Notes N’ Words (Chaennie)

Kei's One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Notes N’ Words

 

Every song has a deep meaning behind it. The lyrics depict of unspoken feelings that are waiting to be decoded. Each word was created to let the notes convey it through a melodious harmony and a song is composed to deliver tacit emotions that are so hard to pour out, so difficult to express. Using notes and words to form harmonious meaningful song, they express the love that has been hiding through years of uncertainties and the love that’s kept within their hearts.

 

She strums her guitar, she sings with her soul and she conveys her feelings through her writings, this is how Chaeyoung typically spends her vacant time in between the hectic schedules of the popular group she belongs to. May it be on the waiting room, in the car, or be during short breaks of their dance and vocal practices, Chaeyoung has her pen and paper with her along with the acoustic sound of her guitar at times.

 

“Yah Park Chaeyoung! What are you doing?”

 

This loud playful voice, she knows the owner of it without looking back at this person who just disturbed her peace at a corner with her guitar. “What is it again Lisa?” So she annoyingly responded, letting this playful girl sit beside her in this comfortable couch of their dorm.

 

Lisa snatched the paper away from Chaeyoung’s lap and gives the passage a read, “Another song for you about your love, ‘coz you love the me that’s full of faults…” But the more she reads it loud, the more she cringes as she squeaks, “Ew! What the hell are you writing? It’s so cheesy! Get that thing away from me!”

 

Chaeyoung grabbed the paper back to her own and laughs at her reaction, “It’s a song you idiot! I’m trying to compose and play it soon but I’m kind of stuck since I don’t know how to continue this one. It’s still a secret so don’t go around and tell anyone about it.”

 

“Oh~ that’s amazing! Where are you getting these ideas though? And why are you keeping this a secret?” Lisa asked full of interest.

 

Chaeyoung then wonders herself, “I don’t know. Words just flash into my mind then I’d write it down. I don’t want our unnies to find out about this and laugh at me later.”

 

“You mean Jisoo-unnie and Jennie-unnie?” Lisa questioned and Chaeyoung shyly nodded. “Yeah, those two might just end up teasing you. They always tease us maknaes just because they are unnies.” She then followed up with a sigh.

 

“Which includes you too because you just teased me seconds ago.” Chaeyoung pouted.

 

“But I’m your bestest best friend!” Lisa defended and both laughed at their childishness.

 

The best friends began fooling around the couch, tickling each other by the waist while they burst their laughs out of their lungs and taking revenge from each other until Jisoo’s room door flung open and their dorm dogs came out running followed by the well-dressed Jennie who caught the two flirting endlessly, at least in her perception. Chaeyoung paused from her movements, seeing that irritation puffing out of Jennie’s loud sighs as she had her eagle eyes on her before she walked straight to the kitchen like she saw nothing and no one.

 

“What’s with you guys? You’re so extraordinarily loud.” Jisoo said as she belatedly walked out of the same room where Jennie came from.

 

“Chaeng is—“ Lisa almost had her loud mouth carelessly blabbered their big secret but was immediately slapped by Chaeyoung’s heavy palms.

 

“Shut up!” Chaeyoung screamed.

 

Jennie all the way from the kitchen observed this closeness and the clinginess between the best friends. This has been going on ever since Chaeyoung first joined the group and this intimacy between then should be typical and not out of ordinary anymore. However, that’s not the case for Jennie as every time she sees them this intimate right in front of her very own eyes, she has this annoyance building up inside her and sometimes, if it gets over the limit, she would snap out just like now that they seem to be unstoppable with their laughter.

 

Jennie slammed the empty glass on the dining table to get everyone’s confused attention, just for her to announce coldly, “Let’s go. We still have a meeting at the office right after our schedule today. Let’s get moving and stop with your games there.”

 

Lisa watched the older woman with heavy footsteps storming out of the dorm and noticed how cold she’s suddenly got. “Wow, what’s wrong with her? Is she on period or something?” She then mumbled and annoyingly followed the orders given strictly.

 

Chaeyoung has been noticing more than anyone else lately however, regarding Jennie’s bizarre actions and coldness she throws to them. She’s the smartest one among them and this oddness is of Jennie is noticeable. She did see those glares and arrows darting at her and Lisa whenever they are together. She can smell that dark aura coming out from her whenever Lisa gets loud and playful with her. And also the most painful one in her part, she’s being avoided whenever Lisa is with her.

 

But too naïve to feel Jennie’s real intentions out of those gestures, Chaeyoung concluded, “She must hate me for getting too close to Lisa. Damn that Limario is such an oppa she even got Jennie-unnie whipped for her.”

