side)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪♫ I will never want much more

And in my heart I will always be sure

I want you close ohh

You'll always be by my side

'Til the day I die ♪♫

--Never Forget You / Close by Anthem Lights feat. Louisa Wendforff

 

The first thing Ong Seongwoo noticed from Kang Daniel was the fact that the MMO trainee has a really nice smiling face. While most smiles and laughs felt somewhat fake in the entertainment industry—something he had encountered so many times before—the younger male's smiles were rather genuine. Seongwoo loves how those lips curled upwards, and as it was on cue Daniel's eyes turned into thin lines, those laughing lines filled the latter's cheeks and a bit of his bunny teeth peeked through the gap of his mouth. His laughs were loud and for the first time Seongwoo understand the phrase a hearty laughter: Daniel's laugh sounded warm and soulful and somewhat like a music to his ears.

 

He did saw the polite, business smiles of the trainee; and Seongwoo could distinguished the differences. Those smiles were rather distant and predictable—but not as close as his real smiles. Those smiles give a really different feeling. Seongwoo know, because Kang Daniel always smiles at him with the same smiles he shows everytime he talks about his pet cats home, his family or anything else he loves: affectionate, adoring and awfully sweet. These kind of smiles, never fail to make Seongwoo's heart flutters and fill his belly with thousands of butterflies.

 

He couldn't remember the exact moment when the two of them became so close though.

It's like the most natural thing to be gravitated towards each other; pulling them together like a magnet of two opposite polars. When he realized, Kang Daniel was helping him to remember his dance moves; the two of them were sweaty on the practice room, shoes skidded on the polished wooden floor, bodies danced through the beats that they repeated over and over through the day.

 

“The two of you are always together,” Little Woojin stated, in a tone somewhat borderline to a complain—but the fifteen years old smiled in such amused expression when he said those words. Seongwoo couldn't decide if he should apologized that he took Woojin's 'mama-bear' from him, or just laughed it off. Seongwoo did the latter.

 

“It's coz we're on the same team,” He replied, tried to give a reason for their close relationship. True to his words though, as it wasn't a lie because like a destiny they always get the same time. First during their Sorry Sorry performance, and then for Get Ugly dance evaluation performance. He did get a lot closer with the used to pink haired boy during their Sorry Sorry period—those baby pink hue was difficult to maintain and Daniel let the color bleed into a more orange-ish tangerine shade rather than the peach hue he was famous for.

 

“Hyung...?”

 

Seongwoo turned, found the objects of the conversation stood there near the glass door. Daniel wasn't wearing his beanie and his ruffled hair were a mess: tousled in comical ways to different angles like they got their own mind and refuse to cooperate. His white shirt were stick to his skin, turned a bit transparent; it looked kinda looser now as Daniel slowly shed his pounds into a leaner figure. However Daniel's broad shoulder and his stocky appereance still make him looked bigger than Seongwoo though—whom owned a lithe, leaner built eventhough their height were almost on the same numbers.

 

“M'kay, I'll be there,” Seongwoo replied Daniel's call and waved goodbye to Woojin, who waved back to him and Daniel using both of his hands, the maknae's lips mouthed an inaudible see you guys later.

 

The second thing Seongwoo noticed about Daniel was that the rapper actually has a really nice singing voice. It was stable and powerful, pitch high enough for his baritone range. Daniel was quite good in ballad, and apparently he loves to sing in the shower, so occasionally Seongwoo joined for an impromptu duet from the next shower stall. Together they did the much slower, acapella version of Nayana, notes after notes.

 

“...do you see my red shirt somewhere, Hyung?”

 

Seongwoo just put his head through his own shirt, black with one white stripes in the middle. In front of the locker, Daniel only wore his towel—wrapped the fluffy material around his waist. His torso were glistened as he haven't wipe his body dry; droplets of water fell from his locks and rolled down to those chest and continued down to the deep V line on the latter's hip. Daniel's skin was slighty pinkish from the warm shower, emitted a strong cedar scent from the shower gel that made Seongwoo wondered how they smelled slightly different eventhough they were using the same product.

 

“Which one...?” He replied, and damn his voice were hoarse. There's something inside his throat, like a lump, and Seongwoo tried his best to act normal. Ignoring his fast beating heartbeats, Seongwoo peeked into Daniel's locker, “Another red, checkered flannel of yours?”

 

That, was another thing Seongwoo noticed from the younger male. Kang Daniel and checke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter