The End Where I Begin

My Love Is Yours

*The story is all in Yuri's POV"

I surfed the interenet again. There were many homeworks and assignments to do, but I just didn't feel like studying. Just when I was scrolling on my twitter homepage, an article caught my eyes. Lee Donghae was casted for We Got Married. I was shocked. I read the title again to make sure I didn't misread it. And I didn't. My heart skipped a beat. I turned to my right and saw bunch of posters on my wall. Lee Donghae, the man of my life. 

He was an idol and I was only a high school student. No talent, not pretty at all, no money, no courage, nothing. I had nothing. He was an international superstar, he could dance really well, he could sing, he had courage to pursue his dream, he had money, he had fans. He had everything one could dream to have. My mother said that chasing him was equal to chasing a rainbow. You could see it clearly from afar, but you couldn't reach it. 

I didn't realize that I was crying until I tasted something salty on my tounge. I thought it was okay for me to cry, because I had been in love with him for years. Since the day he debuted, I had given all my life for him. I bought CDs, albums, posters, merchandise, I even camped for nights to buy his group's ticket concert. I didn't understand why but somehow I felt life was unfair.

Why? You knew the answer already. Me, and ordinary girl who was in love with a star couldn't do anything to reach the love of her life just because the status difference. If people say nothing is impossible, I thought this one was. He was already out of my reach, and now it got worse, someone would be in his arms. Just thinking about it made me cry even more. I didn't know what else to do. I could hear my heart was broken inside.

My friends said that I wasn't being real for loving someone like him, a superstar, a celebrity. He didn't even know me. All those things he said of loving his fans on screen were bull. He used the word love like it didn't mean anything. He didn't even care about me. If I fell sick, my family and friends were the one who cared. They told me to get real. But they didn't understand. I love him. I could still love him without having him cared about me, without having him love me. That was the true definition of love.

I was too heartbroken to move on, so I called my best friend, Jessica.

"Hello?" I heard Jessica's voice over there.

"Hey, Jess. I have a bad news." I said. But I thought she would already knew about it.

"I know. I've just read the article. What are you going to do now? Are you going to be okay?" She sounded worried. Even though she was the one who often told me to get real, put my feet on the ground, and so on, but she was the one who really understood me.

"I don't kow." I said. She sighed.

"Hey, don't be so broken up. Tomorrow is Saturday, you can go to his office building, if you want to. The shooting started on Monday, right?" Then I thought for a second. She was right. This could be my only chance to tell him I love him. To be honest, I never had the courage to shout 'I love you' to him, even if it was in the crowd and everybody was shouting it. I thought the word love was special. It should be told in a special occasion. And this would be it. The first and last chance, before he would be 'married'.

I agreed to her plan and hung up. I would go alone tomorrow to his office building. 

***

The next morning, I got up real early and got ready. I was really nervous that I couldn't sleep. After some preparations, I went out the house and walk to his office building. It wasn't really far from my house. By the time I got there, I saw many girls were standing near the entrance door. I did some survey last night, and I found out that Lee Donghae would go out from the office in the morning to do his schedules. He was supposed to leave at 9 a.m and now it was 8.55. I arrived on time.

I waited with the other girls for ten minutes and I saw someone was walking out the entrance door. It was him. The man of my life, it was Lee Donghae. He was wearing a white collar shirt and black pants. He wasn't wearing his sunglasses. I managed to stand at the front of the crowd and saw him walking in front of me. He was smiling politely. I gathered all my courage and I said it.

"I love you, Lee Donghae." He heard it and he turned to me. He waved his hand. And then he entered his van, and flew away from the office building. I was still standing there. I felt numb. I didn't know, should I feel happy, or not? Should I feel satisfied or disappointed? I didn't know. The only thing I know was, I had given all my love for him for all this time. And there was a sound in my heart that said.

"Come on, take a step and start the first day of your life." I didn't even know what that meant.