Can I Be Him?

Can I be him?

Hi guys! I dedicate this oneshot to my fellow shippers out there in regards to our beloved royal couple; Lee Joon Gi and Lee Ji-eun a.k.a IU. This long oneshot is inspired by the song, which of course, was entitle to it, made by James Arther. The said story is also inspired by the ongoing fanfiction which was made by Nerinach4’s entitle ‘You found Me’ and ‘For You’.

Note that this fanfic is not accurate as the reality portrayed. So I hope you still enjoy this one.

 

C A N I B E H I M ?

~*~

It was not his intention to be in this current situation.

Not all can’t guess how much he tried to ignore it.

Because deep down, he knew.

That he was falling hard for her.

And he can’t help but felt jealous by the man who still holds her heart.

~*~

It was all started when he first met her at their script reading of the upcoming historical drama series that he’ll be taking part as the leading character. Although he heard about her many times in the kpop music industry and some dramas that she was partaken, it was the first time to officially meet her in person. The first impression that he has for her is simple.

Lee Ji-eun is adorably small.

Not literally small, but somewhat a small in comparison to a cute bunny. In a simple phrase, he thought of her as a cute little bunny that is so small, lovable and cuddly.

It was not hard for him to make friends with his co-actors and actresses. Usually, it was he would take the first move to introduce himself and have a friendly conversation to gain a little bit of comradery. It was like his ‘start of the day routine’ at every manuscript meetings.

But to her, he has a hard time.

He was surprise this behavior of his when it comes dealing with her on that day. He notice that instead of just extending his arms, introduce himself and have a bit of conversation like the usual, he just simply give her a small respectful bow and smile. It dawn to him at that moment that he was practically SHY to acknowledge his co-star.

Not just any co-star, but his partner of all.

With that, instead of gaining comradery on that very first day, he gains awkwardness. However he pushed that thought aside since they were going to start reading the script. During the reading, it was confirm to him that there was indeed an awkwardness towards them. It was a good thing that the other co-stars, the director, the managers and staffs didn’t notice it. It never stop them of having a good time and fly a few jokes from each other’s characters’ monologues and lines, but when it was time for their characters to have a conversation, both of them are in deep concentration in portraying their roles. Although there’s still this bit of awkwardness, at least in the end of the day, they were able to have at least four to five times interaction.

And every interaction, it will be either with their co-stars and director.

He thought that if he properly introduce himself, the old fashion way, theirs’ a bigger chance that their awkwardness will be less as this current one, but it confuses him more on his previous behavior today. He doesn’t even understand why his heart was beating so fast when he met her and compare her to a cute bunny a while ago. Not to mention, whenever he was trying to have a small conversation during the breaks, he can’t thought of anything for a topic or when he was able to have one, he was tongue tide.

It doesn’t bother him anyway and it wasn’t his first time to be feeling shy to a fellow co-star.

But what makes it different is his fast beating heart.

Lee Joon Gi just pushed that thought away and with an optimistic mind, he believe that everything towards him and Ji-eun will be ok in no time.

~*~

On the first month of their filming, Lee Joon Gi was able to have a good time although he was tired due to his fighting scenes. Like he predicted, he and Ji-eun somehow able to gain their comradery whenever they have scenes with each other. Though they are still having an awkward moments, but it was a good things that they can talk with each other with or without their other co-stars. They even sometimes practice their lines together during their break time, and sometimes, they crack jokes with each other. It was very satisfying for him to gain a developing friendship with her.

But it never dawn to him yet on why he’s heart keep beating faster whenever she was there with him or whenever he hear her voice.

Also in the first months of being together, he notice something new about his behavior. When she was there with him, he would feel elited. Whenever she smile or laugh at his jokes or any of his silly antics, he would imagine himself raising his fist and desperately want to grin like an idiot. He even notice that instead of supporting his fellow co-stars at the time when she was part of the scene, especially Ha Nuel, he would feel very irritated. Even Jong-Hyung, a close friend of his notice it and with that, he was always teased.

