1. The dream

Dream

Mark was standing in front of him, he slowly brought his hand up to his cheek. He couldn't move, his eyes glued to Mark, he had never thought he would feel this way about Mark. They were friends and still his hand on his cheek and his face inching closer felt… right.

Mark came closer. First his body and then his face moved in. Closer and closer until,

"JINYOUNG" 

Jinyoung's eyes flew open and he was immediately upright in bed. He looked to the source of the voice to find Jaebum standing next to his bed.

"Damn you're hard to wake sometimes" Jaebum said while rubbing his face with his hands "we have practices scheduled today so get up" he said while leaving the room again.

"Must have been a nice dream" Jaebum said before closing the door.

Dream. He honestly didn't remember dreaming about anything. He did have this weird feeling, like he just realized something and then forgot it again. He sighed and shook it off. He got dressed and went into their shared kitchen.

"Ah sleepyhead has joined us" Jackson joked when he walked in. He saw Youngjae yawn and the marknaes were no where to be seen, probably still sleeping too.

"Morning" Mark said while shoving a cup of coffee towards him with a little smile. Jinyoung froze. He had seen Mark smile countless of times but this time it made him feel strange, it made the feeling he had woken up with much stronger.

"Jinyoung" Mark said while snapping his fingers in front of Jinyoung's face "You must really be tired" he said with a chuckle.

"Yeah" Jinyoung said. He sat down and quickly drank his coffee to hide his flushed cheeks. 

"No Bambam that's not yours" they heard Yugyeom yell "I told you to use another one" they heard him continue.

"Well sorry, I mix up things sometimes, but this is definitely mine" they heard Bambam yell back.

"I'll go" Jaebum said. He left and Jackson who had finished eating mumbled something about a shower and left too. Youngjae went into the living room to check on Coco, leaving Mark and Jinyoung alone.

"Everything okay" Mark asked. Jinyoung looked at him, the worry in his eyes made his heart ache. He didn't know what to do with all these sudden new feelings.

"Yeah, why do you ask" he said while getting up to make food avoiding Mark's eyes.

"You are never hard to wake up, and I would know because I mostly wake you up, and you're avoiding looking at me" Mark simply stated like it was the most normal thing in the world for him to notice all these things.

"No everything's fine" Jinyoung said still not looking at Mark.

"Okay" he heard Mark huff out. He turned back and sat down with his breakfast. Suddenly Yugyeom and Bambam barged into the room.

"Hyungs please tell Bambam that that jacket is definitely mine" Yugyeom said when he came in.

"I'll leave this to you" Mark said before quickly getting up and leaving. Jinyoung smiled, the maknaes always had these little fights over nothing and they were just plain amusing when they did so.

"I don't care Yugyeom" he said teasingly.

"Waah hyung you're so cold" Yugyeom whined.

"No I'm not, but you will be" Jinyoung said. Yugyeom looked at him questioningly "without a jacket" he said and quickly left the room before Yugyeom could realize what he had said.

He went to the bathroom to get ready but when he ran into Mark he immediately turned back. He didn't understand what he was feeling. Every time he saw the older he felt a weird feeling in his stomach, something that had never been there before.

He and Mark had always been close and touchy, so he was sure Mark would notice it if he started avoiding him. But he couldn't help it, getting closer to the older made him feel nervous instead of comfortable, touching him made him flush. He felt like he was missing something, like he was not seeing something or noticing something, but he didn't know what it was, and he didn't know what had triggered the feeling.

That day during practice he, and he hates to admit it, avoided Mark as much as possible. He noticed the glances the older threw at him when he deliberately moved a little further away from him. He couldn't help it, getting close to Mark made him feel like he could explode any second. He missed several steps and even forgot a whole part of the choreography because of it. When they took a little break Jaebum came to sit next to him.

"Hey is something wrong, you're really out of it today" he asked, worry in his voice.

"I guess I'm just tired" Jinyoung lied.

"It must have really been a great dream" Jaebum chuckled.

"Yeah, actually, I don't remember a thing" Jinyoung admitted.

"You don't" Jaebum asked " strange" he said. 

Then suddenly an image of Mark flashed before his eyes. He was wearing different clothes from the ones he was wearing now. He was smiling and Jinyoung's heart immediately sped up.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay? You look like you just saw a ghost" Jaebum said.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" he said again.

He had no idea where the memory came from. He didn't remember seeing Mark like that recently and he couldn't remember when it had been either. The strangest thing was that his heart had sped up immediately. He must have really dreamed something strange. Maybe his dream had been about Mark. He groaned, he really couldn't remember.

A hand hovered in front of his face. He looked up to see Mark sticking out his hand to help him up. He took it and immediately the strange mix of feelings returned. He let go of Mark's hand as quickly as possible and looked away, but he didn't miss Mark's hurt face.

