Final

The Journal

 

 

Should he look at it?

 

Should he not look at it.

 

He wants to look at…

 

He really, really wants to look at it.

 

But Yongguk knows that if he looks at it than it would be an invasion of privacy and the likelihood of Himchan killing him if he ever found out would be high. No. Not just high, guaranteed. Himchan would kill him.

 

Which means bye, bye Yongguk because there would be nothing left of him.

 

He has no doubt in his mind that Himchan could make him disappear.

 

Disappear without a trace.

 

Or embarrass him enough to never want to leave the dorm ever again.

 

 

Yeah, no.

 

Yongguk doesn’t like either of those options very much.

 

So, he just sits back and stares.

 

Stares at the black journal with a splash of neon black pink duct tape across the front that draws his eye every time he tries to look away. Yongguk constantly finds himself leaning forward, his fingers itching to flip open the cover and read what the book offers. To see if it can tell him anything about the boy he’s had a crush on since their trainee days.

 

… Not that he would use that to try and impress Himchan. He could do that all on his own. With his own ideas and thoughtful gifts… If he had any.

 

Yongguk just needs a bit of help moving in the right direction.

 

He leans forward again, his hand falling on the book and drawing it toward himself. Just a quick look. That’s all.

 

Yongguk curls his fingers around the cover, taking a deep breath.

 

“Yongguk hyung!”

 

Yongguk jerks back so fast that he can feel the chair he’s sitting on move with him and for a moment he thinks it’s going to give and he’ll be flying backwards. Sprawling across the floor for whichever member that comes around that corner to see.

 

Luckily, he manages to catch himself just as Zelo rounds the corner, grin on his face.

 

“Yongguk hyung, have you seen Himchan hyung’s journal?” There is a teasing look in his eye and Yongguk isn’t sure why.

 

“Uh… Yeah, it’s right here.”

 

“Sweet. Channie hyung asked me to help him look for it. Good thing you found it and not some snoop like Daehyun hyung, huh?” Zelo is smirking now and Yongguk is almost positive that he knows what his hyung was about to do.

 

“Yeah, wouldn’t want Daehyun having any juicy secrets on the hyung who’s constantly teasing him.” Yongguk replies, handing the journal to Zelo when the maknae walks closer. “Probably wouldn’t end too well for either of them.”

 

“Definitely not.” Zelo’s still grinning, tapping the journal against his hip. “Anyway, I should probably be getting this back to hyung before he starts flipping out.”

 

He made a show of waving it in front of Yongguk before spinning on his heel and heading back down the hall, calling out ‘Himchannie hyung, I found it~!’

 

And Yongguk is left feeling like he is missing out on something.

 

Something big.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

 

As soon as the door clicked shut, Zelo was grinning.

 

“He was so close to opening it, hyung!” Zelo sniggered, tossing the journal to Himchan who was seated on his bed across the room. “You should have seen his face! Told him that it was a good thing he found it instead of Daehyun, or your secrets would have been revealed to the world.”

 

“You’re a devil, Zelo ah!” Himchan chuckled, opening the journal and flipping through the empty pages. “Too cruel, teasing your hyung like that.”

 

The taller than average maknae flopped onto the bed beside Himchan, looking up at his hyung with a raised eyebrow. “But aren’t you doing the same thing as me, hyung? Teasing him with a journal that doesn’t even have anything in it!”

 

“I’m only doing it to see if he’ll come to me about what I like instead of relying on some journal.”

 

“… I’m not sure what you mean?”

 

“I’ve tried explaining it to you before but I guess I’ll tell you once more.” Himchan answered, tossing the book underneath his pillow before continuing, “I’ve been leaving the journal in random spots around the dorm, tempting Yongguk with its ‘secrets’ before having you or Jonguppie swoop in and snatch it away from his twitchy fingers and wandering eyes. And one day, probably soon, I’m going to write out a note in that empty journal, telling him that if he wants to know how to impress me than he can just ask instead of looking at my private things. Though I don’t understand how that man can’t tell he could impress me all on his own with that deep voice and gummy smile.”

