Chapter 1

Guardian Angel

It's widely known in the mortal world: Angels are kind, holy beings. But what they don't know is that we are very much like humans - we have two eyes, one nose, one mouth. Just that we have something special which represents us. Oh yea, our system are pretty much similar too, we have hierarchy and have to listen to the upper ups. Well, having said that, you must have guessed my status in here - I'm in the lowest level. Unfrtunately or not, I have just converted into a guardian angel. Simply put, I've graduated from the guardian course and am qualified to have my own human. She's going to be born today. 

"Not yet. Two more hours." I turned to see who's the annoying one trying to distract me from anticipating my human. 

"Sir" I bowed in respect the moment I saw him. He is Jin, the Arch Angel. He's in charge of all of us guardian angels. 

"There's only both of us here. Don't need for these ceremony." He smiled "Wow, our dear Faith has grown so much..." sigh. "When you go down there remember to be careful and don't try to break the rules. Everyone can see you. I wouldn't be able to save you if you did something wrong yea." He finished his sentence with the contract flashed infront of my face. Hmm, he is a nice fella, I'm going to miss him.

"Huggiesssss" I threw myself into his arms. "I'm so gonna miss you". 

"Don't be silly" He chuckled. "You'll still be able to see me." He my hair gently.

"But you're busy and will have more angels to take care of." I pouted. 

"True. But you know, this is our nature."


With that, I'm currently witnessing her birth. Such a beautiful baby. Her tiny eyes, nose and lips, that's the power of life. But she is crying no, bawling. Oh my, this little being can really be loud. Wait, I'm her guardian, I should embrace her flaws. I leaned in and left a peck on her forehead. From now on, she has my sign and she's officially under my care. Can't wait to start the journey with her. 

I heard her parents discussing about her name. This little being is unnamed. I would want her to be a smart lady when she grows up. "Jihye..." I adored her sleeping self as I subconsciously came up with that. 

"Jihye that is." I hear her dad say. I was startled. Wow. Me and this human sure do share an affinity.

 

I left the room, knowing my human is sleeping well. Just then, I knocked into someone. I was shocked. I, an angel, knocked into a human? My eyes were wide open. Seeing the back of a human wearing white rushing off into a room. Something is wrong, this shouldn't happen. Curious, I picked up myself and went in his direction.

No, he's not human. He's a fellow angel too. But he was the opposite. Instead of receiving, he's sending off his human. I saw him getting emotional as he suppressed his tears. I left my handkerchief floating in front of him and left. What if my human is leaving and I couldn't do anything to save her...? Just thinking about it made me sad. 


"Arghhhh. Report report report. What nonsense. She's just born today. What's there to report." I ranted as I thought of what to record. 

"Someone's complaining on her first day. Good luck." Jimin cooed.

"Jimin. Can you teach me how to?" I plastered on my widest smile in hopes of him helping me out.

"Where's that sassy intern I had back then?" He scoffed. "Come here, I'll show you mine." 

Jimin is two years my senior, and I was under him during my internship. I saw his struggle but simply laughed at him since I just need to observe his interaction with his human. All the backend stuff, I never had to do any as he always wanted to do everything himself. That's his dedication to his human. Then again, he's always so independent and would not want to disturb his other seniors. He's annoying but deep down, he cares alot. His human is supposed to be an all rounder, so much for him to take when caring for an ordinary human is already tough enough.