Chapter 1

Something More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Please, ___, just this once! I promise to pay you back!” You look up from placing your textbooks in your backpack to see Daehyun next to your desk, puppy dog eyes in full effect.

You shake your head, “No way, Dae. Last time I gave you my notes they were covered in coffee stains. I had to rewrite three chapters worth of notes overnight.” You zip your bag closed and push back in your chair to stand up. Daehyun drops to his knees and grabs the hem of your shirt.

“I’ll swear off of coffee until I’m finished with them! Please, your notes are always the best and the only way I’ll pass the exam. I won’t graduate if I fail!” He’s pulling hard enough on your shirt that it causes you to lean down. You huff and flick the middle of his forehead with your finger.

“You get thirty minutes to make a photocopy of my notes. Use the copiers in the library.” Daehyun lets go of you with a shout of victory and pops up to his feet, hands out, palms up, waiting for your notebook. You sling your backpack off and carefully pull out your notebook. You give one last look to the pristine pages, aware that a lot can happen in thirty minutes, and place your notes in Daehyun’s hands. He gives you a pat on the shoulder and sprints off to the library.

You make your way outside, squinting at the bright spring sunshine. In another few months, you would graduate and prepare for the new chapter of your life in college. You had sent off applications to every university possible, both near and far, and were still waiting for the remaining replies to come in. There was one, however, that you weren’t sure if you wanted to know the result. The university of your dreams was on the other side of the world and if you were to be accepted you knew that you could not say no. You stand for a while and try to imagine what life would be like for the next four years when you hear someone calling your name. You glance around to find the source when you notice an arm waving in the air. Your lips pull into a smile and you hurry over to the two boys standing next to the car.

“Hey!” Himchan smiles as you near, “Where is everyone else?”

“Youngjae is tutoring some of the freshmen, Jongup and Junhong have practice, and Daehyun is copying my notes,” you rattle off. Himchan gives a nod and checks his phone. You turn your attention to the boy resting on the hood of the car. The wind plays lightly with strands of his hair and you feel your chest tighten.

Yongguk gives you a gummy smile, “How was school?”

“Oh, the usual,” you brush off, “I’m ready to graduate already.” Yongguk laughs in understanding and the two of you settle into a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter