La Vuelta al Mundo

The Journey
Please log in to read the full chapter

I

Me escape de la rutina (I escape the routine)
Para pilotear mi viaje (To pilot my trip)
Porque el cubo en el que vivía (Because the cube in which I lived)
Se convirtió en paisaje (It became landscape) ... 

Lee Seunghyun looked at himself in the mirror of the room, still uneasy with the decision he had made, with what he had done, because not every day you left your work, family, friends and everything behind to begin a sabbatical journey of a year. He could not back down, he thought, he knew it was something he needed and it was too late to regret it, so with that in mind, he down to the hotel bar where he was staying, dressed in his favorite jeans and a white shirt that was a bit large, but was still quite comfortable, with his hair disheveled in its natural color, dark brown, a reading glasses and a book he have bought from the airport, all for a pleasant time.

He sat down at one of the tables, sipping a beer and opening his book, no matter how strange the scene might be, taking small sips and dipping into "The 10 Steps to Being a Productive Traveler," which he hoped to completely wipe out of his mind the routine that he had for almost eight years in his life, sighing, ignoring the sound of people talking, the sound of glasses clashing and definitely the sound of a camera taking pictures.

-Can I sit here?- Someone asked, pulling him out of his interesting reading, lifting his eyes slightly as he noticed an orange-haired boy with a bright smile and holding a camera in his hands was leaning toward him

-Yes, why not?- He reply, because he didn't really see the problem of sharing his table that was for three people with someone else, before returning his attention to what was in his hands, trying to get carried away by the book again.

-Thank you.- He could hear the sound of the chair and the table moving, Seunghyun simply started to read again- Do you want another?- He asked again, to which Seunghyun again looking at the guy, could see that he was pointing to his empty bottle of beer, then nodded, because it would be strange if he read without consuming in such a place - Is it good?- Seungri blinked a third time, closing the book and leaving it on the table resigning himself to not being able to continue.

-I don't read so far- He reply with some annoyance and irritation, the guy seemed to ignore his comment and leaning on his elbow, asked him one more time, staring at him.

-Where are you from?- Leaving his camera to the side and taking the glass that seemed to contain bodka, smiled.

-Korea- Seunghyun crossed his legs, somewhat confused by the sudden conversation he had with a stranger

-I knew.- He wrinkle his nose quickly before taking another drink. -I'm from there too, what brings you to Thailand? Money? Work? Love? - He ask with genuine interest to what Seunghyun denied

-Vacations- He simply answered

-I come for work- He point out his camera- Although I do not complain, they pay well and I do what I want- Seunghyun felt for the first time the interest wake up in him

-What kind of photographs do you take?- Seeing the "bad boy" style that the stranger had with his leather jacket and white t-shirt underneath, with a long cross-shaped earring on his left ear, he could almost swear he would have something to do with modeling

-Street and landscape photography - Seunghyun raised an eyebrow- You look disappointed - He point out with his finger slightly the liquids of the glass, tilting his head slightly - Photographing landscapes is not so bad, it is better than average office work, I can travel and go to beautiful places- He charge in his chair- And in what do you work pretty boy? - Seunghyun almost wanted to laugh with the nickname, feeling strange that someone flirt to him, because that has not happened in years...

-Accounting area in an advertising company- He answer with a tired sigh

-I can see now why you decided to come on vacation.- He smirk -How long do you plan to stay?

-I do not know- He sincerely answer- I take a sabbatical year to travel- He confess taking his beer and letting half content through his throat

-I see.- The "bad boy" seemed to think something before pointing to his camera. -Do you want to join me?- Seunghyun frowned, not understanding what he meant- -You want to travel with me?- Seunghyun looked at him, not quite believing in his words. They knew each other, only five? ten? Minutes by talking, why would he want to take him with him? Even if he had sincere interest in him it was too soon.

-I, I do not know ...- He doubt, still incredulous with the offer

-I can be your tour guide and you can be my company.- The idea seemed strange, even absurd, he still could not understand why, then he looked at him, with his extravagantly orange hair and bright eyes cocoa, with that big smile that covered almost half face of his face- What do you say?

No me convenció nadie (I was not convinced by anyone)
Me convenció tu sonrisa (Your smile convinced me)

-Y

Please log in to read the full chapter