He said no?

When boys fall in love

Jungkook is not a bad person, he’s just stupid. Of course, he’s extremely smart but at the same time, so stupid. Stupid in the sense that he doesn’t really think before he does things. He doesn’t think of how he might hurt someone or receive consequences for what he does. It’s not really his fault though. He was born to two parents who were told they could never have kids. The couple decided to give up trying but a few months and a used pregnancy test later their wish came true. His parents were so excited about this precious miracle baby. Knowing they were probably never going to have another kid because the first one was so unexpected, they gave the little boy everything he wanted. To say he was spoiled is an understatement. When the boy wanted something at the store, he got it. When he wanted to sleepover his friends house on a school night, they let him. When he had trouble getting around, he got a car. When he had trouble in school, they paid someone to “help” him. This “help” included paying some kid to do his work for him. The kids always agreed because of the huge amount of money they offered as payment. They gave the boy everything because they simply adored him.

Now, Jungkook is starting his last year of high school, and is already in trouble halfway through his first day.

“It’s not my fault!” Jungkook yelled at his principal.

“Then whose is it? You were seen chewing gum right before it happened!” The principal yelled back.

“I didn’t put the gum in her hair but I can’t say she didn’t deserve it.” Jungkook said glancing at the girl outside the office window trying to pull gum out of her long hair.

A long silence fell. The principal had talked to this girl before and he had to admit she was a pain in the . He laughed a little on the inside but simply sighed and said “Jeon, is this really how you want to start your senior year? Colleges hear you’re pulling this kind of crap and you won’t get in anywhere.”

“I’m not going to college.” Jungkook said quite nonchalantly. The principal’s eyes widened. He could not believe what he was hearing. Yes, Jungkook did get into a lot of trouble but he was incredibly smart. He had some of the best test scores in the city and considering how many live in Busan, that’s saying something. The principal had grown to like the boy over the years despite the scolding and detentions. The boy didn’t mind him either. To call it a friendship would be weird, they just got along. So, hearing that the boy didn’t want to go to college struck him.

“What? Are you crazy? You have to go to college! You are way too smart to not go. Plus, what will your parents think?’’ The principal says loudly.

“I think we both know my parents will let me do anything I want.” Jungkook says with a bored look. The principal recalled the many times he had called the boy’s parents in to discuss what Jungkook had done that particular day. Every time he told the couple what their son had done they made up excuses for him. They would defend him with everything they had. He knew the parents were just trying to help their son but it took a toll on the boy more than they knew. As Jungkook got older, he started to see the power he had over his parents and knew he could get in as much trouble as he wanted without it ever really affecting him.

“So what, are you going to live in your parent’s house for the rest of your life with no job or ambition or family?” The principal asked annoyed.

“Maybe.” Jungkook said with a shrug. He grinned a little realizing he had effectively changed the topic from the gum girl.

“Jungkook, how can you say that?”

“Look, if you are going to punish me for the gum then do it. Otherwise, I am leaving because frankly whether I go to college or not is none of your business.” Jungkook spits back.

“Get out of here.” He says defeated.

 

Jungkook left the office feeling a little exhausted. Talking about his parents did that to him. He obviously loves his parents a lot but he also resents them a little. He felt like it was their fault for him becoming who he is. They made him greedy and spoiled and just a brat and he knew it. By giving him everything he ever wanted they damaged him. He felt like his parents didn’t think he was capable of doing anything on his own. So, inevitably he started to think this about himself too. He felt like if he went to college he would fail. And it may sound weird but sometimes he wished he could fail a test and go home to disappointed parents. He figured disappointment means that they expected him to do better because they know he can. Instead, he went home to parents who say ‘you will get it next time’ or ‘you did your best’. Being that he was a spoiled brat he only managed to find one friend that stayed by him. His name was Seokjin. He was a lanky boy with a really big heart. The two were almost complete opposites but they somehow worked together. Jungkook pulled out his phone and texted his tall friend.

JK: Wanna go out to eat after class lets out? I don’t really feel like going home today.

Jin: Sure but we aren’t going to a bar again because you got wrecked last time.

JK: I don’t get wrecked. I have fun.

Jin: Yeah exactly YOU have fun while I end up carrying you out once you’ve had too many.

JK: Fine! No bar. Buzzkill.

Jin: Idiot. Meet me in our usual place after class.

JK: Will do.

 

Once Jungkook had sat through the rest of his classes without really listening he walked to the boy’s locker room. This is where him and Jin usually met because he had gym as his last class. When he walked in he found Jin pulling off his sweaty shirt and replacing it with a clean one. He walked to Jin and sat on the bench next to him.

“Hey” Jungkook says excitedly. Jin made an angry face and crossed his arms. “What’s that face for?”

“You put gum in some poor girl’s hair?” He asked disappointed.