There was a time that they were filming a scene where Ji-eun was about to serve Jong-Hyung his tea, but she was accidently tripped. It cost an uproar laugh to some of them and others just smiled by that incident, while he was having a minny heart attack. His friend, if Joon Gi still wanted to call him one at that moment, glance at him with an unnoticeable (for the part of his fellow co-workers) teasing smile and started to fuse at her, but what makes him very irritated and annoyed is while the idiot was patting at her back, he was giving him a taunting smug smile.

In the end of that day, he ignores his friend like a plague while the latter idiot had the audacity to laugh at him.

Another thing that he notice and according to his friend too, is that his eyes would seek her out when she wasn’t there yet in the set and when she does, he would secretly take a few glance. It occurs to him that whenever she was talking to him or when she was practicing her lines by herself, a thought would pop up in his mind as he stares at her by those chance.

“She is so beautiful.”

It was never a stranger to him that he would be attracted to his leading ladies, but what makes it different is that his attraction right now is stronger than before. He somehow knew what felt for her at the time he portrayed his character on the scene of the tenth prices’ birthday when she sings. It dawn to him at that moment that he was not just attracted to her. Jong-Hyung and even Ha Nuel told him about that, and admitted that they can see the signs.

But he instantly pushed it away.

Or he was simply denying it and was just content on what they have right now.

Him and Lee Ji-eun being friends.

After all, it was not a secret that she has a boyfriend.

~*~

Almost 3 months of filming the scenes and being together is indeed a living heaven and hell.

Heaven is when he and her having sweet scenes and a few moments of practicing their lines and having a few conversation. Hell is when he witness her teary eyes whenever she was having a conversation on her phone with the douchbag.

Yup, he just label her ex-boyfriend a douchbag.

According to Jong-Hyung, who he had heard from Ha Nuel, which it was told by Ha Na, that Ji-euns’ relationship with her boyfriend was on the rocks during this month. With that said information, it confirmed to him on her unlikely behavior for the past weeks.

Usually she would greet them with a beaming smile and a ‘Good Morning’. It was one of those things Lee Goon Ji was looking forward to everyday. At first, he just thought that maybe she was just tired, but it was already three weeks straight that she greeted them with just a plain smile and a bow. Instead of joining in the usual banters and teasing jokes with them, she was just sits there and keep on looking at her phone. He often notice that her manager talks to her with a weary facial expression while she just simply nod. Unlike before, she would just smile and make funny faces just to make the former smile.

Although he never notice any changes towards her acting and interactions with them, it occurs to him at the time they are filming the part where their characters was having an ultimatum break up. After taking the scene, she ask the permission from the director that she was looking for her handkerchief and the last time she use it is when they are filming in the lake. He had the feeling at that time that he should follow her and he did by at least for 5 minutes. When he about to turn left towards the lake, there he witness a heartbreaking scene.

She was there gazing at the lake, with the sound of her sobs, hiccups and flood of tears in her face while she was hugging herself as if she was her only life line. Without thinking, he approach her and hugged her in the back, like his character, Wang So did.

He comforted her with an aching heart and never dared to question why she was like that. He knew she would’ve dismiss it.

On that moment, Lee Joon Gi let down all of his defenses and denials towards his feelings. He officially admitted to himself that he wasn’t just attracted to her.

He promise himself that he would do everything in his power to make her smile again.

At the end of the day, he knew he was in deep trouble.

~*~

“Joon Gi Oppa, tell me…” Ji-eun was interrupted by her hiccups as she stare at her bottle of soju with a sad smile, “…am I not good enough?”

Lee Goon Ji and Ji-eun were currently at the quite bar. The rest of their fellow co-stars and staffs are having a good time in the VIP room having karaoke. It was almost past midnight, and there are still a few customers present at this late hour. An hour ago, Jong-Hyung and he decide to have a few drinks at the bar and have a small chat. When they arrive, they surprise to see her there; alone and drunk. They went to her and asked her why she was there all alone. She just simple smile at them and shrugged. Three of them stayed there, having a small chat here and there, until they were interrupted by the phone. It Jong-Hyungs’. His friend stood up to answer the call and left them there.

