Reminiscing...

No One Knows Our Love Story

The sun was shining over us while we all sat down at the bench to eat up our ice cream. As usual I would try my friend's flavors and share my thoughts on it. Without thinking, I grabbed yours and took a bite out of it. I knew your girlfriend was mad at me by the way she glared at me. But you didn't care, you grabbed mine and took a bite of it. I laughed it off and told you and everyone that I was going home. When I got back at home, little did I know, my parent's were packing up going on a far away trip. My siblings and I were informed that we had to leave the house soon because they already bought another house on the other side of town. My heart was crushed, I couldn't possibly leave my friends and go to another school. I walked out and saw that you were coming back to my friends house who lived upstairs from me. You saw me crying and quickly came up to me. I didn't want to talk so I ran off down the train tracks. You finally caught up and asked me what was wrong. I cried and cried and explained that I was leaving. You offered me a hug and then whispered in my ear, "I know something that will make you happy." As I pulled back and looked at you, you gave me another hug and said to me, "I'm back". I was confused, I didn't understand what you meant by I'm back. I stared at your face with tears rolling down still. You then said, "Remember me? It's me! We use to be friends but my family had moved away." I couldn't beleive what I was hearing, It was you! I was right! Tears then came falling down as I reached my hands out and hugged you tighter. I couldn't beleive it, after so many years, we finally met again. As we walked back, we talked about how we both missed and asked for each other everyday. You then stopped walking and looked down. I asked you what was wrong, you then said, "There was never a day, I stopped asking myslef and wonder where you were." I smiled right back and told you "same here". While my friend was waiting outside for you, we exchanged our phone numbers as I walked back inside to pack up. Later that night, you then called me. We talked about our childhood and how we would fight over on what characters we would be while playing house. It was like the light in my world was switch back on again. We talked and talked until the sun came out. You told me things that had happened to you over the years and so did I. My bestfriend was back in my life, but little did I know, my heart welcomed her back in a different way.