“Oh……..You heard about that?”

“What the Kook! You told me you were going to try to get in less trouble!”

“I did try.” Jin moved his hands to his hips.

“You did?” Jin asked knowing the other was full of .

“Yes…..Just not very hard.” Jin just sighed and shoved his clothes in his duffle bag. Jin looked genuinely mad at him. Jungkook put out his big bottom lip and stared at Jin with his dark eyes. He knew Jin could not stay angry at him. Jin tried to ignore him but to no use as Jungkook used his cuteness on him. “Please forgive me Jinnie!” the boy said shaking the other’s long arm.

Jin let out a long sigh “Fine! But you’re paying for our food.” The younger boy grinned.

“Oh, Jinnie! You are too easy.” Jungkook laughs. Jin already knows that.

 

The boys go to their favorite restaurant and are brought to a table in the back. They sit and the waiter asks what they want to drink. Jin orders water while Jungkook tells her he will get a drink from the bar. The waiter leaves before Jungkook feels eyes on him. Jin is giving him the death stare.

“What?” Jungkook asks.

“You said you weren’t going to drink.”

“I am just going to have one drink. I promise.” Jin sighs as Jungkook makes his way to the bar. He sits and waits for the bartender to ask what he wants.

“What can I-” The bartender starts. Jungkook is wondering what caused him to stop talking.

“Uh…..I will have a-”

“You aren’t 19, are you?” The bartender interrupts. Being underage, Jungkook had faced bartenders before that had put up a fight on serving him alcohol but he usually got them to cave. He would use his cute looks for girl bartenders and the ‘i am your bro’ type thing for guys. If neither of those worked, he would use money.

“Of course I am.” He said sliding 150,000 won [about $130] into the man’s shirt pocket. The man pulled the bill back out before putting it in front of the boy again.

“I don’t serve people underaged. Now go back to your table.” The man said. Jungkook felt something weird at that moment. Someone had just told he could not have something he wanted. Nobody had ever really told him no before.

“What?” Jungkook asked surprised.

“I said little kids don’t get to drink while I am serving.” said the man.

“Little kid? How old do you think I am?”

“Look kid, I don’t know and I don’t really care. So, until you come back with a real ID saying you are at least 19, no drinks.” The man said flashing a smirk. Jungkook got up and walked back to Jin with utter surprise on his face. Not only did the other tell him no, he did it so mockingly. He sat back down and stared in the bartenders direction.

“You didn’t get a drink?” Jin asked.

“No. The bartender was a .” He said.

“He didn’t serve you?!” Jin said letting out a fit of laughter. “Serves you right! Or maybe it doesn’t serve you like the bartender!” Jin was great at making dad jokes. He laughed so hard while the other blushed in embarrassment. He couldn’t believe this was happening. Soon they were eating and Jungkook’s eyes stayed on the bartender. Once they were done Jungkook decided he needed to talk to this bartender again. He got up ignoring the questions from Jin asking where he was going. He went back to the bartender and said “Excuse me!”

“I am not serving you.” He said roughly.

“I wasn’t going to ask you to. I just wanted to know your name.”

“My name? Why?” He said sounding almost bored.

“Because I will figure it out eventually, just thought you might want to help me out.”

“Well, have fun trying because I am not telling you.”

“Why?”

“Cause I don’t want a crazy pre-teen stalker.”

“At least I am aging. Before you called me a little kid, now I am a pre-teen. But, anyways I will be back tomorrow to get your name. I assume you will be working.” Jungkook said before walking out of the restaurant with Jin.

 

Yoongi had never met a kid so persistent about getting a drink before. But why did he ask for his name?

 

Jin led the way back to his house. Jungkook had not said a word since they left the restaurant.

“What did you say to that bartender?’’ Jin asked curiously.

“Nothing. But, I think I am going to be eating there a lot more.”

“Why? You have a crush on him?”

“ you! I’m not gay!”

“You sure? You stared at the guy the whole time we were there.”

“I didn’t stare.” Jungkook says knowing that he was definitely staring.

“I mean, I don’t blame you. He was a good looking guy. You should try to get a date.”

“A date? He is a guy and I am not gay!”

“Whatever you say Kookie!” Jungkook just snarls at him. He was right though, the bartender was an attractive guy. He had these black locks that swept right above his eyes and even though he was frowning he still looked very cute. He had little brown eyes surrounded with perfect eyeliner and a cute little nose and thin lips. Any girl would be crazy about him. Jungkook thought about what he had said to the pouty man. Why did he want to know his name so badly? What was it he felt when he said no to him? It was not a bad feeling, it was almost liberating. He felt like he was going to get to earn something. By going there everyday he would eventually learn his name as his prize. He smiled as he realized his parents could buy him any object he wanted but they could not buy a person. Even though they might try. He knew he needed to get the name one way or another.