 

So she thought, but painfully that she was ignored yet again. Chaeyoung has been following this admirable woman from behind, all the time and all she can do is to adore her from her physical attributes to her countless talents she can offer to the fans. She has her eyes on Jennie the entire time but she’s being overlooked for some reason she doesn’t know. There are days Jennie literally acts like they don’t know each other, like a stranger who happened to be on a same stage.

 

“Why are you still here?”

 

And if there’s one in a million times that they find a chance to talk alone without anyone’s attention around them, it’s when they come across this practice room after their intense dance practices and hectic schedules.

 

“Jennie-unnie!” The startled Chaeyoung squatted on the cold floor with her guitar in her lap nervously looked up to the woman she adores slowly walking towards her.

 

Jennie bent down and once again asks, “What are you doing here all alone? Everyone already went back home and you’re still here. The building is closing up later too.”

 

Chaeyoung quickly hid her crumpled paper behind her back and awkwardly giggles in reply, “W-w-well… some more guitar practices? We’ll be having fan meeting soon and we’ll be releasing an album with me playing guitar for the acoustic version so yeah… I need to practice not to get rusty.”

 

“Oh really?” Jennie smirked as she picked up one of the crumpled papers scattered around Chaeyoung. Then she teases, “Or maybe you’re secretly composing behind our backs?”

 

Chaeyoung has her cheeks flushing red as she’s now completely caught out of her covers she’s been trying so hard to hide from her. She lowers down her head to hide her blush that rushed up to her ears and let her long black hair cover whole face, using it as blinds not to see that amused smirk coming out from those glossy lips of Jennie.

 

Later, Jennie squats beside her and comforts this younger one like a leader she can be, “C’mon, don’t be shy. So what if you’re composing a song? As far as I can remember our boss did ask you to write one for us to include in the next album, right? What’s the point of hiding it from us?”

 

“It’s just that… it’s embarrassing…” Chaeyoung timidly responded while she fidgets her fingers on top of her guitar to compose herself. “By the way, how did you find out unnie?” She then asked out of her curiosity.

 

“Lisa has been blabbering about it on the elevator. She’s laughing at that cheesy line she read from your notes.”

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and cursed under her breath, “Really, that girl cannot be trusted. I’ll choke her and have Dalgom eat her alive once I get back at the dorm.”

 

“According to her, you’re stuck from writing though. Do you need some help?” Jennie continues on saying and Chaeyoung sits back up straight to properly face her worried unnie.

 

“Yeah… I thought composing and writing would be easy but I guess not. I don’t know how to do this. I might end up disappointing the staffs.” Chaeyoung frowned as she’s downhearted with the thought.

 

Jennie clearly sees this sadness in her eyes, slowly giving up from her desires and enthusiasm she used to have in music. She has known Chaeyoung as music maniac and to see her dejected pains her.  Often times, Chaeyoung can be the loudest member when the talks of music come on but now she’s tight-lipped. Likewise, Jennie has been observing her as well, unknown to anyone around them, like a stalker who cannot keep an eye out of their preys.

 

Jennie then resolves to end Chaeyoung’s misery. She walked towards her piano set on the side and settled herself in it and said while caressing the keys with her smooth fingers, “Do you have inspiration while writing that composition?”

 

“Uhm… none? I’m just jotting down whatever comes into my mind but so far I barely made one stanza.” Chaeyoung honestly said which resulted to another embarrassment she blushed more intense.

 

“You need to have one.” Jennie advised and she got Chaeyoung’s full ears for a listen. “When composing a song, you need to have an inspiration in your mind. It can be a person, a thing, anything or anyone that you want to convey with. You cannot write anything by just merely connecting words. To create a meaningful song, you need something as a reference because we deliver our unheard and unspoken emotions through a song.” She articulated further.

 

But still, Chaeyoung is puzzled for it’s unclear to her what just Jennie said. “Sorry unnie, I still don’t get it. Can you show me a sample?” She then requested.

 

Jennie full-heartedly agrees, “Okay. I’ll play one of the songs I composed. I’ll just sing the first verse. I haven’t played this in front of anyone else yet so you’re the first. You better listen carefully.”

 

“It’s an honor unnie!” Chaeyoung excitedly said as she repositioned herself to face Jennie in her piano, like a fan girl in her light sticks sitting on the audience.

 

It didn’t take long for Jennie to set-up her piano. With her careful and delicate fingers, she began pressing the keys smoothly, so tender that Chaeyoung found her eyes closing to the rhythm.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter