Final

Friend Zoned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crush. The word had many meanings, yet in Christian’s case he had an a eye for a girl. To him this girl is not just a girl you’ll come across on the street. No. His person of interest was like a rare gem. One that you’d have to look for closely and cautiously through the multiple of precious stones. His gem was full of life, optimistic, kind-hearted, and a feisty one. Feisty with her witty comebacks and snappy comments.

 

Christian’s gem was no other than Janet. Her square-shaped head sustained high perky cheekbones and a small chin. Upon her warm brown skin appeared to be no flaws or blemishes. Besides from the dark circles on her lower lids that she complained, but Christian adored. At the times she would smile broadly to show off those pearly white teeth, Christian’s heart would flutter. The corners of her lips would reach up to her round hooded eyes. Eyes that she’d emphasize with smoky black and brown eyeshadows. He didn’t understood why she did that, but when he caught of gist of it he got the picture. Followed by her sultry hooded eyes was her small stout lips. Lips that Christian every now and then be curious about their feel, taste, and oddly smell. In addition, was her fair bulbous nose.

 

There were times when Janet would doubt her appearance of her face and body. She’ll say that her nose was too wide or her s were too small. Janet had a diamond shaped body. Small narrow shoulders, wide thick hips and a little round to complete it. Not only that, she was shorter than him too. Christian isn’t as tall as 6 feet, though when Janet’s around him it makes him feel that way. The girl’s head reaches his shoulders and there are times when she has to look up at him just to continue with a conversation. It was adorable in its own way.

 

He became friends with Janet through Dabin. Dabin introduced them to each other and they quickly became close over their interests in film-making and production. Janet had produced music videos for underground artists in the States. Her visuals to Christian were stunning. He liked using cool colors and animated transitions in his videos as for Janet enjoyed bright, vivid colors and smooth development.

 

As much as Christian liked being friends with Janet there a void that he couldn’t seem to get rid of. He acknowledged that he had a crush on Janet. Dabin knew it. His friends knew it. Except for Janet. As much as she look into her videos, she could never see the signals that Christian would throw at her. Long ago, Christian had asked Janet her ideal type. She described her ideal type to be a bad boy. Brawny muscles, lots of tattoos, and piercings. He fitted into that category, and his next question was if he was one of them.

 

Janet’s face looked at him blankly and she bursted into laughter. Unknowingly she crushed his heart. Her words were painful to hear, “No! Christian, I don’t see you in that way.”

 

After that he chose not to bring up anything like that again. For fear of getting caught and his emotions towards Janet rejected. For the passing months, Christian had been mute of his love to Janet. Everyday he’d wake up to thoughts of Janet and every night he’d go to sleep with them. It wasn’t affecting his work, but it was noticed by Dabin.

 

Dabin noticed Christian come out to be lost in thought at times. He’d have to pull him out from the trance by shouting his name or either tapping him firmly on the shoulder. It was tiring and Dabin wished for nothing but for Janet to become aware of this.

 

So he advised a plan. A project that he called, “Get Christian to admit his feelings to Janet and hopeful they’ll prosper if Janet says yes” He called up for Janet to show up to Christian’s flat and fabricated a story that he wanted their advice on picking up girls.

 

Surprisingly Janet agreed and she was on her way to Christian’s flat.

 

Christian and Dabin was in Christian’s kitchen. The latter making himself a meal for lunch since he purposefully skipped out on breakfast that day. He was cooking up a plate of seasoned green beans, sliced carrots, red peppers, white enriched rice, and a lemon garlic beef tenderloin.

 

“So what you just do is sprinkle the garlic salt,” Christian reaches out to grab a container of garlic salt, sprinkling the seasoning over the tenderloin and then flipping it over with the spatula. “Flip it, then let it cook for I think ten minutes.” He explains to Dabin.

 

Dabin rubs his hand across his face and nods his head at the sight of the tenderloin. “Why for ten minutes though?” He queried.

 

Christian replies, “Because I like my steaks medium rare and it takes a while for them to get that way when you cook it on medium-low temp.” He grabs a hold of the skillet’s handle and sizzles the tenderloin upon the pan.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter