Part 3

My Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s not like mom didn’t teach me any manners or anything. In fact, I think I know how to treat people with friendliness, also add in the fact that I work in Blanche which requires me face customers on a day to day basis.

If you count in the fact that I am also the Student Council President of my school, which requires me to have good interpersonal skills to communicate, I surely treat people around me well if of course, they didn’t get on my bad side.

Well too bad, my brain automatically registers “Yoo Jeongyeon” as someone who was constantly gets on my “bad side”.

 

 

 

My eyes keep twitching today. My skin tingles. The weather seems too gloomy; dark and dull. I need someone to talk to.

“Jennie-ah.” I flailed my hand in front of her.

“Yes, unnie?”

“I feel bad for disturbing your work but-“

“It’s fine, was about to take a short break anyways.” She smiles. “So? What’s up?”

Seeing how she smiled, I naturally smiled back.

“I feel weird today.”

“Weird how?”

“My eyes keep twitching. It can’t be a bad sign, is it? I constantly feel like I’m on the edge of my seat.”

“Eyes twitc-“

“Don’t you know when your eyes twitch, it means that someone is talking about you, or something bad is about to happened. If what I read from the internet is true, I believe.” Jisoo cuts in rudely during Jennie’s sentence.

“Where did you read it from- Wait, how and why do you read about stuff like this in the first place?”

“Was reading about it a few nights ago – was bored.” She yawns.

“I wonder why you fall asleep in classes often.” I said sarcastically.

“I can’t help it alright, I need to satisfy my thirst of my knowledge. My knowledge grows hungry at night.”

“Yeah you and your useless knowledge. Use that time to sleep instead. I wished I had more time to sleep more, y’know?” I yawned too. “Though, thanks for the not-so-useless knowledge today.” I stood up.

“You’re welcome.” She replies sarcastically. “Where you’re going?”

“Work. You know, the usual.”

“Unnie, here’s an umbrella. It looks like it might rain anytime.” Jennie place a cute-looking strawberry designed umbrella into my bag.

“Thanks, sweetie.” I pat her head gently.

“I’ll be going then. I see you two tomorrow.”

Jennie smiles, which earns her another pat on her head – she looks like she somehow enjoys it. Jisoo simply nods in understanding as they both watched my figure exited the classroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Like how Jennie said it would be, a sudden downpour occurred right in front as I made my way to the entrance of the school. Her cute umbrella makes me crack a smile as I opened it to reveal different colour strawberries of different sizes.

Cute.

I didn’t know Jennie was this adorable.

 

 

 

And – just like how everything happening so far was foreshadowing a bad premonition, naturally it had an answer to my ever-growing worries. I could have sworn I felt chills down my spine as I opened the door.

I see the two boys that threatened me a few days back. As soon as I thought I could afford to relax a bit, the air of heaviness suddenly enclosed me. My mind went blank.

Why, why, why were they here?

I could feel my pupils shaking as I scanned the area for the hopes of that one person who could possibly answer that question – Yoo Jeongyeon. Not here… There she was. Sitting in the corner while reading a book again. The smirk on her face tells me she knows I’m here. I was bubbling with anxiousness as I try to make my way to the staff lounge. After I’m done changing, I need answers from her, and ASAP at that.

It hasn’t been long since I started working in Blanche – about 6 months now, and I was sure I’m used to eyes staring at me; after all I was wearing a maid outfit and working here. I mustered just enough courage to walked out to the floor, something about the wariness of those two boys that came made me feel uncomfortable and fidgety for the first during my time working in Blanche.

Luckily, that person’s seat was in the corner as I made my way there. I’m sure that she has a part in this, I swear on god’s behalf.

The blonde sees me approaching but remained stationary whilst still reading her goddamn book at this point – which makes me a little infuriated.

“Dear Master-nim, did you call for me?” I lied barefacedly.

“Nope, I didn’t. Now let me read my book in peace.”

For a moment, I swear I could see the corner of her lips going up while she puts on that pokerface.

“Master-nim.” I moved in closer, hoping that the other guests wouldn’t overhear about our conversation. “What are they doing here?” I smile.

She puts down her book and took off her spectacles.

“What do you mean?” The usual-sly-smirk appeared.

“You better tell me what’s going on right now, my school life is at risk here.” I gritted my teeth whilst smiling. “I don’t have time to joke around.”

She gets the hint that I wasn’t fooling around, did she sense my desperation?

“I know you told them something the other day. Tell me.” I demanded.

She stares at me for a while, and reluctantly muttered something.

“Goddamn, you’re a cute nugget.” She muttered under her breath.

“What did you say?” I couldn’t hear properly.

“I just told them to keep their mouth shut, that’s all. Plus, why tell the whole school you work here when the two of them could keep this beautiful sight of the school president in a maid outfit to themselves? At least, that’s what I told them.” Her eyes scanned me from head to toe. “I haven’t heard any news about you in school.”

I unconsciously took a step back, some sort of protective reaction against her erted eyes.

“Really? That’s all…?”

“They agreed. That’s all that matters.” She smiles. “Not like I was lying about how good the school president looked in a maid outfit.”

I could feel myself blushing from her comment.

Before I knew it, I mouthed something.

 

 

 

 

“Thank you.”

 

 

 

For once, I wasn’t being a brat and was able to thank for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter