Love Confession Advice

Love Confession Advice

"What do you think is the best way to confess to a girl?"

Soojin stared at Minho trying to hide the hurt she felt after hearing those words from her best friend (secretly love). Minho is staring at her, waiting for her response and Soojin was trying to think of something, anything that wouldn't make Minho suspicious and give him reasons to think she was jealous (which of course she is but she's not yet ready to admit it even to herself).

Minho scooted closer and Soojin suddenly finds it harder to breathe. She straightened up, turning her gaze back at the television but not really paying attention to whatever news it had on.

"Well... what kind of person is she?" she asked keeping up the pretense that she was interested and hoping to God Minho couldn't hear the frantic beating of her heart. She was suddenly conscious of their closeness and it's making her heart beat like crazy.

Soojin didn't have to look to know Minho was pursing his lips, a habit he does when he's in deep thought. It would have made Soojin smile a little if only she wasn't feeling like a heartbroken idiot at the moment.

Minho turned so he was fully facing her, his one arm draped at the back of the couch where they sat, then lifted his one leg so his knee was bumping the side of her thigh. He looked comfortable, a total opposite from Soojin who tried to keep her distance but realized she was already at the edge of the seat and there's no room for her to move.

"She's pretty, small round eyes, long hair and..."

"I was asking about her likes." Soojin interrupted not really interested about how beautiful this girl is in Minho's eyes. She was already hurting pretty badly. "What does she like?"

"Well... she likes spending time at home... watch movies and stuff or read. Yes, she enjoys reading. But as for the type of guy she likes, I'm not sure. I have this feeling that maybe she finds me too tall or too boring... I really don't know..."

Soojin was silently hoping Minho is not the girl's type of guy then she suddenly felt guilty for having those kind of thoughts because that would mean Minho would be heartbroken which isn't a very good thing either.

"Never mind that. Just be yourself." Don't change for the sake of other people. I like you the way you are. Soojin liked to add but she caught herself before she could say it out loud. Because that would be close to admitting that she does like him and then Minho would put two and two together and her secret would be exposed – that she's in love with her best friend.

"Do you think she likes flowers?"

How the heck would I know?

"Hmmm..." she replied halfheartedly. "I guess," she added, her eyes not leaving the television screen, half hoping that Minho would get the message that she's not in the mood to talk about some girl he's apparently in love with.

"What kinds of flowers do you like, Soojin?" Her heart did a little summersault after hearing the question because it felt as if Minho was curious about her likes but then Minho added, "I mean, you're a girl too so you might have the same tastes..."

Soojin tried her best to hide the disappointment in her voice. "Roses. Maybe. I mean most girls like roses." She hates roses but then again it wasn't like Minho was interested with anything related to her. He made it perfectly clear he just needed ideas about wooing his love-interest. It doesn't have anything to do whatsoever with Soojin.

"Do you think it's a good idea to take her to the movies on our first date?"

"Do whatever you like, Minho. Now, can we go back to watching TV?" Frustrated, Soojin gave up the pretense that she was okay with Minho's choice of conversation.

"But Soojin... You got to help me," Minho whined and Soojin let out a deep sigh before she tore her gaze away from the TV screen.

"Fine. I'm listening."

"Well, I was thinking of taking her on a date tomorrow."

"That doesn't concern me you know."

"Well, it does. You see... I need to make it perfect. I wanna buy her flowers but I'm not sure what she would like. And I want to take her some place but I don't know which place would be good. A dinner for two maybe? Or a trip somewhere. I don't know. You gotta help me Soojin."

Minho was desperate, Soojin could tell from the look on his face. She knew that this is really important for him. But Soojin is the last person Minho should be asking when it comes to matters like this. And Minho just don't seem to get it.

"Tomorrow. Let's talk tomorrow okay?" Soojin said just to shut him up but Minho was persistent.

"But Soojin-ah..."

"For crying out loud, Minho," Soojin exploded. "Just tell her you like her and stop pestering me. I don't wanna hear it okay? Ask me for anything but not this. Just... not this." Soojin was close to tears.

Great going, Soojin. You just made a fool of yourself.

"Fine." Minho said quietly finally aware that he upset her. "I like you," Minho said looking straight into Soojin's eyes

"What?"

"You said I should just tell her I like her so I did."

"You're not funny."

"Do you think I'm kidding?"

"You're not?"

"No. I'm serious. Actually..." he paused contemplating something before saying. "Whatever. I don't care anymore." Then he leaned forward, claiming Soojin's lips which were slightly parted from the shock of hearing a confession from Minho.

"W-what did you just...? W-what was that?"

The corners of his lips curved up in amusement. "It's called kissing. You know, when two pair of lips meet and then..."

"I know what that is, idiot."

Minho chuckled and Soojin was too confused to feel anything, her anger at the boy almost forgotten. "Shall we do it again?" Minho asked.

"Yes... I mean... No! Why do you think I would... Urg! I'm not making any sense."

Minho was biting his lip trying but still failing to prevent a smile from coming out. Soojin was still processing his words in her head. "You... like me? Like as in like?"

Minho nodded, patiently waiting for Soojin to finally acknowledge his feelings. He was certain by now that Soojin wouldn't break his heart.

"But you said... You said... the girl... the flowers... and the date."

"Well, since I was planning it for you, I thought you're the best person to ask. I was also going to ask if it's okay to kiss on a first date but you got mad at me so I couldn't and then I just..."

"Minho..." she said cutting him in mid sentence

"Hmmmm?" he hummed in response.

"You're an idiot."

"But you like me anyway."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because you kissed me back." Soojin blushed. She couldn't come up with any excuse because she did, in fact, kissed him back. And she liked every second of it.