Chapter 2 / Fase one

The Trip

[ Sora's p.o.v ]

 


We were all sitting around the wooden pic nic table outside the house. The bbq grill was already turned off and the plates in front of us were , by now, half-empty. We were planning to have a "Korean barbeque night" and fortunatelly we made it. Everyone was done with eating, except for Zelo of course. His appetite was indeed insatiable. Thankfully, he had good metabolism which allowed him not to gain weight easily. I turned my head to look at the lake for a second. Everything here was peacefully. And i really liked that. I am not a person who is into the hubbub, partying or clubbing all the time. I didn't say that i don't like those activities but i prefer not to do them frequently.


 "The only thing that i have to say is that the place here is beautiful." I heard Youngjae saying.


 "I agree but it is quite...isolated. Zelo just told us that the nearest town is like almost an hour from here..with the car. And the closest neighboring house is 20 minutes with car, again." Kyung-ah said, while was crossing her hands. 


"Indeed, that is an disadvantage. But look around you. Everything is beautiful. I know the town is a little far from here but it is not that we can't go there. Tomorrow we will. " Zelo nodded his head, agreeing with me. 


"Yeah. I know a good club at the town. We will go tomorrow night. I promised" He smiled at Kyung-ah and then took a bite from the chicken wing in front of him. 


"Yongguk, were are you going? " I heard Himchan ask. I turned my head to look at them and indeed Yongguk stood up from the table. 


"I told you. I am going to buy some soju. Don't you remember that i told that? " He took the car keys out of his pockets.


 "Do you remember where the mini market is? If you don't, i can come with you hyung. " Zelo wiped his hands with a napkin and when he was ready to stood up, Yongguk put his hands at his shoulder stopping him. 


"Is okay Zelo. I remember where it is. After all it is like a 30 minutes from here, or so. I will be right back." He lean down to him and gave him a  kiss on his cheek. Zelo quickly wiped his cheek with a pout on his face and we all laughed at it. 


"Hyung. I am not a kid anymore. Stop kissing me on the cheek. " Yongguk laughed a little bit at Zelo's childish behavior and caressed his head. "Alright, alright. Anyway, i am going. Does someone wants me to buy something else? "  "No, oppa we are fine." Seol-hee smiled at him and soon Yongguk left with the car.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I started to feel worried. It was almost two hours since Yongguk had left to go buy soju and still he hasn't arrived. Everyone seemed to be worried but no one asked about Yongguk yet. "Guys... shouldn't Yongguk oppa be back by now?" I asked and Seol-hee nodded her head. 


"That's right. It is almost midnight and Yongguk oppa left when it was ten o'clock. If something is wrong?" 


"Calm down Seol-hee i don't think there is something wrong. Maybe he made another stop." Himchan caressed her girlfriend's back and then grabbes his smartphone which was laid on the wooden table. "I will give him a call, and we will know where he is." Himchan dialed Yongguk's number and waited  to pick it up but nothing happened. Himchan tried two more times but still he had no answer. "He doesn't answer." Now, i started to feel more worried that before, to the point that i feared that something bad had happened to him. 

Daehyun saw that i was worried and stood up from the table. "That's it. We are going to find him. But some of you stay here in case he comes back." 
I also stood up from the table. "I am going with you. I don't think that i can stay here." 


"We are coming too." Seol-hee said while her and Himchan have already stood up and came next to us. 


"Alright, then lets go. Himcham hyung you will drive, alright?" Daehyun gave Himchan the car keys and we all went to the car. 


"I want to come too! " Kyung-ah raises her hand and followed us. 


"Fine. But that's it. The car can have maximum five people." 


"I know i know" Kyung-ah said and quickly got inside the car and we all followed her.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 


We weren't at the car more than five minutes. Himchan was driving, Seol-hee was next to him and the rest of us were sitting at the backseat. Still, we haven't reached the main street, we were surrounded by the forest. The darkness around us made it more difficult for Himchan to drive but he did his best to make it to the main street. Suddenly, the car stopped abruptly. 


"What is going on?" I looked in the front seats and no one answered. And i understood why. In front of us it was Yongguk's car, with its doors opened. But Yongguk wasn't no where to be seen. 