They don’t talk much for almost an hour. Both of them just drink their own bottle of alcohol, enjoying their silent company, until she opens .

He was surprised by her question, “W-what makes you say that?”

She take a small gulped on her bottle and let go a huge signed after that, “I just thought that… maybe the reason why we broke up is me…”

He frowned, “Is that what your-“ douchbag “-ex told you?” because if he does , then I’m going to find him and punch him in the face. Hell with the publicity and scandal.

She looked at him with her puffy eyes that they didn’t notice a while ago and gave him a sad smile. It aches his heart to see that smile, “No he didn’t…. He just told me that we were out of love.”

More like HE was the one who was out of love. The nerve of that guy.

“You know what Oppa…” She folded her arms in the table as she lays her head in it. Her gaze at the sparkling bottles of different variety of alcohol drinks “… he was everything. My world to be exact.”

“He was all I could think of when I was at work and making my music. He was one of my inspiration to do my best in everything I do just to reach the expectations of the people around me. He was my happy pill when I was sad and been criticizes. In simple way, he was the best thing that have ever happen to me. I have to admit that this year, I was thinking that maybe he was the one for me since we lasted for 4 years. I was proud of our relationship even though we are going on and off and at least we’ve survived that obstacle. Funny though…” She paused and wipes her already fallen tears. “… I even thought that we might end up getting married someday.”

She silently sobbed, “One of the main reasons why we’ve broke up is due to my busy schedule. He knew from the very beginning that as an idol, I’m unlikely to have free time, especially this year that I am participating SHR series. Sure I’m busy, but at least I try to give time for him. Hell, I even sacrifice my free time just to be together with him just to show him how much I love and care for our relationship. Why can’t he see my efforts? Is that not enough? Now that we are officially over and never going to get back, I’m having doubt of my ability to love.”

She looked at him with hear teary eyes and gave out a sad chuckle, “I feel like my character right now, Go Ha Jin, being robbed. Lucky for her, it was only her money that has been stolen. As for me, my confidence, sanity and my ability to love has taken away from him. Funny how this turn out to be.” With that, she closed her eyes and laid her head to her folded arms.

After that, he could hear her cute snores. She was fast asleep, probably warn out by the 3 bottles of soju.

At that moment, he let go of his masked that he was been using for the past months of hiding his true feelings towards the girl beside him.

It was not his intention to be in this current situation.

Not all can’t guess how much he tried to ignore it.

Because deep down, he knew.

That he was falling hard for her.

And he can’t help but felt jealous by the man who still holds her heart.

He reach out to her and remove the falling tear in her eyes.When he listen to her back then as she describe how much he truly loves that douchbag, he can’t help it but deep down he wish he was that guy. The guy that was her world, her strength, her inspiration, her happy pill, but most of all, the best thing that she could ever had.

How he wish that he could be the one that holds her heart.

How he wish it could be him.

He looked around if no one was looking and when it confirmed to him that everyone has doing their own devices, he leans down and kissed her forehead.

He whispered, If you have me, I promise that I will never hurt you. I would do everything that I can to make you happy. Every day, I would send you encouraging words. I will cheer you up whenever you are down and be your inspiration. If I will be you’re everything, then you’ll be my life. I will love and cherish you with my all. I will give my all just to make you feel that you’re more than good enough.”

After Ji-euns’ manager took her home, he was left their alone at the bar. He let go a huge signed and looked at the time in his watch. It was past 1:30. He grabs his phone and dial his manager to come and get him. As he waits, he make a final decision.

Lee Joon Gi made a vow to himself.

As of now, he’ll be standing in sidelines, wait for her to completely heal.

When the time she is ready, he’ll be there to take the douchebags’ place.

And when he does, he’ll make sure he will be last person that she will love for the rest of their lives.

T H E  E N D

 

A/N: Don’t forget to vote, comment and subscribe. If you’re interested to read more of works, I would like to recommend ready the current fanfic entitle WANTED: Mr. CEO’s Bride. This fanfic is also base on the royal couple. Chapter 2 of the @WMCB will be posted either within next week.

Love2