That night they decided to go out for diner. They all tumbled into their little hallway to get out of their dorm and when he looked up his face was inches away from Mark's. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem but now all memory of his dream returned to him. He remembered him and Mark having fun, holding hands, and most of all he remembered Mark coming closer and closer, and then it stopped. His face went pale.

"I'm just gonna go to the bathroom real quick" he said and left. He could still hear the others groan at the delay. He locked the door, sat down and burried his face in his hands. He had dreamt of Mark. Of Mark and him, being together, and most important, he had enjoyed it. He had enjoyed the feeling of Mark's hand in his, the anticipation when his face got closer. He liked it.

He liked him.

He liked Mark, liked-liked Mark.

The more he repeated the words in his head the more it dawned on him. He had dreamt of Mark and he had liked it. It's not like he didn't like Mark before but this was different. This was... deeper. He groaned again. Now he would never be able to look at Mark the same again. Now he couldn't look at him without blushing, without feeling butterflies.

He sighed once more and got up. When he got out everyone had left already except for one person, and of course, it was Mark.

"Hey, the rest left already, you know what they're like when it comes to food" Mark said with a smile, Jinyoung looked away when he instantly felt his heart speed up. They made their way outside and started walking towards the restaurant.

"Jinyoung" Mark said. He hummed.

"Are you angry at me, I mean did I do something wrong, or did something happen" Mark asked sounding really guilty.

"No of course not" Jinyoung said still not looking at him. Of course mark thought Jinyoung was angry, he had technically been ignoring Mark for the entire day.

"Oh okay" Mark said.

When they arrived at the restaurant it wasn't hard to spot the rest of the group, being the loud bunch they were. They sat down and Mark just had to sit opposite from Jinyoung. He felt their feet touch under the table and immediately pulled his feet back. Mark looked up at him, worry and sadness visible in his eyes.

He ate in silence listening to the conversations of the others. He noticed Mark looking at him more than often and he hoped Mark couldn't see the blush on his face. He couldn't have Mark notice, he couldn't let him know. Mark and he were friends and nothing else. 

Just because his brain had decided to create some weird images of him and Mark together didn't mean he was going to ruin their friendship. But Jinyoung realized this would be terribly hard. He had just found out and he already couldn't control his actions.

It hurt him that he couldn't let Mark know. There was a tiny part of him that wanted Mark to feel the same, that wanted the things that happened in his dream to be real. But it had been a dream. Just a dream.

They returned to the dorm and everyone flopped down on the couch.

"Movie time" Jackson yelled, enthusiastic as always. Jinyoung sighed.

"Guys I'm really tired, I think I'm gonna go to bed" he said. He felt Mark looking at him again and coughed to hide his flushed face.

"Alright" Jaebum said "rest well, you don't sound all to healthy" he continued, being the responsible leader as always.

"Yeah right, enjoy your movie" he said before quickly leaving. He dropped himself on his bed and groaned in his pillow. This was going to be harder than he thought. Why did he have to fall in love. Now he had to hide it and have to feel the pain of knowing friends would be everything they would ever be.

That night he dreamt of Mark again. They weren't doing anything special but it was so different from reality, in which Jinyoung was technically ignoring Mark. They were having fun and laughing and Jinyoung loved hearing
Mark's laugh. He loved spending time with Mark like this. When he woke up and realized it had been another dream he felt devastated.

He looked at his clock only to see that it was around give in the morning. Knowing that he was not going to be able to sleep anymore he got up and made his way into the kitchen. He dropped himself in a chair and rubbed his face with his hands.

That day he avoided Mark again. The second dream had affected him even more because he could remember every singly detail. When he got too close to Mark he would blush and his heart sped up with every action of Mark. The way he smiled at fans made him jealous and the way he took care of them made him see even more how caring Mark was. Everything he did made him realise how much he actually loved the guy.

The next week continued like this. He often dreamt of Mark and his dreams almost forced him into avoiding Mark. He didn't know what Mark thought of his behaviour but he hadn't said anything about it anymore. He was exhausted because he kept waking up early and had to try terribly hard to hide his feelings.

One morning he woke up early from another dream. It was Saturday and one of their rare days off, so he didn't expect the rest to be out of bed before noon. He made his way to the kitchen to make some coffee, his new best friend. When he got in Mark was already sitting there, he looked up when Jinyoung got in.

"You're already up" Jinyoung said.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep, don't worry you can still keep getting up early to avoid me, it's just today" Mark said bitterly.

"I don't get up early to avoid you" Jinyoung said still standing.

"You never get up this early and still this week you've been getting up earlier than all of us. Just admit it Jinyoung, you have been avoiding me this week" Mark continued.