 

Himchan has this dreamy look in his eyes and it kind of makes Zelo want to gag.

 

His hyungs are so stupidly in love and if they ever (read hopefully) get together than it’s going to give him cavities.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

About a week later…

 

Yongguk has had enough.

 

He’s been putting up with this constant teasing for weeks.

 

WEEKS.

 

If he sees that journal one more time, he’s going to finally snap and open the darn thing and read everything it offers. (He wasn’t going to read the personal, personal things of course, he isn’t that much of a creep…)

 

And Yongguk is going to use all the things he finds out about Himchan to his full advantage and woo the pants off the visual.

 

Even if it’s the last thing he does.

 

Also,

 

He’s sure that three of his bandmates are in on this whole thing.

 

The first one, of course, was Himchan for obvious reasons. It was his journal. And he was waving it around like some sort of prized object that had the power to tempt Yongguk from his good morals. (Himchan wasn’t wrong but still, how dare he think Yongguk could be tempted so easily!)

 

Second, was one Moon Jongup.

 

It was easy to see why.

 

Jongup was always easily influenced by Himchan and it was easy to see that he was his favorite hyung and would do anything Himchan asked even at the cost of others. (… Yongguk really needed to talk to this kid about his fierce loyalty or it could get him in trouble if he ever messed up big time with Himchan…)

 

The third was Zelo.

 

That devious maknae that Yongguk thought would always on his side.

 

Though that was obviously not the case.

 

Because out of the three of them, Yongguk could tell that Zelo was the one that took the most pleasure in all of this.

 

Out of the two of them, Zelo was always the one who came to grab the journal out from under his nose with a smirk and a snarky remark that he knew would get under his hyung’s skin. (Jongup was subtle, just a small smile, barely there.)

 

And Yongguk was sure that when the opportunity arose, he would get Zelo back tenfold.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Here it is.

 

The greatest opportunity to ever arise in Yongguk’s life.

 

The dorm was empty. Completely and utterly empty.

 

Youngjae and Daehyun were at vocal practice while Himchan, Zelo and Jongup were all out to the movies with their manager. (Under disguise of course.)

 

No one to interrupt him.

 

No one at all.

 

And the journal was lying right there on the kitchen table.

 

Out in the open with no one to come and take it away from him with evil smirks and haughty comments.

 

Yongguk rocked on his heels.

 

He took a deep breath and moved forward, tapping his fingers across any available surface as he walked over.

 

“Okay.” Yongguk whispered out loud. “I got this.”

 

He rested his fingers on the cover of the journal, flipping it open and flinching when the hard cover made a soft thwack against the kitchen counter. His eyes drifted to the dorm door as if it would open at any moment before turning his attention back to the book at hand. The first page had ‘Property of Kim Himchan’ and ‘If someone reads this other than me, be prepared!’ along with a few doodles around the edges.

 

Yongguk snorted when he noticed the cutely drawn Matokis.

 

The leader traced his finger down the edges of the paper before turning the page which caused him to in a deep breath.

 

Dear Yongguk,

 

I finally decided to let you read the journal!

… The thing is…

This journal doesn’t have anything in it!

Nothing at all.

I’m sorry to burst your bubble and teasing you with this empty diary.

I didn’t really want to do it but I had no other choice! Your stubborn self won’t allow you to ask me personally what I like or how to impress me.

Which, in all honesty, there isn’t any need to impress me because I fell for you the first day I met you when we were trainees.

And you would have noticed if you weren’t so invested in trying to impress me while burrowing yourself in work like you do.

So.

I expect you to talk to me when I get back home.

 

p.s.

I wouldn’t mind a kiss or two ;)

 

~Himchan

 

-> Comments are love <3 <-