Chapter 2 - Hongbin

Yearbook

It's recess again. Hongbin is home again.

His grandmother hugs him tight and asks what he wants to eat for dinner, she will cook for him.

It's always like this.

At night he goes out after dinner, Hongbin doesn't think he'll ever get used the feeling of being back up on the surface after being locked down on that base in an abyssal fissure for months on end. Unused to the earthly smells.

Like rain, no matter how acid.

Or public transportation, for he never learnt how to drive.

Or supermarkets, or restaurants, or shoe shops, or nightclubs. The smell of mundane activities, of everyday life. “Hey.” There's a guy pressed on his back, a random guy with no name or face Hongbin won't ever see again.

He smells like spilled liquor, expensive cologne and leather, and he presses his crotch to the small of Hongbin's back like they've known each other for years. “Wanna hang out tonight, pretty boy?”

Pretty boy.

Hongbin's called that often, sitting on bar by himself for he refuses to dance to this upbeat thing like some teen in need of attention.

He just came here to loosen up some. Quiet his mind a little. He's tired… always tired, always stressed. “How much of my time would that take?”

The buzz of alcohol is no longer just a buzz, it stopped being a buzz when he reached the fifth shot. Swaying loosely to the song because he can't afford to care.

He can barely afford his drink, he forgot his wallet in the other coat. He's not used to needing a wallet to pay for things after eight months under water.

Sometimes he wonders if this job he loves so much is throwing his life away. “The whole night if you let me.”

The whole night, he says. What a joke this playboy here probably can't even hold the obligatory three minutes. They'll probably enter his expensive car and drive to some cheap hotel and Hongbin will be irked by the state of the sheets in the room but undress anyway.

Let this guy him and finish himself off on his own because sometimes guys like this one space out a bit.

He will talk trash and call Hongbin everything from gorgeous to because club guys tend to use feminine adjectives when addressing him, some are okay and some are as offensive as it can get.

But Hongbin's never paying attention enough to bother.

He wants a distraction and maybe a cigarette if this guy has one. He probably does.

And it's controversial but he likes the feeling of having someone inside him and he likes how he doesn't have to think too much because mostly as a bottom, people just expect him to look pretty and he's pretty all the time.

Never one to care about the sweet nothings or exchange numbers later. He's not a thing to be conquered and if he allows himself to be used it's because he feels like making himself easy just to reach his goal.

Get a and stop thinking about work all the time.

The car has leather seats as expected, and the guy in question has the decency of asking if he likes any kind of music but Hongbin is not really looking for social interaction so he just acts coy and says do whatever you want in that teasing low voice of his.

It's easy from there on.

This guy's lips taste of liquor and maybe tobacco? Cigars maybe, he looks like one of those guys to live the masculine fantasy of power with whiskey and cigars. He could ask but he doesn't mind the answer.

His hands are on Hongbin's at all times as they ride the elevator down to the room and he tries to and say how he won't be able to walk tomorrow but Hongbin's not really feeling it. He's too shaky, fumbling with the pack of condoms as Hongbin undresses on his own and sits on bed, too drunk to be self conscious and too sober to fall asleep.

He tries not think too much about the sheets and instead he looks about. It's cheap but it could be worse, he had worse already.

This guy (Hongbin just noticed they didn't get names, but it's best if they don't really) scoots closer to him and asks in a hushed tone how he wants it. “How do you want me?” Which crudely means whatever.

And the guy breathes out that , you're hot which probably means exactly that and Hongbin gives him a fake little smile that shows no dimples but this guy has no way of knowing because Hongbin didn't really smile all night.

And sure he s him and it's sloppy and he uses too much lube so there's some squelching sounds Hongbin finds a little gross if he focus on them too much, so instead he touches himself because yeah… the guy forgot about that.

He's not really mad, this guy is not as bad as he could be. If anything he's been calling him hot and beautiful all night and Hongbin thinks that's pretty much all the compliments he knows so he's flattered... Not really, but the intention counts.

And then Hongbin is sitting up, displeased by the feeling of lube between his thighs and the guy lights a cigarette and doesn't offer Hongbin one. “Hey, I’mma  take a piss hold on.”

Hongbin is half dressed by the time he closes the bathroom door. Then he sighs.

Grabs a cigarette in the pack and looks through the window. They're a little too far from his home. “Hey can you give me a ride home?”

“Can't, have to go somewhere else now.” He yells from inside the bathroom.

Of course he does.

Hongbin lights the cigarette and grabs some bills from the guy's wallet and walks out without saying anything else. Walking to find a cab at this hour.

It's cold tonight.

He wishes he had brought a coat like his grandmother told him to.

 

A/N: Just want to remind you this is not in chronological order, just so you won't get cofused ahead