"Oh my god...where is Yongguk oppa? What happened?" Kyung-ah asked as she was looking terrified at the scene in front of us. Himchan turned off the car. "We have to search for him. Maybe he is in danger. " 


Soon, we all stepped out of the car and walked towards the car. "Do you think that all of these is...you know,due to a spirit or something? I don't know how to explain this." "Some hours ago you said Kyung-ah that you don't believe in ghosts. What happened now, huh? " Seol-hee looked at her and Kyung-ah ignored her by rolling her eyes. 


When we reached the car the first thing i noticed it was that the car keys were laid at the ground some meters away from the car and the hood of the car was opened. Seol-hee, who studies auto mechanic, went near the hood to check out why it was opened. "Okay....we need to find Yongguk oppa now." 


 "Why? What happened?" I felt my heart throbbing like crazy from fear and quickly i paced towards her.
 "The battery is missing. Someone took the battery, without it the car can't get started. " 


Daehyun looked at me and then at the others. " I think i found something" He beckoned us to come closer to him and when we reached him, he pointed to the ground. I lowered my head and noticed a trail of blood that was going deeper to the forest. All of us stayed silent while we were looking at each other with fear in our eyes.


 "T-This can't be..." I took some short breaths to make myself calm down and grabbed Daehyun's hand so i could feel some kind of comfort. Everyone around me remained speechless as they were looking at the direction of the blood. Himchan then, took the risk and started to walk, following the direction of the blood. 


"What do you think you are doing oppa?" Seol-hee almost yelled at him in fear. Himchan turned to look at her. 


"And what are we supposed to do? Yongguk maybe needs our help. I am not going to leave." I felt Daehyun's grip around my hand getting a little tighter as he started to follow Himchan. Kyung-ah from the other hand, paced fearless next to Seol-hee who was walking next to Himchan in front us. 
We were walking from almost three minutes until we came across somtething. "I think i see...something? I don't know, i am not sure what it is." Kyung-ah pointed in front of her. Himchan opened his smartphone so we would see better in the dark. With slow steps we walked towards the unknown shadow.


 "I think it is a person, maybe is Yongguk oppa, hurry up" Seol-hee said and we all started to run towards it. Yongguk's dead body was laid to the ground with a knife being stabbed to his heart. There was also blood around his chest, his neck and his mouth. I couldn't stand the sorrowful sight in front off my eyes and swiftly turned my head away. I already was feeling the tears forming in my eyes. Yongguk was my first lover, even though our relationship didn't end up well i still cared for him. Daehyun placed me inside his warm hug and slowly caresses my back. 
"He is dead...." I said with a weak voice and looked at them. All of them were looking at Yongguk's lifeless body frightened and petrified and sorrowful at the same time. Seo-hee starred at me trying to look calm. But i knew that she wasn't. As i also knew that she was starring at me because she was the only one who understood exactly how i was feeling. Seol-hee knew at the first moment my relationship with Yongguk and knew how much he meant for me. I left from Daehyun's hug and kneeled down next to Yongguk. We went through a lot after we broke up. But i didn't blame him. After all i couldn't.

I stretched my hand to touch at his face but a hand abbruptly grabbed me and pulled me up. 
"Don't touch him Sora."Himchan let my hand. "You will be a main suspect for the police because you will let your fingerprints on him. "


   "Also, by now there are lots on bacteria on his body.. you shouldn't touch him" Kyung-ah added.
 I took a deep breath and looked away from his body. "And now what are we going to do? There is a killer here or a ghost i don't know." 


 "I will call the police Sora. We can't do a lot." Daehyun took out his smartphone and called the police and he looked at us with his brow raised. "Weird...i don't have signal. Some minutes ago is i had. Does someone else have?" We all checked our phones but no one had signal.


 ". Now what are we going to do?" Kyung-ah crossed her hands and looked around us.


 "I don't know...i just want to leave from here. I already have goosebumps." I said while i was looking around. I saw Himchan placing his hand around Seol-hee's waist bringing her closer to him. 
Daehyun holded my hand and look at the others "We have to get back. That killer thing or something is certainly around here. Let's go back to the car and get the hell out of here."