He didn't know what to do. Mark was right, but he had no idea what Mark thought was the reason for him avoiding him. He decided to just sit down. He sighed.

"I've just been having a lot of dreams lately and they are keeping me up" he said. It was true, partially.

"Oh. What are they about" Mark asked.

"Uhm, I can't really remember them" Jinyoung lied.

"Really. Is there anything you do remember" Mark asked genuinely interested, his irritation from just a moment ago almost entirely faded.

"Yes" Jinyoung said hesitantly "there is someone" he admitted. He didn't know why he said it, but he felt comfortable and safe around Mark. Safe enough to tell him at least this much.

"Someone" Mark said and Jinyoung didn't know if he was mistaken but Mark sounded a little dissapointed "You're not going to tell me who it is, are you" he asked. Jinyoung shook his head.

"Is it a he" Jinyoung nodded.

"Is he in all your dreams" Jinyoung nodded again.

"What do you do" Mark asked.

"We" he hesitated again. Mark didn't know who it was anyways so he could tell him.

"We hang out, we have fun, we" he hesitated again "we hold hands and we cuddle" he almost whispered. Mark's face fell.

"Do you like him" Mark asked.

"Yeah, I like you" Jinyoung sighed out without thinking.

"What" Mark's head shot up.

"Nothing" Jinyoung hastily said and he left as quickly as he could. He fled inside his room and dropped himself on the bed. He groaned, he had literally just confessed to Mark. 

"You idiot. He didn't know who your dreams were about and then you had to say such a thing" he said into his pillow, not noticing Mark was already listening at his door.

"Jinyoung" he heard a voice say from the door. He heard Mark walk inside the room and he felt him sitting down on the bed. He turned around to look at Mark with a half eye. Mark was wearing an evil smile that he didn't really like.

"Were your dreams perhaps… about me" Mark asked. Jinyoung's face heated up again.

"No" he growled turning back into his pillow.

"Hey look at me" Mark said touching Jinyoung's side to turn him around. Jinyoung immediately turned at the touch. Mark's face was inches away from his. Flashbacks of his dreams ran through his mind. They had never kissed in his dreams, his dreams always stopped before that could happen.

"Were your dreams about me" Mark asked again, the smirk still on his face. Jinyoung groaned and tried to turn his face but Mark stopped his face with a hand.

"Yo guys, has one of you seen my cap" Jackson said as he stormed inside the room, not noticing the position they were in.

"Why are you up already" Mark asked quickly letting go of Jinyoung, Jinyoung immediately turned back onto his stomach.

"We're going out today, and I need my cap" Jackson said "Oh you're of no use anyway" he said impatiently before storming out of the room again. 

When Jackson had left Jinyoung felt the bed move again. He turned around and came face to face with Mark. Mark had crawled in his bed and was now lying with his face towards him. Jinyoung's face immediately flushed again. Mark chuckled.

"You're cute when you blush" he said and Jinyoung blushed even more. He hid his face in his hands.

"You've been avoiding me and I would like to know why" Mark said while pulling his hands away. He didn't let go of Jinyoung's hands but instead laced their fingers. Jinyoung didn't know what to say. He couldn't just say 'Oh well actually you have been in my dreams for the past week and I simply realized that I'm madly in love with you. But other than that there is no reason.'

"I" he stuttered.

"Was I in your dreams" Mark said, his face inching closer.

"Yes" Jinyoung whispered, intimidated by their close proximity.

"And did we kiss in your dreams" Mark asked the smirk again visible on his face.

"No" Jinyoung exclaimed.

"Well that's too bad" Mark said and then he kissed him.

Jinyoung didn't know what was happening at first. He did not expect this to happen. He closed his eyes and softly responded to the kiss. Mark's arms s around his waist and pulled him closer, he felt their legs bump into each other and tangle around each other. He was the first to pull away.

"Why did you do that" Jinyoung breathed out. Their foreheads were still touching and Mark's arms were still around his waist their legs still tangled.

"Because I like you too you dummy. How do you think I felt when you all of a sudden started ignoring me." Mark said smiling at him.

"What did you want me to do. I couldn't even come close to you without blushing" Jinyoung spit out. He covered his mouth with his hands after he said that. Mark chuckled. 

"How about we turn those dreams into reality" Mark said.

"What" Jinyoung asked blankly.

"I'm asking you out on a date you idiot" Mark said while laughing.

"Oh" Jinyoung said. He was still overwhelmed by everything and the butterflies in his stomach were going crazy. Mark pulled him even closer.

"Or we could cuddle for the entire day" he said snuggling his face into Jinyoung's neck. Jinyoung laughed at his sudden clingyness.

"Alright fine, a date it is" Jinyoung said. And he must admit, going out with Mark was ten times better in real life.

A/N

sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes, hope you liked it. ^^