Honey, I'm home

Honey, I'm home

"Honey, I'm home!" The obnoxious call comes the instant Hoseok steps foot into your shared apartment. It has become a cheesy tradition that you secretly treasure; whenever he returns from a tour or a particularly long day at the studio he'll greet you like the two of you are the star couple on a fifties-style sitcom. Though, today the words fall on deaf ears as you are resting in the bedroom, lost in peaceful sleep.

When Hoseok registers the silence filling every room, he discards his jacket on the back of the first chair he passes and sets off in search of you, not even bothering to remove his shoes. He keeps quiet on the off chance that you really are asleep, but he secretly hopes that you are just preoccupied with your laptop, unable to hear through the music blaring in your headphones. He has been eager to fill you in on the adventures of the most recent tour ever since the plane touched down hours ago and the thought of delaying the storytelling even further has him pouting ever so slightly.

Holding on to his hope that you might still be awake somewhere, the bedroom is the last place he checks. He recognizes your sleeping form immediately, hidden under the thick covers to fight off the chill of the air conditioning that is always a little too eager to do its job. Hoseok makes a mental note to call the repairman--for the third time now--as he shuffles over to your side of the bed.

He could never bring himself to wake you simply to gush about the tour, so he instead uses this opportunity to admire your features. Standing there in the soft, muted light of the bedroom he is suddenly struck again with just how much he missed you. As incredibly wonderful as tours and concerts are, there is no other feeling he could compare to the absolute sense of peace and the feeling of being whole that washes over him when he is finally able to return to you.

The sight of you curled up among the covers with your hair a mess against the pillows has him longing to lie beside you, to wrap his arms around your waist as an extra barrier against the chill and to play with your hair until he himself falls asleep there next to you.

He wastes no time in exchanging his airport attire for a more comfortable set of well worn sweatpants and a t-shirt that you lovingly about because of how often he wears it. He returns to the bed and pulls back the covers in one quick motion, eager to finally be back in his own bed after staying in unfamiliar hotel rooms for so long. However, he is shocked into a pause when he catches sight of your own sleep attire.

His sweatshirt.

He recalls, suddenly, a conversation he had with you once, earlier into your relationship when him being on tour was still a new and odd occurrence. You had mentioned that sometimes, when missing him began to feel too lonely, you would put on one of the t-shirts or hoodies he had left behind in order to make him feel just a bit closer to home. Even the thought of it had melted him on spot at the time, but he had never seen this action for himself until this moment.

He can't decide if the lurch of his heart is a result of how absolutely precious you look sleeping in his clothing or the fact that you must have been missing him if you were wearing it now. Either way, he can't stop the brilliant smile that spreads over his face as he climbs under the covers and pulls you flush against his chest in a gentle hug. He does his best to keep from disturbing you, but seconds after he settles down, you give a soft, sleepy groan and flutter your eyes several times before they remain open and lock onto Hoseok's.

"Hobi?" The words are mangled by the evidence of sleep in your throat, but the smile that crosses your bleary eyed face is clear enough.

"Honey, I'm home." Hoseok whispers the phrase, a cheesy grin stretching his lips and crinkling the corners of his eyes.

"I see that." You mumble, closing your eyes again and burying your head in the space between his neck and shoulder. "I missed you." The whispered words are followed by pressing a light kiss to his collar bone.

"I missed you too." Hoseok says, his arm snaking around your waist to pull you closer. "More than you can ever know."

You hum against his skin in place of a reply and he smiles, "I like your choice in sleepwear today." His teasing words have you freezing momentarily as you rush to recall what exactly you had pulled on before passing out several hours ago. You only hide your face further when you recall the black hoodie that had smelled so comfortingly like Hoseok. He chuckles at your reaction and begins to rub soothing circles with his thumb against your back. "Don't get shy, I think it looks much better on you than it ever has on me."

At this you scoff and lift your head to raise an eyebrow at him, "Oh I highly doubt that. But," You pause to let a yawn pass, "I say we leave all the debating and catching up for later." You frown at the bruise colored half moons under his eyes and lift a hand to gently run your fingers through his hair in the way he loves. "For now, I think we could both use a good nap." you press a feather-light kiss to his lips before rolling over to settle back under the covers.

Hoseok rolls with you and hooks his arm over your waist again, "Only if you promise to wear that hoodie whenever we nap from now on."

Your laugh is more of a huff of air as sleep is already pulling you under once more, but you manage to mumble "deal" before your mind is lost to the soft edges of sleep.