Final.

The Best Gifts Come in the Smallest Packages

Tzuyu watched the older girl like a hawk; despite being all the way in their kitchen, she had to know when her girlfriend reached out to open the largest gift that was under the tree. Thankfully Mina was currently distracted right now, Tzuyu didn’t want her to see how nervous she was. Usually they would have been at a friend’s house celebrating Christmas but the younger girl managed to convince Mina that they should just celebrate with just the two of them.

Mina’s laugh pulls Tzuyu out of her thoughts as she looks up at the older girl, lips curving into a loving smile. “What is it?” she asks as she makes her way towards her girlfriend. “Look what Dahyun got us,” Mina turns her head so that she can look at the younger girl and with the gift in her hands, she raises them so that Tzuyu can get a better look at them. “She got us couple onesies,” Tzuyu shakes her head in disbelief, she can’t believe that Dahyun got them couple onesies, but knowing the older girl it doesn’t surprise her.

Tzuyu notices Mina moving to reach the large gift, the gift that she had gotten for her girlfriend. “And now for the final gift,” she can hear the excitement laced in Mina’s tone and the nervousness begins to build up inside of Tzuyu once again, there’s no going back. Mina opens the box, brows furrowing in confusion, “There’s another box?” she asks as she looks up at Tzuyu, hoping to get an answer out of her.

The younger girl’s heart melts at how adorable her girlfriend looks right now and for a moment her nerves manage to die down slightly, “Open it,” she replies.

With each box she opens, a smaller one appears within the previous one, leading Mina to become more and more confused. “Tzuyu-ah, what is this?” she questions, her gaze on the younger girl once again, but her girlfriend doesn’t respond. At first she had been surprise, Tzuyu had never gotten her big gifts, usually opting for much smaller and meaningful gifts. Mina opened the next box and a sigh escapes her lips at the sight of yet another box, she was beginning to question whether the girl was messing with her and had actually gotten her nothing.

However that thought was quickly brushed off when another box appeared but this time the box had a small note attached to the top. ‘Only two more left’, Mina read the words, noticing immediately that it was in her girlfriend’s handwriting.  These four words began to make her feel anticipation so she quickly opened the next box and once again a note was attached. ‘Just one more’, after reading the note, Mina waited for a moment, calming herself before opening the final box slowly.

A gasp escaped Mina’s lips, her heart stopping upon eyeing the contents of the box; she hadn’t been expecting this from the younger girl.  Out of all the gifts she could have possibly been given, she wasn’t expecting there to be a silver ring with a single diamond. She reached out to pick the ring but was stopped immediately when she felt Tzuyu’s hand grabbing hers.

The older girl turned head to look at the younger girl, who was only looking at her with so much love in her eyes. With Mina distracted, Tzuyu picked up the ring and slowly knelt down so that she was eye level with the older girl, her gaze never leaving Mina’s face as she did so. “Unnie,” Tzuyu’s voice was soft but the older girl could sense the nervousness in her tone, she kept quiet, listening intently as the younger girl continued to talk.

“I love you unnie, so much. We’ve been together for a long time, and even when we started as friends, I didn’t think that we would ever be together.” Tzuyu paused for a moment, looking away as she took a deep breath to calm her nerves. Noticing this, Mina gently caressed Tzuyu’s empty hand, hoping to comfort her. The younger girl smiled at the action and raised her head to look at her girlfriend, “But ever since we started dating, I’ve thought ah this is the girl for me, this is the one that I want to spend the rest of my life with.”

Mina could feel the tears building up and she tried her hardest so that they didn’t fall. “We’ve had our ups and downs, we’ve fought through all the hard times but they’ve only just made our love grow stronger,” Mina wiped her eyes to stop the tears that were threating to fall, she began to think of everything they’ve been through together. And the tears began to fall as all of their memories played through her head. She was immediately taken out of her thoughts when she felt the younger girl wipe away her tears and caress her face gently.

“What I want to ask you is,” Tzuyu took a deep breath; this was it she was finally going to ask the question she had wanted to ask for a long time. “Myoui Mina will you make me the happiest woman on earth and marry me?” Tzuyu held her breath as she waited for the older girl to respond. Mina’s heart stopped once again,

“I will,” she replied after what felt like years for Tzuyu, but she didn’t care, the older girl had said yes and that was all that mattered. “Really?” she asked, wanting to double-check that she wasn’t imagining things. Mina laughed softly at her words, the tears falling as she nodded in response, “Yes.” Tzuyu lips formed into a grin as she wrapped her arms around the older girl’s waist, revelling in her warmth before pulling away and capturing Mina’s lips with her own.

Mina smiled into the kiss, returning with the same fervour as she wrapped her arms around Tzuyu’s neck. Their kiss lasted for a few minutes before Tzuyu pulled away, breathing heavy as she gazed at the older girl with so much love. The younger girl took Mina’s left hand, caressing gently before she slowly places the ring on her ring finger. The smile never leaves Mina’s face, she still couldn’t believe that Tzuyu had proposed, but right now she was the happiest she’s been.

Once the ring was placed, the older girl raises her hands and cups Tzuyu’s face, “I love you Chou Tzuyu,” with a beaming face, Mina leans in slowly and kisses the younger girl.

Tzuyu wraps her arms around Mina’s waist, hands slowly making their way under her shirt and caressing her skin gently. She bites her the older girl’s lips gently, causing her to gasp and allow Tzuyu to deepen the kiss. As she does so she begins to lift Mina and once she feels her girlfriend wrap her legs around her waist, she begins walking to their bedroom. The both of them forgetting about everything else and spending the rest of the night together.